DVC rental points...and adding on guests??

People can only push those that allow themselves to be pushed.

Text them, when "you" want them to come, not when "they" want to come.

You have the control. Do not give it to them.

4pm sounds about right to me.

We have decided to tell them that they can meet us at the Boardwalk at 4:30pm. I will have our carry on bags packed with our swimsuits...so our hope is to land on time (fingers crossed!!), get our rental car, pick up our bags, go to the grocery store, check in at hotel, eat at Beaches and Cream, swim for a while, wait for our room, hopefully shower and dress and head to dinner. We all love to swim, so I think dragging my poor son OUT of the pool will be a chore...especially given the sand area!! :)

We definitely have a dining plan, so I will let them know that the hotel is strict about no guests at pool without a reservation...sigh...

It is my husband's father, stepmother, and stepbrothers. Honestly, this is the only night we are willing to give up...even though we are celebrating our anniversary. The other nights are dinners we are not willing to change and they have no availability for any additional diners--not willing to give up Ohana, Yak and Yeti, Garden Grill, or any others for that matter. This was the compromise. We really really want to see hubby's stepbrothers...my son's uncles...so I am willing to give it up for that. Family matters...just wish we had more vacation time where we could do Disney twice...once with family and once alone with our son...haha!!

Okay, so this information changes my response. I thought you said it was friends. Since it is family who wants to come, then I think you have an obligation to spend time with them. No way would I dis family in favor of O'Hana, Yak and Yeti, or Garden Grill. Those aren't signature restaurants, so I'd probably just allow them to come whatever day works for them and change my dining plans that day.

Okay, so this information changes my response. I thought you said it was friends. Since it is family who wants to come, then I think you have an obligation to spend time with them. No way would I dis family in favor of O'Hana, Yak and Yeti, or Garden Grill. Those aren't signature restaurants, so I'd probably just allow them to come whatever day works for them and change my dining plans that day.

Thanks for the opinion...but we are sticking with our original plans. They also don't want to go into a park due to cost, so this is a good compromise all the way around!!

As for "dissing family"...when I am on vacation...and I didn't invite that person or persons to accompany me on vacation, I am not dissing you...I am simply taking my vacation as planned.

Thanks for all of the helpful opinions. We have decided to just stick with the dinner and let it go at that!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter