Early-Early Roll call.... 4-28-07 Eastern

Wow, I thought I was behind until I read Joe's post!!

DH is about 80% done, the accessory suitcase is 98% done, and I am about 70% done. Just the toiletries are left.:laundy:

I'm getting huge butterflies in the stomach now. :goodvibes

And OMG I checked the St. Thomas & St. Maarten weather outlook. PIXIE DUST, PIXIE DUST, PIXIE DUST!!!!!!:eek: :scared: :grouphug:

Dont even go there on the weather!!!! JUST PRAY HARD!!!!!!!!!

If it makes you all feel better - I leave tomorrow afternoon - and have NOTHING packed - which begs the question why am I sitting at my computer!?!?!?!?

Okay,
I had this lovely schedule to be completely packed and ready to enjoy the days before our trip in rest and relaxation.

Reality check...my living room is covered with many piles for each person, and my shopping/to do list is getting longer, NOT SHORTER!. In the midst, I am trying to study for my Chemistry and Psych finals(I started back to college after a short 20 year break)!:scared: :scared:

Anyone else running out of time?

My dining room table has suitcases on it and clothes hanging over the exercise bike. And yes, I'm in college too and I have 2 weeks of a Communications course to plow through.

Funny how after so many lists and books and threads and PassPorter pages that you get down to the wire and have a :scared: attack!

You can barely see the floor in my bedroom. We have clothes and suitcases everywhere! We went shopping last night, and got some new shirts for the cruise. :banana:

It's been raining/snowing here all day (Denver) and very cold :sad2: . Oh well, I would rather the weather be bad now than on Friday when we fly out!

WOW Emily, you are doing great! ;) I'm impressed. I got out a couple of outfits today for DH today, I was being sure he had everything he needs or else I needed to go shopping yet another time. :crazy: I am usually the kind that goes for what I need and then get out, today I went to Walmart for one more thing under $10 and came out and spent over $80. My how quickly those little things add up.

One of the things I got was candy for the movies. I read that on someone's TR so I thought I would share it with you in case you had not thought of that.

Angi, I am always as stressed as you are right now. Last trip I started to pack early and still was behind and more importantly FORGOT some things I wanted to have.:sad: Just try to pace yourself and set things out as you think about it so you won't forget and it will all come together!

Got my mani and pedicure today, I hope it's not to early but I was afraid I would run out of time at the end of the week.

At least we all have enough friends that if we forget something maybe we can borrow! :sunny:

One last thing, don't stress about the weather. We were in the islands for a week last year and it only rained for a few minutes and it is gone. With the ocean winds it doesn't hang out the way we are used to.:umbrella:

Ok, I went to walmart today for "just a few items" ended up spending $110!

I have not packed anything at all, and we leave Thursday! I have one small pile of "must pack" items, but I'm still washing and ironing clothes:eek:

I fell better knowing I'm not the only one running around trying to get it all done;)

What's really bad, is that I am sitting here reading all the latest posts while working on my third brownie.:rolleyes1

Dont even go there on the weather!!!! JUST PRAY HARD!!!!!!!!!

If it makes you all feel better - I leave tomorrow afternoon - and have NOTHING packed - which begs the question why am I sitting at my computer!?!?!?!?

Thanks for making me feel better. I have nothing packed. Toileteries are sitting in a bag, one kids clothes have been selected and are sitting in a laundry basket. The suitcases are completely empty.

Luckily we don't leave until Thursday night, but I have so much to do.
Wish me luck....

And to steer the conversation away from what we all are stressing about!!!

OK, one more to pile on....Small hint - make ONE list!!!!! I have made many lists as the mood and thoughts hit me. I swear I'm done, but keep running across old lists and finding things that need to be added!!!

Today I made a dash to the store for a lightweight pair of binoculars. The kids are most anxious to see Dolphins.

My problem is I bounce back an forth between two houses (out of necessity -not luxury...) and what I need is always where I am not!!!:scared1:

OK, now I am guilty of packing whoas too!!!:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Here's my question - do they sell and/or accept Disney Dollars on board? I cant find any refernce in thebooks. f they sell them on board it is one thing I can cross off my to do list before the trip. :confused3

Anyone know?

Disney ships are designed to be completely cash free. They will accept Disney Dollars at guest services to be applied towards your account. You do not use them in any stores/whatever, though. Even the arcade is cashless...which is dangerous if you are taking 3 boys addicted to video games(make that 2 children and 1 dh):surfweb: :surfweb:

I have some Disney Dollars left from our last trip to the world 2 years ago, I'll probably bring them and let the kids use them against their charges.

Still shopping for new stuff...I'll be broke before we sail.:scared:

what are everyones *MUST HAVES*?
Mine would def be makeup lol...dont wanna scare the children
a blow dryer
pirate gear

I still havent bought shampoo and such
or pillow cases...omG, sharpies are over $10.00 i gotta look for a better price...what a rip for markers.

Who is gettin a shirley basket and what are u having put in it?

I forgot about any type of goodies/munchies for movies and shows. i prefer popcorn

I havent bout my leis yet...I plan to wear or have kids wear some type of lime green and possibly add a lei to their ponytails.

do they have irons in the room?

tick tock tick tock :)

Linda

May I have a brownie please, they are my favorite thing!

Sure thing. They're duncan hines Triple chunk. I love brownies. I made Paula Deen's recipe for scratch made Blonde brownies. I have to say I made some pretty good brownies that day.

Back to the packing. I know what I don't have.
1.no leis
2.no gift baskets
3.no pirate gear, (my 11 dd does though. she's prepared for that)

I do have snorkel sets and my handy hair dryer. Have the kids autograph books from the last WD trip. still has lots of blank pages. Lots of sunscreen.
I'd say my must have is my hair dryer.
And the all important "papers". birth certificates and id's for us that opted out of passports this time around. I don't have disney $'s, so can't help there!

And to steer the conversation away from what we all are stressing about!!!

Here's my question - do they sell and/or accept Disney Dollars on board? I cant find any refernce in thebooks. f they sell them on board it is one thing I can cross off my to do list before the trip. :confused3

Anyone know?

All you use on board is your Key to the World Card. You can use cash for room service tips so I guess you could use them for that but, as far as I know, no cash or other charge cards are accepted on board.

Barbara

what are everyones *MUST HAVES*?

do they have irons in the room?

Linda

No irons are permitted in the staterooms. There is an iron in the laundry room - but there is only one in each and last time I tried to use it I had to wait in line and it wasn't that hot. Now if we really need something pressed we send it out and they have a press only option which isn't too bad for only a couple of things.

Barbara

Ok, I went to walmart today for "just a few items" ended up spending $110!

I have not packed anything at all, and we leave Thursday! I have one small pile of "must pack" items, but I'm still washing and ironing clothes:eek:

I fell better knowing I'm not the only one running around trying to get it all done;)

I totally understand. I went to CVS just to grab some suntan lotion and an underwater camera and ended up with an $80 bill!

I totally understand. I went to CVS just to grab some suntan lotion and an underwater camera and ended up with an $80 bill!

I did the same thing last month, so I refuse to go out to buy "last minute" things. I stopped by Costco to pick-up my contact lenses. Mind you, I had already paid for them, so all I had to do was go to the pharmacy section, get them, and leave. I ended up buying an 80GB iPod and neat portable speakers that fold up into its own case. And of course when I got back home, I just had to download the movie Cars and the entire SpongeBob SquarePants first season on it to keep DS amused during transit. The bill as a result of that quick trip to Costco to pick-up my contacts? Over $500!! I must say, though, that we were always listening to music whenever we were in the room, so I not only didn't regret the purchase but I was glad that I made that outrageous impulsive decision.

Wait, I think there are a couple of things I still need to...... must... resist... shopping...

Oh crap, are you telling me that they DO allow adults into the arcade?? :scared1: That's it, my DH is a goner. :sad2:

Too funny. I lost DW in there for over an hour one evening after dinner. They have a few "classic" arcade games in there, so Donkey Kong brought back so of DW's childhood memories. Surprisingly, I didn't play even one game. I was outside the arcade chatting with one of our table mates and she couldn't decide who was having the most fun: her DD, my DS, or my DW!!

Just think, though, it should be much cheaper if your DH gets lost in the arcade versus getting lost in Diversions.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter