Early close at MK?

Gotcha - that makes it a *little* more worthwhile, although my family tends to be 12-plus hours in a park kind of people so I'd probably still choose a party ticket over a one day ticket that I couldn't use to the fullest - but I recognize that not everyone tours like that. YMMV :)
This is suppose to be a "no park" relaxing long weekend anniversary trip. It has now turned into a one day at Epcot - 4 day trip, and now we added a day and I am looking at an evening at MK since we will be staying at POLY with easy access to MK. Someone save me from myself! :rotfl2:

To be honest, with SWGE opening on the 29th I think the Party night on the 27th and the afternoon /EMH evening of the 28th are going to be your busiest timeslot choices for going to MK. I really do think that morning / early afternoon touring on the 27th is going to be the shortest waits for you - but it sounds like you and your husband prefer late afternoon / evening touring? In which case, brave those crowds and go for it!

Our family usually only stays late because of fireworks - but if I was staying at the Poly I would totally just watch them there from the beach :)

I went last year late August and the MK closed early for 3 of the days I was there. Ridiculous, right? It feels like your getting penalized so they can sell a hard ticket event.
The only advantage you have is if you are on a Park Hopper and bonus if you take breaks between parks.

The MK is typically really slow on party mornings and well into the afternoon as people won't burn a ticket day for a park that closes at 6PM.
I say make the party days your MK days and enjoy the lower than average crowds.

Believe me, I was just as aggravated but it worked out great.

I went last year late August and the MK closed early for 3 of the days I was there. Ridiculous, right? It feels like your getting penalized so they can sell a hard ticket event.
The only advantage you have is if you are on a Park Hopper and bonus if you take breaks between parks.

The MK is typically really slow on party mornings and well into the afternoon as people won't burn a ticket day for a park that closes at 6PM.
I say make the party days your MK days and enjoy the lower than average crowds.

Believe me, I was just as aggravated but it worked out great.
So you think it would be worth it to go to MNSSHP? Do you think we'd be able to ride all of the rides? We don't really care about the actual Halloween stuff too much since it is just DH and myself.

Ugh. We try to go during a "less busy" time each year and after I made our initial resort reservations, they added free dining and then I hear they are opening SW in DHS during our stay. And now this. Just can't find a down time anymore.
To true. Though all things considered, it's still "less busy"
Disney has done a wonderful job eliminating the "slow season".
It is amazing what they'll do to increase their profits. Dang shareholders LOL

So you think it would be worth it to go to MNSSHP? Do you think we'd be able to ride all of the rides? We don't really care about the actual Halloween stuff too much since it is just DH and myself.
DH and I go and still love the Halloween Party. The parade is one of the best and most entertaining. So many fun activities, even for adults.

I’m reading that if you buy the hard ticket, you can get in at 4 pm. Is that true even though we will not have a theme park ticket?

I went to two MNSSHP in August last year. Both of them felt significantly more crowded that the day time MK crowd while we were there. I wouldn't buy a ticket to the party if I wanted to do rides.

I went to two MNSSHP in August last year. Both of them felt significantly more crowded that the day time MK crowd while we were there. I wouldn't buy a ticket to the party if I wanted to do rides.

Did you go on a Tuesday or a Friday? Just curious, because I am considering going on a Tuesday, it would be the first Tuesday that it's offered. But I'm completely on the fence! I've read a lot of posts here from people saying that they went to MNSSHP and it was crazy crowded, but then other posts saying that it was great, not crowded at all. I just don't know what to do!

I'm thinking of going to MK on that morning anyways, because it seems like it will be the lowest crowd day of the whole week that we're there. I'd also do the whole day on the Monday at MK. So I'm trying to decide between the full day at MK on Monday, then go for as much of Tuesday until it gets crazy crowded and then just go back to the resort and chill ... vs. doing the same but also paying to add MNSSHP to give us somewhere to go on Tuesday night (we don't have PH. My other option is to upgrade to PH ... and then go to Epcot that Tuesday night? But that would be the only day that we'd park hop, so is it worth it to pay the extra $$ to upgrade to PH?)

Did you go on a Tuesday or a Friday? Just curious, because I am considering going on a Tuesday, it would be the first Tuesday that it's offered. But I'm completely on the fence! I've read a lot of posts here from people saying that they went to MNSSHP and it was crazy crowded, but then other posts saying that it was great, not crowded at all. I just don't know what to do!

I'm thinking of going to MK on that morning anyways, because it seems like it will be the lowest crowd day of the whole week that we're there. I'd also do the whole day on the Monday at MK. So I'm trying to decide between the full day at MK on Monday, then go for as much of Tuesday until it gets crazy crowded and then just go back to the resort and chill ... vs. doing the same but also paying to add MNSSHP to give us somewhere to go on Tuesday night (we don't have PH. My other option is to upgrade to PH ... and then go to Epcot that Tuesday night? But that would be the only day that we'd park hop, so is it worth it to pay the extra $$ to upgrade to PH?)

I'm a little embarrassed. I got my trips confused. We did 2 MNSSHP in 2017. In 2018, we did 2 Disney After Dark. Our MNSSHP parties were on Fridays, 8/25/17 and 9/1/17. The After Hours tickets are more expensive, less hours, but so much better if rides are your main goal.

The parties are fun, but crowded in my opinion. I think I'm still a little bitter about how much more crowded they are compared to the parties of 2005-2010. I can't see going to a party and not doing the party stuff. However, keep in mind that when I say crowded...I'm talking about the crowd of a late August day vs the crowd of the party. I'm sure that the parties are less crowded than high crowd times like during spring break, but as I've never been during that time...all I can say is that in August, my experience is that the parties seem more crowded that the regular day.

I wonder if you look through last year's party thread if you can find ride wait times posted.

I'm a little embarrassed. I got my trips confused. We did 2 MNSSHP in 2017. In 2018, we did 2 Disney After Dark. Our MNSSHP parties were on Fridays, 8/25/17 and 9/1/17. The After Hours tickets are more expensive, less hours, but so much better if rides are your main goal.

Less hours? I thought DAH was 4-5 hours long? Less hours in comparison to what? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm trying to understand. I've never been to any of these. I'll never go to MNSSHP nor MVMCP as my family doesn't celebrate either of those holidays. But, I would do DAH in MK if I can get it to work with my family of three. That would be an extra $375 I'd have to convince my husband was worth it. :rotfl2:

Less hours? I thought DAH was 4-5 hours long? Less hours in comparison to what? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm trying to understand. I've never been to any of these. I'll never go to MNSSHP nor MVMCP as my family doesn't celebrate either of those holidays. But, I would do DAH in MK if I can get it to work with my family of three. That would be an extra $375 I'd have to convince my husband was worth it. :rotfl2:

The actual DAH is only 3 hours long. You can get into the park at 7 though (or even 6 at MK), so if the park officially closes at 10 the event will go until 1 and you have a total of 6 hours in the park but only 3 with really low crowds and wait times.

You can get into MVMCP and MNSSHP starting at 4:00p.m., so you can potentially have 8 hours in the park. DAH is several hours less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter