Early Entry for AK

Ms. WDW

A DIS Veteran who just won't grow up!
While I go to WDW yearly, I've skipped AK for the last 2 trip for various reasons. The last time I went there was NO early entry for AK. Now there is.

My question is basically, is it worth going early? Can I expect shorter waits for the Safari and Dinosaur?

Does anyone know what other attractions are open for early entry?

Thanks!

:sunny:

I dont know about which rides are open early. I suspect its the fastpass rides like the safari, dinosaur, khali river rapids, bugs life, and whatever that new mini coaster thing is.

The cool thing about going early is that the animals are more active early in the morning.

The safari alone is worth early entry. There are two reasons for this. First, it is one of the more crowded rides and you avoid the big crowds with EE. Second, the animals are much more active in the am.

EE Attractions:

Disney's Animal Kingdom:
Discovery Island Trails
It's Tough to be a Bug!
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
The Tree of Life

It is worth going early

Head straight to the Safaris

Later in the day, get an FP and ride Safaris again - this way you have two chances at different times of the day to see the animals (each safari is different!)

If it rains, the Safaris work well because some of the animals appear to be more active in the rain

thanks
jaysue

if the park offically opens at 8 am , does that mean it opens at
7 for early days???

yikes.

The Early Entry attractions at AK are all of Africa (Safaris) and It's Tough To Be A Bug. Our plan is to do those 2 things, take a breather and then be ready to hoof it to Dinorama when the park opens. Everyone else will be heading to Africa to get on a safari, so Dinorama should be relatively uncrowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts