DVC Sweepstakes

DVD has run sweepstakes like this several times when promoting new resorts. The only “sell” is in the videos you watch to earn entries, and I doubt they have the ability to confirm that you’re actually paying attention when you’re watching. We enter every one, but I’ve never taken the time to search for the winners’ list.

DVD has run sweepstakes like this several times when promoting new resorts. The only “sell” is in the videos you watch to earn entries, and I doubt they have the ability to confirm that you’re actually paying attention when you’re watching. We enter every one, but I’ve never taken the time to search for the winners’ list.

Oh watching videos to get an entry is fine... but my imagine runs wild with what would happen when you actually win and arrive...

I remember a sitcom where some people were thrilled they won a free vacation -- all expenses paid! Only... they had to listen to a pitch for a timeshare. They thought they were clever and would just skip out on the pitch, go play golf, have a good time. But when they left the room, magically they would re-appear in the room with the timeshare people.

8-)

I enjoyed the video, and expect to watch Luca tomorrow when Elsa keeps us inside! :)
Often, they used to give free lithos for watching videos of new resorts. I think that’s how I got these lithos. (Pooh’s drawing is one I won on a DVC MC.)

Oh watching videos to get an entry is fine... but my imagine runs wild with what would happen when you actually win and arrive...

I remember a sitcom where some people were thrilled they won a free vacation -- all expenses paid! Only... they had to listen to a pitch for a timeshare. They thought they were clever and would just skip out on the pitch, go play golf, have a good time. But when they left the room, magically they would re-appear in the room with the timeshare people.

8-)
Fortunately, DVD doesn't have to do that. Their staff can just stand in the DVC booths at the parks and resorts and wait for people to come to them. They don’t have to approach people like the timeshare staff at Universal do, and they don’t have to make attendance at a sales meeting a requirement of enjoying this prize.
I just entered. There are no videos to watch with this one.
Hmm, we watched four or five, getting an entry for each one we watched.

Hmm, we watched four or five, getting an entry for each one we watched.
Weird. I just clicked on "I am a Member" and entered my email address and got a message that I had received 4 entries for the sweepstakes. No videos at all.

Here's the message copied and pasted:
You received 4 entries for a chance to win!
Thanks for taking the time to enter the sweepstakes
and learn more about Disney Vacation Club.

Weird. I just clicked on "I am a Member" and entered my email address and got a message that I had received 4 entries for the sweepstakes. No videos at all.

😝 Well, the videos weren’t very long, so I don’t feel too bad at having to watch them, even though I checked that I was a member, too! Good ol’ inconsistent Disney, right?

Did you enter your member number? If not, maybe that’s why? Weird!

I did have to put in my member number. I watched the video, and then another short one.

Maybe you already entered this sweepstakes? I thought I did but I wasn't sure, so I went back and entered my email address and got the same message.

I wouldn't be concerned about a timeshare pitch from DVC. Like @CarolynFH said, I don't think they have to do that. I'd love to win! One of my favorite memories was one night in MK as I waited on line for the Tangled photo pass lantern shot. There was a cast member on line ahead of me talking with a small group, and it turned out that a family had won a contest to stay in the castle suite! He was their VIP guide, waiting on line for them while they rode (I think) Haunted Mansion. That was my first dose of "Wow, those contests actually do produce winners!"

To answer the OPs 2nd question, I won a Disney trip sweepstakes in 2011.
By law, they have to fulfill the sweepstakes.
This particular sweeps (as previous DVC sponsored ones) are created to get people to watch the videos and hopefully be interested in purchasing.
Whoever wins, will not have to endure a hard sell.
They will, however, have to endure the taxes, so keep that in mind 😃

To answer the OPs 2nd question, I won a Disney trip sweepstakes in 2011.
By law, they have to fulfill the sweepstakes.
This particular sweeps (as previous DVC sponsored ones) are created to get people to watch the videos and hopefully be interested in purchasing.
Whoever wins, will not have to endure a hard sell.
They will, however, have to endure the taxes, so keep that in mind 😃

Ah, thanks Pam!

I never hear of anyone winning these sweepstakes. Maybe we should have a winners board.
I won a trip for 4 to the Macy’s parade 5 years ago. It was a Thomas the Train Instagram contest. They were giving away 100 of these new toy sets and the trip was the grand prize. I was just hoping to win the toy… never thought I’d win the whole trip!

I never hear of anyone winning these sweepstakes. Maybe we should have a winners board.
I won through a sweeps sponsored by Radio Delilah. I had to write about my favorite Disney memory. 10 people won. 3 nights for 4 people wih park tickets, airfare and $500 gift card for food. We stay at the Poly.
Crazy thing was, I almost didn’t enter because it didn’t feel like a long enough trip to bother 🤣.
We added on 3 days by renting points at AKV-Jambo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter