DVC ressie with no tickets

I don't understand why ticket sales are cut off for those of us in North America, but they are still available to those living in other countries such as the UK. How is that fair?

I wonder if there is an unforeseen consequence that Disney is not seeing by allowing people who have tickets make park reservations without requiring a resort reservation on the same day. Will there be ticket speculators who are trying to all make reservations for popular days of the year, weekends, etc. who do not have a resort reservation, but are hoping to sell those tickets/reservations on a secondary market. Also, are we going to find out there were some people who saw an opportunity to buy a ton of these park ticket gift cards at stores the day or two after Disney stopped selling tickets, so that they could sell them on a secondary inflated market for tickets. Seems to me that Disney could better regulate park capacity on certain days more easily with tying a ticket to a resort reservation requirement.

I wonder if there is an unforeseen consequence that Disney is not seeing by allowing people who have tickets make park reservations without requiring a resort reservation on the same day. Will there be ticket speculators who are trying to all make reservations for popular days of the year, weekends, etc. who do not have a resort reservation, but are hoping to sell those tickets/reservations on a secondary market. Also, are we going to find out there were some people who saw an opportunity to buy a ton of these park ticket gift cards at stores the day or two after Disney stopped selling tickets, so that they could sell them on a secondary inflated market for tickets. Seems to me that Disney could better regulate park capacity on certain days more easily with tying a ticket to a resort reservation requirement.

Those with tickets for 2020 who do not have a onsite stay, will be in the last group right now to book.

Disney decided..and it is what was published back in May when they announced opening dates...that existing ticket holders...regardless of whether you were an onsite guest or not...would be allowed to book park days before those without tickets would,

Yes, it is frustrating for a DVC member who did not have tickets yet, but since it is the ticket that is needed to reserve, and not the resort stay, it is what gives someone first crack,

Now, Disney did give priority to onsite guests with tickets over those with APs and offsite guests.

But, allowing someone to buy a ticket and get a chance ahead of someone who already bought one was decided to not be allowed, whether people feel it is fair or not.

Once all those with 2020 tickets have a chance to book, and Disney knows if there are spots left, they will open up ticket sales.

I have a really hard time wrapping my head around investing in three AP's given the fact that i can't park hop for the forseeable future. I think that is kind of bananas at this point - right now, an AP is a really overpriced park ticket.
I agree. I have a pass used 5 days in Feb. My April trip was cancelled and now Aug who knows how many days I will get in.

I hope this doesnt happen, but it will be limited by the ticket type/length (7 day tickets should get 7 park reservations, where as APs only get 3). I would hope Disney IT was smart and will cancel park reservations linked to the ticket if the ticket is reassigned, thus preventing this "resale of park reservations".

I was able to get through on a chat on the site. At first, I was told that there are no new tickets being sold, just packages. I nicely asked if she was certain (quoted "By June 28, all guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability on DisneyWorld.com prior to purchasing their tickets."), so she checked and verified that those in our situation (2021 DVC reservations on points) could buy tickets and reserve parks on the 28th.... I'm still probably going to call on the 24th though :)

Do you know if this is for new AP and multi day tickets for 2021?

I agree. I have a pass used 5 days in Feb. My April trip was cancelled and now Aug who knows how many days I will get in.

I think that is why Disney is allowing you to cancel and get a refund. From what I have read...and this is not confirmed, that they will refund based on what was used.

So, if you had a 5 day use and park hopped, they will deduct the cost of that ticket and refund the rest,

The problem is no 2020 tickets are being sold so anyone who wants to go before they are will have to choose.

For me, with the extension, even with loss of park hopping for now, my DVC gold is still a great value over multi day tickets,

But, it is not for everyone.

It looks like the option to buy annual passes has been removed from the website. 😢
It was removed just as I was in the process of purchasing 2 Gold APs. I went to pay and was suddenly redirected.

I have a DVC reservation for October that I have been on the fence about. This may just be the universe telling me not to go.

Also, what are they going to do for DVC members who have banked points they have to use in 2020 if they can't get tickets? I just bought a resale contract at DGC that closed in April with a February use year. So, I don't get an extension on those banked points and have to use them by end of January. Should I just book a trip for January since it sounds like with a 2021 resort reservation that I'll be able to buy tickets for sure on June 28th? Seems like to me they are risking making a lot more unforeseen complications by not having the people with resort reservations and DVC make their ticket purchases and park reservations first.

I looked and didn't see a response to your questions, sorry if I missed it. It is for trips through sept 26 ,2021. So anyone in your party with tickets could reserve parks on Monday. The issue is those without tickets. Those without tickets are in limbo. Since your trip is in 2020, they are in the "later this summer" group. When I talked to MS last week, they were very accommodating about returning points and extending if ticket availability impacted your vacation. I think by the 28th we will have a clear picture into what park reservations look like. You may want to wait till then to make any decisions.
Thanks, they are not making this easy for us are they.

So everyone seems to be expecting days to fill up almost immediately? Am I the only one that doesn't expect that? Personally I wouldn't be online right at 7am or even close to it.
I would say yes for sure for days sooner rather then later, then you have all the cash resort reservations, just ticket holders with non disney hotels, and APs with only disney knowing how much capacity they can allow. Although im sure they easily have the data due to mining of MB movement and FPs, they can tell how the crowds work and how much they can handle. Although the 3 day AP limit for non resort stays should help. Although I would hate to be a cash guest not knowing when my resort would open (besides FW).

I think that is why Disney is allowing you to cancel and get a refund. From what I have read...and this is not confirmed, that they will refund based on what was used.

So, if you had a 5 day use and park hopped, they will deduct the cost of that ticket and refund the rest,

The problem is no 2020 tickets are being sold so anyone who wants to go before they are will have to choose.

For me, with the extension, even with loss of park hopping for now, my DVC gold is still a great value over multi day tickets,

But, it is not for everyone.
Thank you. If I can go in August I will keep my pass but if I can't get reservations I'll try to get the refund minus the days I used as I bought them knowing I was going in Feb/April and Aug. April of course was cancelled and now it depends on if I can use them in Aug.

Yes, Disney has said that they will not be opening up any ticket sales for 2020 until existing ticket holders and AP holders have booked.

There are many resort only cash guests in the same boat, Matter of fact, they even shut down AP sales Today so those are no longer an options.

Right now, they don’t want anyone getting new tickets when they don’t know if current ticket holders...whether they are onsite guests or not...will get reservations for parks.

The only new tickets being sold starting June 24th are resort only stays for 2021 who turn their reservation into a package. What I don’t know if they will allow DVC owners with 2021 to call and get tickets too...that is not clear.

On June 28th, they will sell cash packages with tickets and rooms, but guests must Book park days right then.

Anyone in need of 2020 tickets, will not get them until they open it up later. You can’t even modify to add days right now either. My guests have 3 day tickets and now with no hopper want to change to 4 and they said not until ticket sales open...at that point, there may be no park spots left...or it will be after our trip.
So that effectively makes owning DVC useless for this year and possibly 2021 if they do not increase Park capacity. It feels like DVC is becoming and afterthought in that information is coming out for everyone but us. It would be nice if they made some kind of announcement that at least information was coming. I have reservations for home resort for my first ever Christmas season at WDW. I will never get this chance again until I retire. I understand the problem and the safety measures but tell us something, some kind of guidance for DVC members. I think we have earned it and deserve at least some heads up and info.

Definitely multi day...not sure about APs. They shut those down and I don’t know if they can sell an AP that doesn’t start until 2021.

That makes sense. I want an AP but because it would not have a set starting date I can see why Disney wouldn't want me to hog up all the park reservations.

I have 13 nights at AKV in May. Wondering if I should purchase a 10 day pass (when they become available) & then upgrades to an AP when my vacation starts?

Those with tickets for 2020 who do not have a onsite stay, will be in the last group right now to book.

Disney decided..and it is what was published back in May when they announced opening dates...that existing ticket holders...regardless of whether you were an onsite guest or not...would be allowed to book park days before those without tickets would,

Yes, it is frustrating for a DVC member who did not have tickets yet, but since it is the ticket that is needed to reserve, and not the resort stay, it is what gives someone first crack,

Now, Disney did give priority to onsite guests with tickets over those with APs and offsite guests.

But, allowing someone to buy a ticket and get a chance ahead of someone who already bought one was decided to not be allowed, whether people feel it is fair or not.

Once all those with 2020 tickets have a chance to book, and Disney knows if there are spots left, they will open up ticket sales.
But sales for 2021 are going to be cash package only, I believe is what you wrote. I understand what is fair as well but DVC members have to pay Dues every year. The dues I pay for Boardwalk are more than a cash vacation for a family of three at a value to moderate resort. So I think I buy a cash package every year and should be able to at least have the option to buy a ticket same as everyone who is paying for a cash package.

Also, what are they going to do for DVC members who have banked points they have to use in 2020 if they can't get tickets? I just bought a resale contract at DGC that closed in April with a February use year. So, I don't get an extension on those banked points and have to use them by end of January. Should I just book a trip for January since it sounds like with a 2021 resort reservation that I'll be able to buy tickets for sure on June 28th? Seems like to me they are risking making a lot more unforeseen complications by not having the people with resort reservations and DVC make their ticket purchases and park reservations first.

I would. You have to understand that DVC owners are not the only onsite guests who need tickets for 2020 Many cash guests do to.

While owners certainly do believe they should get priority, from Disney’s side, cash guests are just as important.

From what has been shared on some of the other forums, this was a decision that was more of a business one and not necessarily one that would seem fair.

Tickets purchased get priority...new sales won’t happen until they know anyone who buys will know ahead of time what they will be getting.

So that effectively makes owning DVC useless for this year and possibly 2021 if they do not increase Park capacity. It feels like DVC is becoming and afterthought in that information is coming out for everyone but us. It would be nice if they made some kind of announcement that at least information was coming. I have reservations for home resort for my first ever Christmas season at WDW. I will never get this chance again until I retire. I understand the problem and the safety measures but tell us something, some kind of guidance for DVC members. I think we have earned it and deserve at least some heads up and info.

Well, it was rumored in April and early May a park system would be in place. The piece that did catch people off guard was the stopping of ticket sales when they announced it.

However, 3rd party sellers did sell for about 4 or 5 days before they shut down...we got in 2 tickets this way.

I know it does make it tough for DVC members who don’t have tickets, and sure does make owning DVC a different product right now, But, let’s be honest, none of us ever thought about this type of limiting of capacity of parks.

We bought knowing parks are not part of the deal, but again, no one ever expected to see that actually be an issue.

Now, we have to deal with it for the next year...although, IMO, it is 2020 that will be the potential issue and by 2021, even with the system, capacity will be back to or close to normal.

facebook twitter