DVC shopDisney discount

Drewferin

DIS Veteran
I thought blue card DVC members got a discount at shopDisney.com, however I didn't get a discount on my order at checkout. I emailed shopDisney and they indicated there is no DVC discount.

This DVC webpage says we do get a discount: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/special-offer/marketplace/

Save 20% on Merchandise
As a Disney Vacation Club Member, you can save 20% on Member-themed merchandise at the Disney Vacation Club Member Marketplace on shopDisney. Your discount will be applied at checkout.

Thoughts??

Good question... I don't think it should matter for the discount but i may be wrong. I'm having a manager at shopDisney contact me so ill let you all know.

The discount is also only on DVC merch.

Yes, on Shop Disney you only get a discount on DVC specific merchandise. You would get 20% off on most merchandise in stores at Disney World or Disneyland. When the app for ShopDisneyParks was working you could get 20% off on that as well but they killed the app for that and the only way to get to it now, is through MDE.

shopDisney-dot-com is an extension of the Disney Store retail chain, and not part of Disney Parks. Since there is nowhere else for DVC merch to be bought online, shopDisney carries it and applies our discount only to those items.

Correct, not sure there has ever been a full discount on shopdisney. The shop parks app was great as it was the same merchandise mostly and then some, but you got your AP discount. Sadly it's fully going away in favor of shopdisney.

shopDisney-dot-com is an extension of the Disney Store retail chain, and not part of Disney Parks. Since there is nowhere else for DVC merch to be bought online, shopDisney carries it and applies our discount only to those items.

Disney took back over the retail chain several years ago.

I thought blue card DVC members got a discount at shopDisney.com, however I didn't get a discount on my order at checkout. I emailed shopDisney and they indicated there is no DVC discount.

This DVC webpage says we do get a discount: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/special-offer/marketplace/

Save 20% on Merchandise
As a Disney Vacation Club Member, you can save 20% on Member-themed merchandise at the Disney Vacation Club Member Marketplace on shopDisney. Your discount will be applied at checkout.

Thoughts??

I don’t know exactly when the perk of discounts for online shopping went away but it quietly did a bit ago except on DVC merchandise.

I disappeared when they killed the shopdisneyparks app in May of this year.
The Shop Disney Parks app has been replaced with the ShopDisney App, which included the park merchandise plus other merchandise, such as Disney Store merchandise. I haven’t tried it yet to see if the DVC discount applies.

If you log in, using your DVC login, it will apply the discount for DVC merchandise. You can still get to the Disney Parks shopping "app" if you go through MDE and click on the merchandise/shopping. You have to through MDE on a mobile device. It will open the shop disney parks merchandise. 20% discount applies to most if you go through that way, but then again 80% of the things are only available in stores.

APP vs WEBSITE??

I am trying to purchase a DVC wallet by Dooney & Bourke....
On the ShopDisney APP my DVC discount is automatically applied to my order.
But on the ShopDisney WEBSITE my DVC discount is NOT being applied.
I am signed-in to my account in both places.

:sad2:

APP vs WEBSITE??

I am trying to purchase a DVC wallet by Dooney & Bourke....
On the ShopDisney APP my DVC discount is automatically applied to my order.
But on the ShopDisney WEBSITE my DVC discount is NOT being applied.
I am signed-in to my account in both places.

:sad2:
Same thing happened to me today. At the shopDisney website, DVC discount not available or offered on DVC merchandise. The "DVC member marketplace" links in previous, post do not work.
I too went to the shopDisney app and recieved 20% off DVC products through the app. Maybe we have lost this discount on the website.

Same thing happened to me today. At the shopDisney website, DVC discount not available or offered on DVC merchandise. The "DVC member marketplace" links in previous, post do not work.
I too went to the shopDisney app and recieved 20% off DVC products through the app. Maybe we have lost this discount on the website.

Obviously I ended up placing my order with the APP.
I received an email confirmation of my order.
When I click on the order link in the email confirmation, it takes me to the ShopDisney website, where it says "Order not found."
Thankfully my order is properly reflected in my Order History in the APP - but nowhere to be found on the WEBSITE.

I hope this is a glitch and not that the discount is gone. It was just working on Sunday. I got the sale price for the DVC Dooney, the 20% DVC discount, and was able to use the free shipping code.

Me too! Just placed my order today and just like you the order is not appearing in my order history on the shopDisney website. I have email and shopDisney app confirmation.
Disney Vacation Club web page under member benfits, still list save 20% on Member-themed merchandise at the Disney Vacation Club Member Marketplace on shopDisney, but at this time the link is not working.
Guess we will see what happens.

Has anyone got any more info on this? I did see that the discount appears through the app, only problem being, not all the DVC branded items are on the app as compared to the website. I also wanted to get something else (non DVC related), to get to the 75 free shipping, but coincidentally enough, that was only on the website, not the app... Why is Disney making this so difficult!? When you read the discount terms and conditions, it clearly states it's active until end of year so this shouldn't be happening.

In typical Disney fashion, one hand doesn't seem to know what the other one does. The DVC member pages still touts a DVC member shopping page and discount on Disney Shopping (for DVC merch) and yet, the link doesn't work and the discount will not appear, at all. Maybe the should have kept Shop Disney Parks and revamped the Disney Shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter