DVC trip March 2003...how crowded?

disneydawn

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
We have always gone at off peak times except once in the Summer which I swore I would never do again. Our kids Spring break next year is March 17-21. This is almost a month prior to Easter (April 20). Since it is not near Easter do you think it will be really crowded? Any input is appreciated. We hope to stay at our new "add- on" home BWV! Thanks.

Lowest Attendance:
January (except New Year's Day) until just prior to Presidents' week in February
The week following Labor Day until just prior to Thanksgiving week
The week following Thanksgiving until the week prior to Christmas

Moderate Attendance:
After Presidents' week in February through early March
Late April through early June (except Memorial Day weekend)
The first part of Thanksgiving week

Highest Attendance:
Presidents' week in February
Mid-March through Late April ("Spring Break")
Memorial Day weekend
Mid-June through Labor Day
Thanksgiving Day and weekend
Christmas week through New Year's Day

I'll be there too at that time. I have been twice in March, usually around the 10th. It has been crowded then, but nothing that you can't handle. You'll need to use the fast passes. For more popular rides there was usually a wait of 40-60 minutes.

I have been going to Disney the last week in March for the last 10 years, and it's never too crowded, except during the years that Easter falls during my break, like it does this year. I always go during spring break, summer, and Christmas, and believe me, you don't know busy till you have been to Disney on Christmas Day or New Year's Eve, or on the 4th of July! The March times are not bad at all, provided you get an early start on the days you go into the park. During many of the years when Easter isn't in March, Disney even offered specials on their rooms ($89) and offered unlimited boat rentals and bike rentals during your stay for $100 for the family. I spend my weekends in cash rooms, so that worked out fine for me. I would think that early March visitors would have the same specials in non-Easter years.

We were there last March during that week with some of our kids and will be there again next month at the same time(spring breaks). Our kids and grandkids left OKW by bus every AM about 9 and old grandad joined them at about 11. They didn't seem to have any problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter