Dvc waitlist chances for one night.....newbie

So here's my plan to make length-of-stay ADRs at the 60-day window while waiting for DVC waitlist to come through (please feel free to suggest/advise/criticize). I've made a 7-night resv at a Disney value resort for the same time frame and paid the modest cash deposit. When my DVC waitlist finally matches, even inside the 60-day window, I will cancel the cash resv at the value resort and replace with DVC reservation. I understand the ADRs will then transfer to the DVC reservation. Sound like a plan?
Yes, that will work, especially because the ADRs are not linked to your resort reservation. That value resort reservation opened up the 60+10 day reservation window, but other than that, they're not linked. However, don't cancel the hotel reservation until you have the DVC reservation confirmed, just in case your WL doesn't fill.

Yes, that will work, especially because the ADRs are not linked to your resort reservation. That value resort reservation opened up the 60+10 day reservation window, but other than that, they're not linked. However, don't cancel the hotel reservation until you have the DVC reservation confirmed, just in case your WL doesn't fill.
Then I can rest much easier while hoping for waitlist to match...

So I got my final night at SSR yesterday and a CM merged 5 resvs (I got most of them a single day at a time) into 1. I was on hold for 75 mins, so this is not a good time to be calling DVC member services. The last night I got had been waitlisted for 2 mos (at SSR, no less--is every DVC member going to WDW the first week of December??). But it wasn't the waitlist that got it; I've been stalking the RAT several times/day, happened to catch it available, and snagged it myself. I've now waitlisted Kidani Village (since their 2-bedroom villas have 3 bathrooms), but not holding out much hope for that.

So I got my final night at SSR yesterday and a CM merged 5 resvs (I got most of them a single day at a time) into 1. I was on hold for 75 mins, so this is not a good time to be calling DVC member services. The last night I got had been waitlisted for 2 mos (at SSR, no less--is every DVC member going to WDW the first week of December??). But it wasn't the waitlist that got it; I've been stalking the RAT several times/day, happened to catch it available, and snagged it myself. I've now waitlisted Kidani Village (since their 2-bedroom villas have 3 bathrooms), but not holding out much hope for that.

In the future, you can use chat or send an Email to merge. It’s usually done in 24 hours.

If chat says unavailable, hang out on the site abs toggle around. It always pops up for me in less than 10 minutes. But so much less time than calling!

In the future, you can use chat or send an Email to merge. It’s usually done in 24 hours.

If chat says unavailable, hang out on the site abs toggle around. It always pops up for me in less than 10 minutes. But so much less time than calling!

Good to know. Thank you. It did take another 20 mins for the CM to merge the 5 resvs into 1. 10 mins for the first 4, and then another 10 mins for the last one she didn't notice first time around.

Does anyone know when and how often the waitlist sweeps for cancelled reservations?
Based on the number of reports of people "filling" their waitlists by themselves (stalking, seeing the availability they want, booking it), not often enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!