DVC Ticket Offer

I just spent forever on hold with Disney today, finally getting through to a CM in order to book tickets for two guests. I added myself to the reservation to get around the fact that I wouldn't be there. However, the CM told me that I'd need to be present to activate the tickets and get the two free days. So it doesn't seem possible to get the free days unless the DVC members are personally traveling with the guests.

I just spent forever on hold with Disney today, finally getting through to a CM in order to book tickets for two guests. I added myself to the reservation to get around the fact that I wouldn't be there. However, the CM told me that I'd need to be present to activate the tickets and get the two free days. So it doesn't seem possible to get the free days unless the DVC members are personally traveling with the guests.

That is interesting since normally, multiday tickets once linked to MDE need no other type of activation.

The only time you have to stop at guest services is for APs. I wonder if anyone here has used them yet and can report back if they needed to do something special.

That is interesting since normally, multiday tickets once linked to MDE need no other type of activation.

The only time you have to stop at guest services is for APs. I wonder if anyone here has used them yet and can report back if they needed to do something special.
I definitely want to know if I was given the right info or not!

I have an upcoming trip, staying two days in a cash reservation and then moving to a DVC reservation for 7 nights. I’m awaiting a call back to see if I can get the recovery Gold AP for myself. (I wasn’t a DVC member when I had my AP.) For my family’s tickets, if using the ticket offer, can I start the use of the tickets 2 days prior to our DVC stay?

I apologize if this has already been asked before... I have been holding off buying tickets under this offer in hopes that the AP returns before my trip in May. However, I’m starting to feel like I need to buy tickets so I can make park reservations soon. If the AP were to come back by my trip, am I correct in my understanding that they would apply the amount I paid on tickets towards the cost of an AP?

I apologize if this has already been asked before... I have been holding off buying tickets under this offer in hopes that the AP returns before my trip in May. However, I’m starting to feel like I need to buy tickets so I can make park reservations soon. If the AP were to come back by my trip, am I correct in my understanding that they would apply the amount I paid on tickets towards the cost of an AP?

Yes. You just go to guest services at the park as ask for them to upgrade the ticket to the AP!

I have an upcoming trip, staying two days in a cash reservation and then moving to a DVC reservation for 7 nights. I’m awaiting a call back to see if I can get the recovery Gold AP for myself. (I wasn’t a DVC member when I had my AP.) For my family’s tickets, if using the ticket offer, can I start the use of the tickets 2 days prior to our DVC stay?
I’m wondering this as well.

I called MS earlier and was quoted $569.51 for the DVC offer w/PH. I forgot to ask if this was before or after taxes. OMY to Target to get gift cards. Anyone know?

At the time, when parks were still closed, they allowed me to purchase a new one and once I did and had confirmation, I was given a refund for a ticket that was normally non refundable.

Had I not been in the position to pay over $400 for the new one first, I would be out of luck until at a park. I needed the new one to get the park days done correctly.

It’s why if DVC can continue to offer some level of discount like this one, I wil always chose them now...given I have an AP and these tickets are usually for guests, I am more likely to always go with Disney regardless.
Wow. Really nice of you to buy tickets for your guests!

I know this has been asked before but I was wondering if someone could help me. I’ve been holding off buying tickets hoping for APs to go on sale. We have a trip booked in May. I decided I better go ahead and just buy tickets in case they decide to increase ticket prices in the next couple of weeks.
I’m not 100% sure we will make it in May depending on the Covid situation. If we can’t go, can we use the tickets for a September trip? If so, how would this work? Thanks so much for all your knowledge!

I know this has been asked before but I was wondering if someone could help me. I’ve been holding off buying tickets hoping for APs to go on sale. We have a trip booked in May. I decided I better go ahead and just buy tickets in case they decide to increase ticket prices in the next couple of weeks.
I’m not 100% sure we will make it in May depending on the Covid situation. If we can’t go, can we use the tickets for a September trip? If so, how would this work? Thanks so much for all your knowledge!

You would simply change the start date of the tickets and pay the difference,

You would simply change the start date of the tickets and pay the difference,
Thanks for your help! I think tickets in September are cheaper. There probably isn’t much of a chance they would refund the difference is there?

Thanks for your help! I think tickets in September are cheaper. There probably isn’t much of a chance they would refund the difference is there?

No, they do not normally do that. It never hurts to ask in today’s times though!

That is correct. I have tried a few times over the past 7 months and each time told that through different CMs. I also can’t change on the website under MDE like I can for a few tickets I have there that were bought via Disney.

They said I had to reach out to the place they were purchased or they could take care of it at GS at the park.
Well, until WDW put date-based ticketing into place, it was never an issue. A 4 day, or 6 day or 8 day were always good. Nothing to change, unless you wanted to add more days. So it is the date-based ticketing system that has created so many problems for so many people. The hours we all spend on hold, trying to get things done, which should not be a problem to begin with.

Just called to buy tickets with the offer and I asked the cast member to verify that if the APwere to come back that I could apply the price towards the purchase of an AP. She said they have been advised not to answer that question. I’m not sure if that is something new? I know it would be speculation but it still makes me nervous that the AP might not come back in its previous form.

Just called to buy tickets with the offer and I asked the cast member to verify that if the APwere to come back that I could apply the price towards the purchase of an AP. She said they have been advised not to answer that question. I’m not sure if that is something new? I know it would be speculation but it still makes me nervous that the AP might not come back in its previous form.

I think It is more to ensure no one accuses them of saying something more, I just do not see WDW not offering APs in some way.

There are way too many FL residents who would simply not visit the parks without it.

Did those who bought tickets under this offer receive some sort of confirmation email? I was waiting 55 mins for MS today when they finally picked up of course I was bathing my toddler. She gave me a confirmation number but I couldn’t write it down. I figured I would receive some sort of confirmation/receipt email but I have yet to get anything. I have no idea how to access my tickets to link them to my reservation at this point.

Did those who bought tickets under this offer receive some sort of confirmation email? I was waiting 55 mins for MS today when they finally picked up of course I was bathing my toddler. She gave me a confirmation number but I couldn’t write it down. I figured I would receive some sort of confirmation/receipt email but I have yet to get anything. I have no idea how to access my tickets to link them to my reservation at this point.

Check your MDE account. They may be there. Usually when you buy from Disney they link right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter