DVC visit

tink_lover

POLKA PRINCESS
We just returned after spending last week at the Contemporary. We did the DVC tour and received the instant fast pass ticket. We have been thinking about becoming DVC members. However, after doing the tour and seeing both SSR and AKV, we decided to hold out until Contemporary. We loved the location and keep seeing it posted to stay/buy where you love. So we will wait. We had a magical week and hope to return soon.

We just returned after spending last week at the Contemporary. We did the DVC tour and received the instant fast pass ticket. We have been thinking about becoming DVC members. However, after doing the tour and seeing both SSR and AKV, we decided to hold out until Contemporary. We loved the location and keep seeing it posted to stay/buy where you love. So we will wait. We had a magical week and hope to return soon.

Did you receive any "hint" as to when the Comtemporary would be built?

Sounds like you might be a MK lover with the three kiddos. Holding out for Contemporary might be a long wait. It is only a rumor now and with AK being rather large it will take a while to sell those points. Could be a couple of years or more. DVC announced Eagle Pines DVC five years ago but did SSR instead.
If you are a lover of DW and plan on going in the next five years I would go ahead and join. You can always use your points to stay at a future Contemporary, you just would not have the 11-7 window.
How about resale a BWV or WLV, with the boat to MK or with BW the boat to Epcot or MGM.

If you join you could always "add on" at Contemporary and receive a current member incentive (if offered). You also might then have a better idea how many points you need/want so you don't over buy.

I agree, I wish like all get out that we had looked into DVC back in 1994 when we took our kids (only two at the time) to DW. I have enjoyed renting offsite houses as well, but now with teens, we need to be onsite so they can go their own way with a friend. Houses just don't work anymore.

we were lucky we love AK and really started to look at DVC just as AKV was being built so we were able to buy exactly where we want.

that being said - there's nothing stopping us from staying at our other fav locations - Boardwalk and Wilderness

i'm also looking forward to the day when Contempary comes into the DVC family but by then we'll have had 5, 10, 15 years of DVC vacations and will be ready to buy addon's at Contempary.

We asked about timeframe, but no true answer. I understand the responses from everyone. We may look at BW resale (Yes, we are HUGE MK lovers with the kids!) but also love Epcot. For us it is all about convenience and monorail/walking into the parks. We are ok with waiting and just hope it becomes reality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter