DVC studios - fewer amenities

While it may never have been listed in the supply lists, DBorges, studios have ALWAYS, at least at OKW, been equipped with ceramic mugs and glass driniking glasses. There was never ANY disposables in the studios. If studios always were equiped with styro cups, there have NEVER been any in a studio I've gotten, and we've stayed in studios at least 25 times over the years.

Paper plates & bowls, yes, plastic silverware, yes. But ALWAYS ceramic mugs and real glasses.

As I said BWV BCV never had ceramic mugs or glass cup I have stay there in this level room and never had it the only major chnage would be the dish soap .

SO as Chusck S said "at least OKW" well that is not all of DVC .

I don't think its fair to discriminate against those who stay in a studio over a bigger unit. I want real glasses. I paid for DVC and should have equal stuff in the units I choose to stay in.
green shmeen...its so they don't have to pay someone to wash them. :headache:

I agree. Studios may require less points, but that's because the units are smaller and have no kitchen, laundry area, etc. The points used for them cost the same amount of money as the points which are used for the larger units.

I agree. Studios may require less points, but that's because the units are smaller and have no kitchen, laundry area, etc. The points used for them cost the same amount of money as the points which are used for the larger units.

This is why they can give paper they do not expect you too use the glassware there as it is a studio with no full kitchen.

This is like compareing apple to orange it will neve rbe agreed upon. Hell it is like not getting straws at akl now you do ..

Or like saying I had a 30 watt bult at okw and i got 60 watt bulb at BCv it must be a some poilt to make us all in fight

this is why they can give paper they do not expect you too use the glass ware there as it is a studio with no full kitchen

I know this has been pointed out to you already, but the studios have always had coffee mugs and glasses, including the studios we have stayed at at BCV. :confused3 Many resorts have real coffee mugs and glasses in their standard rooms which do not have kitchens. It's an amenity that many deluxe accomodations have always had, including Disney.

I know this has been pointed out to you already, but the studios have always had coffee mugs and glasses, including the studios we have stayed at at BCV. :confused3 Many resorts have real coffee mugs and glasses in their standard rooms which do not have kitchens. It's an amenity that many deluxe accomodations have always had, including Disney.

But this is something that should be expected it is a studio for gods sake!

If they want to be deluxe then spend the points for a one BDR and poof your deluxe

I fail to see the actaul ablity to push this point. It is like saying why doesn't a studio have a whril pool tub.

Or a washer and dryer

How do i post a picture so i can show you want the guides say..

As I said BWV BCV never had ceramic mugs or glass cup I have stay there in this level room and never had it the only major chnage would be the dish soap .

SO as Chusck S said "at least OKW" well that is not all of DVC .

I have stayed in studios at BWV, BCV, AKV, and SSR and we have ALWAYS had glass glasses and ceramic mugs.

Bobbi

PS. There is a caveat that amenities may change, but still...this is one change that affects me much much more than the banking rules. This is a quality of my stay in my home away from home issue. I am very upset about this.

I stand corrected only to state that I just spoke with member services and the only changes to the ammenities of a studio is that they no longer provide 4 oz juice glasses and dish soap.

I was further informed that wine glasses and ceramic coffee cups have never been provided in a studio vacation club room.

The may have remained in a room due to overflow from the studio being previously used as part of a lock off two bedroom, but those items are not standard ammenities of a studio room.

This is from the Disboards and this has been my experience. When people try to convince you that what you know is not the case, that's when I give up.:)

Bobbi:goodvibes

Studio: The Studio rooms are 359 square feet in size and are smaller than the rooms at Disney's Old Key West, another DVC resort on property. The studio offers a queen size bed, double sleeper sofa, nightstand, telephone, wall mirror, small table with 2 chairs, armoire, television, small key-operated wall safe, and a sink and mirror outside of the tub and commode area, with a private patio or balcony area. Extras that truly make this resort a "Home Away From Home" include microwave, coffee maker, small refrigerator, wet bar, hair dryer, makeup mirror, iron and ironing board and a pak-n-play portable crib. To make light meals and snacks, 2 mugs, 4 glasses, paper plates and bowls, and plastic cutlery are provided in addition to dish soap and linens for cleanup. A computer data port is found near the nightstand and you do not have to disconnect the telephone to use it. Some studios also have a daybed in addition to the queen size bed and sleeper sofa. Handicapped accessible rooms with a single king sized bed and roll-in showers in place of tubs are also available.

TIP: If you are a DVC member staying here, there is not daily maid service, and the coffee supply is for one day only. Additional coffee may be brought from home or purchased in one of the shops along the boardwalk. Note that this applies only to DVC members, non-members staying at this resort receive daily maid service and the supply will be refilled daily.

I have read this entire thread and I don't think I saw this question. If we want glass coffee mugs or drinking glasses, can we request them from housekeeping? I remember one time in a studio we requested a toaster. And wine glasses if I remember correctly. They happily brought them to us. Is this no longer an option?

This is not a big deal to us because we rarely stay in a studio and we drive and could bring the stuff with us. But I can understand why some are very upset about this. It is considered a deluxe accommodation (regardless if it is a studio or grand villa-the resort is deluxe, not the size of the room). Thou shalt not drink coffee out of a foam cup at a deluxe resort. Isn't that in the 10 Commandments somewhere?:confused3

I stand corrected only to state that I just spoke with member services and the only changes to the ammenities of a studio is that they no longer provide 4 oz juice glasses and dish soap.

I was further informed that wine glasses and ceramic coffee cups have never been provided in a studio vacation club room.

The may have remained in a room due to overflow from the studio being previously used as part of a lock off two bedroom, but those items are not standard ammenities of a studio room.

Well that is just a LIE!

We stayed in studios for 2 weeks at a time and 1 time for a month. We had glasses and mugs. My boys favorite memories of studios is our nightly mug of cocoa and popcorn.

Just because you do not care does not mean that others should believe they do not deserve a decent cup to drink from. Enjoy your foam.

I encourage all others to stand up for themselves before we are paying for an empty room and we have to call rent a center for the furniture, best buy for the TV, and ownerslocker for the rest!

This is a photo of the studio amenities we had in our AKV Kitchenette in July days after it opened. Dont believe the hype!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/LIFERBABE2/Family%20Reunion%202007/100_2458.jpg

This is from the Disboards and this has been my experience. When people try to convince you that what you know is not the case, that's when I give up.
:thumbsup2

And another comes to mind. If 3 people tell you you're dead, lie down!;)

I've had MS CM's make waitlist ressies with my dev pts, or so they said until I called back weeks later to make a change and was told by another MS CM that's not allowed, so I don't put a lot of stock into a CM that says there were never ceramic mugs :rolleyes1

I've never seen or heard of wine glasses in the rooms, but there were real glasses and real coffee mugs.

I went to the DVC member site and sent a email through there expressing my displeasure. I hope everyone else will as well.

This is what we had at checkin. Note the MUGS and GLASSES. Note our Welcome Home packet and the checkin condition of the villa.

100_2458.jpg

I've stayed in studios for 6 years and have ALWAYS had glasses and mugs, and I expect no less.

We eat breakfast, light meals, and snacks in the room. I doubt if we're alone. At the end of the week any paper cup would be a filthy ruin.

Sadly, this is just Disney being cheap.

If studios always were equiped with styro cups, there have NEVER been any in a studio I've gotten, and we've stayed in studios at least 25 times over the years.

Paper plates & bowls, yes, plastic silverware, yes. But ALWAYS ceramic mugs and real glasses.
25 years is a lot longer than we've visited, but now you can understand why I was puzzled at this:

Dear Dorothy, Thank you for contacting Member Services. The Coffee Cups in the Studios have always been Styrofoam Cups. The Drinking Glasses were made of glass and are being replaced with disposable drinking glasses. Sincerely, Larry Member Services | Online CommunicationsDisney Vacation Club

I remember people saying that they have requested wine glasses, and have received them. It has been mentioned here that anything that was stocked in a larger accomodation's kitchen, for instance, a blender, could be requested. I've never done that.

:faint: as per Muushka's suggestion. This is better than playing in the snow, we got over a foot yesterday, the most here in one storm during this winter. The sun is out and it's beautiful. I have butt heads with Disney a few times since I first went, that was in 1977 with DH and our oldest DS who was 2 1/2. I cannot compete with the spin that they put on just about every suggestion that I've ever had, I don't make or have the big bucks. Of all my "defeats" ( I use this term very very cautiously, I need a thesarus) this will be my saddest if it comes to that. I want DVC to be better than plastic cups and styrofoam.

25 years is a lot longer than we've visited, but now you can understand why I was puzzled at this:

Dear Dorothy, Thank you for contacting Member Services. The Coffee Cups in the Studios have always been Styrofoam Cups. The Drinking Glasses were made of glass and are being replaced with disposable drinking glasses. Sincerely, Larry Member Services | Online CommunicationsDisney Vacation Club

Send him my photo of the Brand New AKV unit I stayed in July 2007!:confused3

Apparently DBorges only stayed once in a studio...

DBorges said:
Hell paper cups and plactic forks and paper napkins Not a problem for me .
I think it makes sence that you do not have actual glass ware and pots and pans and the whole kitchen sink.
I normaly get a 1 brm or a 2 brm I think they are merely tring to make the studio what it is in my mind the lowest level of stay.
Besides the last time I was in a studio there was not any glass ware and that was when BCV opened.(note it was the last time i did stay in a studio)

...so DBorges, I take it from this that you don't have any problems with this new policy because you are not planning on 'the lowest level of stay' for your future DVC vacations. That is a rather short-sighted attitude...as long as a policy change (or, in this case, cutback) doesn't affect DBorges and his DVC vacations, it's fine.
I don't know where you are getting the idea that studio villas are not deluxe accommodations while 1BR and larger are. These are all categories of villas at the same resort. DVC *resorts* are categorized somewhere in the deluxe range by Disney. I agree that studios are smaller vilas, but that should not mean that people staying in them have an entirely different level of amenities because these resorts are promoted by Disney as being comparable to Deluxe level accommodations. Foam and plastic cups are not deluxe amenities.
I guess that if it was up to you, DVC Members should all stand idly by while DVC reduces the quality of the amenities in the villas bit by bit...that it's only worth speaking up when the cutbacks affect the 'higher levels of stay'? :laughing:
DBorges said:
As oners we should be more comcerned with the losing of peeks like food discount park adminsion discounts and DDP discounts not Paper cup.
DVC members have never received discounts on DDP.
If everyone had the same attitude as you DBorges, those members who stay in 1BR villas or larger, purchase the DDP, and purchase their park tickets from non Disney vendors should not have any concerns about reductions in our perks or cutbacks to the quality of amenities in the villas.
Don't you think it's possible that as time goes by, if we take your approach and stand idly by while cutbacks are implemented, the group of Members who aren't affected by cutbacks and reductions in perks will get smaller and smaller?

Perhaps you might at least consider that it would be more effective if DVC Members resisted cutbacks of any kind (whether they affect the accommodations or the perks)?

For anyone else I know this was posted earlier, but it's worth repeating:
If you think this is issue is important, my suggestion is to contact the DVC Member Satisfaction team by email:
DVCmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com
or write them an old fashioned letter. The Manager of the Member Satisfaction team is Nicole Florio.

This is why they can give paper they do not expect you too use the glassware there as it is a studio with no full kitchen.

I never saw a full kitchen in my rooms at the BC, Poly, WL, or the Hampton Inn I stopped at off I-95, but there were always real glasses & coffee mugs in those rooms.

YEAH for LIFERBABE! Of course, someone COULD say that 1. Photo was altered. 2. The one bedroom next door was missing the mugs and glasses!

facebook twitter