Early-Early Roll call.... 4-28-07 Eastern

How many people are going to WDW before the cruise?

How many poor schlubs like me are ot going to WDW before cruise/after cruise?

We are lucky enough to live just over an hour away from the World and spent today there. The weather here has been great. Make sure you pack your sunscreen. Temps should be in the 80's. It's been so dry here we could really use rain but the forecast through next Thursday looks dry. One new attraction that's really worth the time is Nemo, The Musical at Animal Kingdom. We really enjoyed it. It is about 45 minutes long and only runs four times a day (the first time is usually 11:30 am) and you need to get in line early (they recommend 45 minutes before show time). We were at Animal Kingdom and Epcot and both were pretty crowded today. Our last stop was at Ghiradelli's for Hot Fudge Sundaes. We will be back there on Thursday waiting for the rest of our group to arrive from Philadelphia. These last few days always seem so long. Five more work days and then the party begins for us.

If there are any pin traders out there, Friday night is a Pin Trading Night at the Convention Center at The Contemporary (5 to 8 PM). They have been having them once a month since January. We were at the one in January and it was really crowded.

Can't wait to hug those grandkids and for our fourth cruise to get started.

I'm taking a break from going through *MY* clothes that I was thinking of bringing. I am soooo disgusted w/ myself. I quit smoking in october and gained about 25 lbs and my clothes either dont fit or i look like a porkchop in them. I didnt try to diet before the cruise thinking that i'll start right after the trip but now trying on my size 4 and 5 pants thinking...ok i'll squeeze in them...IT ISNT HAPPENING!! They are way to small and wont even close. I gotta be a size 7/8 now and i am disgusted (I'm a big girl to begin w/, broad and 5'7) I do have some things that fit but it's just depressing. I REALLY dont want to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe knowing that i'll be losing it again. Trying these clothes from last summer was definately a wake up call. <sigh>anhyyyyywayyyyy....
On the regular dinner nights what is ok to wear for the ladies....long shorts and heels?? daytime active wear is okay druing the afternoon? first time cruiser here...i would think this would be fine. I sooooooo hate packing lol. Whats everyone else up to and whats the dress plan for the cruise wk??

Linda

Hi Linda! It's funny that you posted about this because I have cried for 3 days about this topic! I haven't purchased clothes in about 4 years because of having 2 babies and wearing maternity. OMG....I can't wear a single piece of clothing. I have been to every store imaginable trying to find clothes and a decent price(won't pay much because I want to go down in size!). I still have to find 2 more shorts or skorts or whatever the heck will fit my bottom half! Need a few nice tank tops. etc.....I'm frustrated and tired of trying on clothes!

Anyways, regular dinner can be more lax than most would think. I remember wearing capris and a shirt last year most nights. I didn't dress up a whole lot (carrying an 8 month old at the time in dress clothes didn't work for me)! They just don't want swimsuits and indecent clothes. I wouldn't go to dinner in your afternoon activewear but you will be just fine with the longer shorts (bermuda) and even flats!

As stressed out as I am about this whole issue, I'm telling you not to stress!:lmao:

Kym

Makinmemories,

Question. Do we get the key to world holders with lanyards or is that something we purchase separately?

Michelle

You just get the cards...no lanyards. I bought the lanyards last year before the trip and couldn't stand wearing it around my neck. So...I just kept the keys in my backpack/diaper bag. Each person is different in terms of comfort in wearing those things! Good luck!

We are leaving Tuesday morning. We were going to go to MK on Wed and MGM on Thursday and then rest at the hotel on Friday but.....we have a 4 year old and a 20 month old. Doing those 2 days at the park would make us so tired before getting on the ship and that's the LAST thing we want to happen! So...I think we will go to MK on Thursday and spend the rest at the hotel! Only wanted to go to MGM to eat with Little Einsteins and JoJo (we don't have them at Disneyland)!

Never been to MK so this will be a first!

We are leaving Tuesday morning. We were going to go to MK on Wed and MGM on Thursday and then rest at the hotel on Friday but.....we have a 4 year old and a 20 month old. Doing those 2 days at the park would make us so tired before getting on the ship and that's the LAST thing we want to happen! So...I think we will go to MK on Thursday and spend the rest at the hotel! Only wanted to go to MGM to eat with Little Einsteins and JoJo (we don't have them at Disneyland)!

Never been to MK so this will be a first!

The JoJo/Little Einsteins character meals at Hollywood & Vine at MGM are our grandchilren's favorite. We have been at both a breakfast and lunch there. In fact we have lunch booked following the cruise and are really looking forward to it. But, if you want a fun character meal, you might want to try the character breakfast at The Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom. The characters there are Winnie The Pooh, Tigger, Eyore, Piglet, etc. The food is good (especially the cinnamon french toast). There are also character meals at The Contemporary and The Grand Floridian. Our grandchilren are 4 and almost 2. Our four year old granddaughter loves the character and happily poses with all of them. The two year old is a little more timid and loves the characters at a distance. At the Crystal Palace in March he was very happy waving at Tigger but the minute Tigger walked around the table toward him his face crumbled and he looked like he was about to cry; but, Tigger picked right up on it stopped and just waved and he was quite happy for the rest of the breakfast to just wave at them.

Our first visit to WDW was when our girls were 10 and 12 so now visiting with the grandchildren is quite a different experience. We spend a lot more time in the MK. Hope you have a great visit and enjoy MK as much as we are.

Just a quick Introduction.

We also will be sailing on the April 28th Eastern, our cast will be
myself, dh, dd (8) and ds (will be 3 at the end of the cruise!)
I have been able to take so many great ideas from this board and I hope to offer a great tip that I came across in the Passporter.
For those of us especially that will be in an inside room bring a small portable fan. The Passporter says that will definitely help when everyone is trying to get ready showering ect. ...

"SEE YOU REAL SOON!":dance3:

I found some Pirates in the Caribbean lanyards a couple months ago at Target. I have heard Walmart has the clear card holders, going to pick up a pack. I wear my lanyards at school all the time for my id, hand sanitizer, and key to classroom...so I'm used to them. My dh will probably opt to put his in his wallet.

I did end up buying cheap little lanyards and clear card holders at wal-mart. I'd like my 11 yr old to wear hers at least so she won't lose it.

I guess I should start doing some packing. Been slightly stressed last few days and it has nothing to do with this cruise.

Our home is in the last row of houses before the Everglades. There is nothing behind us until Naples. It has been so hot and dry that they are now on fire. I woke up to what I thought was a cloudy day and it looked like it was "snowing". It was the smoke cloud and ashes! I really thought it was surely time for evacuation, but alas it is somewhat now controlled. "Only" 22 thousand acres are gone. The poor animals!

Wow, it looks as if everyone is stressed and ready to get this cruise started!!!

I hear ya with the fires -- we live in So. CA and we've had our fair share of blazes this year, including those pesky Illini kids that almost burned down our Hollywood sign!

And for the women gaining weight -- I understand! I gained weight after I got married in '05 and am just now starting to lose it by joining Curves. I DID have to go shopping and re-shopping this spring for cruise clothes and such. It was hard to find pants that weren't too tight in the thighs and loose in the stomach and vice versa! I ended up mostly finding clothes at JC Penney and Kohls. Also, Old Navy is "normal" sized and seems to fit all sized women really well.

My husband and I watched "Speed 2" last night to get in the cruising mode. (Yes, we're weird. Might as well pop in Posieden while we're at it). The island that the ship smashes into is St. Maarten! What are the odds! I tried to look for our dock and the checkered floor, but then again the movie was made 10 years ago.

Can't wait, cant wait, cant wait!!!:woohoo:

How many people are going to WDW before the cruise?

How many poor schlubs like me are ot going to WDW before cruise/after cruise?

We are staying at the Grand Floridian on Saturday and Sunday - flying home Monday morning. Right now we are planning to do Epcot and Magic Kingdom - but that may change as my nephew wants to get back to Expedition Everest and Tower of Terror. My niece and I are just as happy to shop! LOL

Mormadsmom...

Thank you for the congrats and thank you for making me feel better. You're right5, I'm going to pick up a few new things but not going overboard because i will def lose this weight after the cruise. Thanks again!!:flower3:
Linda

Faith&Hope...

My girls are 16 months apart (now 6 and 7) but i know its hard losing weight...we'll do it though!! I hate trying on clothes <blah> thanks for the boost :)

:confused: What are landyards?? I never heard of this. The keys to the world basically is a wrist band w/ charging priv, but whats this other thing?? :confused3

Less than a week away kids...wooohoooooo!!!
OHH WAITTTT...I FORGOT TO ASK.,... ginger root...i went to the vitamin store and they come in HUGE capsules and dont say anything regarding what they are for other than digestion. how would you take them...a few a day?? one a day?? ALSOOOOO, if you're giving them to the kids, mine are 6&7...how do you give these horse pills to a child?? thanks for any info...i'm off to six flags great adventures now have a great sunday

Linda

Ohh Walt's Freezer, where are you? You're the ginger root expert. Personally, I plan to get Dramamine for my kids and give it to them before we fly out. Worst case scenario it makes them a little sleepy and they sleep on the flight. I'll treat them as a "just in case" for a day, then ease off the dramamine once it looks like they aren't going to be seasick. I have heard opinions on this in both directions. Personally I believe an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. If you have ever had seasickness, then you know it is terrible to get over! I would rather not have them experience this if I can help it.

I have that sick feeling in my stomach that I have forgotten to pack something! And I can't find my son's fake boots for his Capt. Hook costume.

It's time to go. DH was teasing me about what am I going to do without these boards to read. Let me know if I miss anything good.

Good luck packing and last minute shopping to everyone! See you on the boat.

I picked up magnetic sheets at the local Dollar Tree. They don't run through the printer, but I just adhered them to the backs of my door signs.

Psst..don't tell my dbil that I made a very special sign just for him.:rolleyes1

Hey! You better be nice to me on this trip, or I'll be giving your boys double espressos after dinner each night.... :scared1:

Most people use the beach towels made available by the pool. However, one neat suggestion I have read is to wait till you get to the ship then buy a beach towel there. Makes for a usable souvenier.

Faith&Hope...

My girls are 16 months apart (now 6 and 7) but i know its hard losing weight...we'll do it though!! I hate trying on clothes <blah> thanks for the boost :)

Linda

I so know what you mean. My two kids are 2 1/2 years apart (now 2 and 4.5), so I am not quite the same shape I was pre-kids. I had to go shopping for some dressy outfits on Sunday to King of Prussia Mall here in PA. K of P is a huge mall that has six department stores, plus a lots of others. My sis and I were on a mission. I ended up buying three dresses, but one will go back.

Now I just have to start packing :laughing: - or in other words - trying to cram four people clothes for 10 days in two suitcases and a garment bag.

See all you very soon.

Nicole

Can't wait to hug those grandkids and for our fourth cruise to get started.

They can't wait to hug you too. These days will go so slow, but so fast. I still have not packed a thing. Oh well, it will get done. In March, we had planned to go to the World for ESPN the Weekend at MGM. My DS (2) decided to have a reaction to his MRI sedation and develop breathing problems the day before we were to fly to FL. After an overnight stay at the hospital, he was fine, discharged, and cleared to fly to FL. I had an hour to pack and get to the airport. We luckily live about 15 minutes from the Philly airport. Thanks goodness for my DSis, she packed up most of our clothes, so we did not forget too much.

So the way I figure it, as long as I have more than an hour, I will be just fine. :yay: :yay: :yay:

See everyone soon.

Now I just have to start packing :laughing: - or in other words - trying to cram four people clothes for 10 days in two suitcases and a garment bag.

See all you very soon.

Nicole

How in the world are you going to do that? You must be a really good packer, we will have 2 suitcases for 2 of us!

DH and I were sitting by the pool today about 5:30 and he said I wonder what we will be doing this time next week? I think he is getting excited too!:yay:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter