Early-Early Roll call.... 4-28-07 Eastern

Justthe8ofus said:
We are very excited to finally be under 300 days out. :woohoo:

Has anyone heard anything about the passport requirement perhaps being pushed back again? I really don't want to have to get 6 passports unless I have to. Plus, they are only good for 5 years. We plan to apply for them in December if we have to have them.
I am pretty sure they are going to take place

I did hear somewhere that the wait time for passports is already higher than usual and they anticipate it to get even longer at the end of the year - I was thinking about applying for ours in September -

Welcome all the newbies!
We were on vacation last week and managed to apply for our passports.
The said it should take 5 weeks. The adult passports are good for 10 years and the kids are good for 5 years.
It was pricey about 310 $ will all the fees and the cost of the photos.
something we won't have to deal with again for a while
I think when you renew it doesn't cost as much but I am not sure.
What kind of bracelets were you thinking about?
We had buttons for previous cruises they were handed out when we had the meet on the first day. They had screen names and first names.
I didn't wear mine after the meet.
But it was a ice breaker when you have a button on and it has your screen name on it.
Everyone said oh you're "Goofytoo"
I love that it was fun.
The summer has finally arrived in Maine it has been so nice here.
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer :banana: :banana:

The bracelets were those rubber type that lots of people are wearing. They cost about $1 each and we all chose lime green. They were inscriped with Magic 1-21-2006. They were mailed to us before the cruise and wore them into the terminal(if wanted to), I never wore mine after the first day but our 4YO wore his off and on the entire week. It was an ice breaker as we waited to board the ship to spot people and get to talk to them. The shirts and buttons sound nice too.

Justthe8ofus said:
Has anyone heard anything about the passport requirement perhaps being pushed back again? I really don't want to have to get 6 passports unless I have to. Plus, they are only good for 5 years. We plan to apply for them in December if we have to have them.

I had an e-mail from DU the other day, asking for our passport numbers and expiry dates...could be because we're from Canada, but I'm pretty sure that passports are required for any travel after Dec 31, 2006. They said Disney would not issue travel documents without them.

Can't wait for the cruise. :yay: My youngest DD is already looking at new shoes to take on the cruise. :rolleyes:

Wow! Another Canuck!

We're from Victoria! Are you going to go to WDW first?

Megakat
We got the same E-mail from Dreams.
I have a feeling if anyone waits to the last minute they might be in for trouble
as it gets closer to the deadline the gov is going to get bombarded!
Who wants that kind of stress. :confused3
I am pretty sure you won't be getting on the boat if you don't have one.
I had read that border communities were giving some pushback due to the large number of crossings.
The might change their mind on the original date but I am sure it is inevitable we will all need them.
That is why we started early :)
Has anyone got their airfare yet?

The Senate has passed a bill to push back the passport date. So, we will see what the House does with it. I think if I wait until December I will be fine. I have 6 children so, I don't want to get them unless I have to. My kids will most likely not be leaving the country again in the next 5 years.

We live outside of Orlando so, no airfare for us :)

My mom and sister will be flying down on Southwest so it is too early for them to buy. We just have to figure out how to get 10 people and their luggage to the port.

Has anyone thought about what they are going to do at the ports? We are going to do the beach on our own in St Maarten. Not sure about St. Thomas yet. There is so much to do in Castaway Cay! We will have to think about that one. Any insight from those that have been to CC already? What is worth it and not worth it to try?

We found out when we got there last year that nobody under the age of 5 can do much except swim, play in the sand, or go to the kids clubs. It's very nice but also very crowded. It surprised us that they could not even be in the paddle boats with adults.

Justthe8ofus said:
The Senate has passed a bill to push back the passport date. So, we will see what the House does with it. I think if I wait until December I will be fine. I have 6 children so, I don't want to get them unless I have to. My kids will most likely not be leaving the country again in the next 5 years.

We live outside of Orlando so, no airfare for us :)

My mom and sister will be flying down on Southwest so it is too early for them to buy. We just have to figure out how to get 10 people and their luggage to the port.

Has anyone thought about what they are going to do at the ports? We are going to do the beach on our own in St Maarten. Not sure about St. Thomas yet. There is so much to do in Castaway Cay! We will have to think about that one. Any insight from those that have been to CC already? What is worth it and not worth it to try?
I used to work for the majority leader of the house and will actually be in his office on Friday

do you know what bill it is in? I will see what I can find out about it -

julia & nicks mom said:
I used to work for the majority leader of the house and will actually be in his office on Friday

do you know what bill it is in? I will see what I can find out about it -

I read about it on Cruise Critic. I guess the bill has already been shot down once but, it was thrown in with something else. I don't know which bill it is in. Let me know if you find out anything. I have no problem getting the passports if they are needed. I understand that is part of the cost of the cruise but, if they are not needed I would rather not spend the $600+. That's a lot of fun money! I actually think they should stick with the 12/06 date but, if they don't I want to know about it.

Mary

gydell said:
We found out when we got there last year that nobody under the age of 5 can do much except swim, play in the sand, or go to the kids clubs. It's very nice but also very crowded. It surprised us that they could not even be in the paddle boats with adults.

My youngest will both be 5 by the cruise ( :cheer2: whoo hoo lol) Sorry, I am just excited because I have had at least one in diapers for 11 1/2 years straight. One of my 4 years olds is finally willing to part with his pull ups!(I have been telling him No Mickey Mouse ship with those pull ups) Of course my last had to be the longest to train. :rolleyes:

Are there kids programs right at CC?

slg said:
Wow! Another Canuck!

We're from Victoria! Are you going to go to WDW first?

No, we won't be going to WDW first. My oldest starts High School in Sept this year, so to take her out for more than a week would be too hard on her. She's a really good student, but she's going to be taking an Extended French program, with Science & History in French..... :eek:

I think we'll go back to WDW the following year. We went in 2003 and had so much fun, but my youngest was too small for a lot of the rides.

I hope to meet some fellow cruisers too. Last time we went on one of our excursions with a couple and their daughter....it definitely helped with the cost of the taxi :thumbsup2

We have been to castaway cay 3 times.
We have done the same thing all three times.
Get off the boat as early as you can find your favorite spot.Get a konk kooler
snorkel early before the sand gets kicked up have a konk cooler get lunch at cookies get another konk kooler and enjoy your last day on the beach :goodvibes and don't forget to get a konk kooler they are yummy. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
We love castaway cay.

I have not been to any of the other islands. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Justthe8 of us - Yes the kids club is on the Island. What are your boys names, so I can start talking to my DGS (Brent) about them so he will be familiar with their names. Where are you from?

gydell said:
Justthe8 of us - Yes the kids club is on the Island. What are your boys names, so I can start talking to my DGS (Brent) about them so he will be familiar with their names. Where are you from?

We live 30 minutes west of Orlando. My boys are Ryan, Connor and Trevor.

We are thinking about getting seasonal passes to WDW again but, DH wants to wait until Christmas time. That way we can get in for Holiday stuff this year and next. Can I wait that long? :crazy:

My Mother just booked the whole fam for this trip. It will be the 2nd cruise(1st Disney) for me and DH. My parents are veteran cruisers, but their first Disney cruise. We will have 2 DS's ages 10 and 7. Also DS and BIL will be coming. It is our Christmas gift from folks. I am so excited I can't stand it. I have been trolling around trying to get some great tips for our trip. We are vets at WDW and so I know how much planning is needed for any Disney Vacation.

Thanks.

I am so excited about being on the Disney Cruise. We are avid WDW vacationers. :wizard: I only wish we had time to squeeze in a few days at the kingdom before the cruise. But we opted to take the 7 day cruise, 3 or 4 just weren't going to be enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter