Early Boat to MK

mjtatman

DIS Veteran
Last year we were trying to get to MK early for an early ADR, however the boat did not arrive until 9:00 (one hour after our ADR's and at the time of opening). Was this a fluke or does the happen often? I thought the boats and busses all started 90 minutes before park opening, is there an actual schedule for transportation anywhere? Everything worked out okay the last time as they still honored our ADR's, but would like to avoid this again if possible :-)

The direct boat to MK does not really start until about 30 minutes before MK opening. If you need to get to MK early, you are best to boat to CR and walk to MK or take the bus from Settlement to WL and then the bus from WL to MK.

The direct boat to MK does not really start until about 30 minutes before MK opening. If you need to get to MK early, you are best to boat to CR and walk to MK or take the bus from Settlement to WL and then the bus from WL to MK.

Good to know! I thought they started much sooner! So the boats going to CR leave earlier? I didn't realize this! Is there an actual schedule somewhere or do you just know from experience? As much as I think I know about WDW, I learn there is so much more I don't know :-)

Down on the Fort Pier, the big boat on the left side heads directly to the MK leaving about 30 minutes before rope drop.

On the right side of the pier, the small boats run between the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, and the Fort. They run starting at 645am to offer breakfast options at other resorts and also give those who want to be at MK an alternative route (it's a 10 minute walk from the CR pier to the MK gate).

Most days I've been the small boats run at about 20 minute intervals.

Bama Ed

Boat to contemporary starts at 6:45 am.. MK boat starts 30 minutes before the park opens. Maybe there was a weather delay or something the day you were there. We've taken the resort boat and walked over for a pre park opening ADR before. It's not a far walk.

ETA: Glad to see @bama_ed came by with the pictures.

Down on the Fort Pier, the big boat on the left side heads directly to the MK leaving about 30 minutes before rope drop.

On the right side of the pier, the small boats run between the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, and the Fort. They run starting at 645am to offer breakfast options at other resorts and also give those who want to be at MK an alternative route (it's a 10 minute walk from the CR pier to the MK gate).

Most days I've been the small boats run at about 20 minute intervals.

Bama Ed

I love that you even included pictures!!! This is great! Thanks so much :-)

Boat to contemporary starts at 6:45 am.. MK boat starts 30 minutes before the park opens. Maybe there was a weather delay or something the day you were there. We've taken the resort boat and walked over for a pre park opening ADR before. It's not a far walk.

I love everyone for responding so quickly! This is great!
Thanks so much :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter