DVC - toe in the water

Every time we visit, as we are in the bubble, we always think about how to enjoy the experience it more. It is part fantasy and part reality. Like everyone here we really enjoy our time at Disney, and we think about all the different ways to extend those feelings
I feel like DVC has done that for us. It's fun to meet & converse on-line with others in the DVC community, there are a few special events, the discount perks, you'll get the quarterly magazine, you'll spend time talking with your spouse about where to stay next and when the 11 or 7 month window opens. As your family grows in size you can opt for a villa with more space as needed and your kids will have the benefit of getting to go to WDW and you'll enjoy watching them grow up there. @com_op_2000 laid out some helpful "nitty gritty" logistical issues, if you work your way through those and are comfortable with it I think it's a no-brainer.

I really appreciate all of the feedback, it helps in making the decision.
My wife and I are expecting our first child, that is another reason we have been thinking more about it. It will help us in the future for trips in the years to come

Lots of great advice here. All I would add is to (try to) plan for how you're family vacations will evolve and buy accordingly. By this I mean you may be fine with a studio now, but in 10 years you may really want the separation a 1 bedroom provides. Buying a few extra points than you need right now will also prevent heartburn if the points charts shift and you suddenly can't book 7 days, you're short a few points. DVC teaches you to think long term, I'm already planning our vacations for 2021!

Congratulations on the baby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter