DVC question

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
I know I know there’s a whole forum for dvc but outside these walls scare me lol
We have a reservation our first now the kids are deciding they would like to try a couple nights at the start elsewhere . we are getting close to 7 month.
Here are my dumb questions
1. If we add on one night I can just book pretty simply I think ? But can I book the dining plan for that one night ? ( thinking time get e resort mugs etc )
2. If I decide to book at the start of my trip say the first two nights or sat one earlier night and the first night am I better to call now and split the reservation so I just modify ? Or do I just modify the morning of ?
Im literally overwhelmed with all the planing in this trip for some reason

Not sure about answer to number 2, but first question yes you can get dining plan for that separate booking at another resort.

Tammy are you a member. Makes a big difference if you are or not. If you are what is your home, and where are you thinking of going and what time of year. The dvc forum is very good and helpful, just like here. But I can answer a lot of questions for you if you dont want to venture. We are at SSR, but in March are heading to BLT and BWV.
So ask away.

Yes, easy to add a night and as long as you have 2 separate reservations, you can add dining plan for just one of them. In fact, I think that is a great way to enjoy the dining plan. IMO, a dining plan for the entire trip is just too much food. However, if you do a split stay with a day or two of the plan at the beginning, you can use the refillable mugs for the rest of the stay, and book your most expensive TS meals up front to maximize value of the plan. We just got back and did 2 nights at CBR with the dining plan, and 8 nights at Boardwalk without. It was great. We also maximized value of snack credits by using them at EPCOT on the food from Festival of Holidays.

Tammy are you a member. Makes a big difference if you are or not. If you are what is your home, and where are you thinking of going and what time of year. The dvc forum is very good and helpful, just like here. But I can answer a lot of questions for you if you dont want to venture. We are at SSR, but in March are heading to BLT and BWV.
So ask away.

Yes I bought riviera over our Easter trip . We originally booked Riviera from Sunday to the following wed am. ( we are currently booked in Tampa first two nights kids love Busch gardens )
Now the kids want to try Beach club the Saturday Sunday . Right now there is availability and we are 11 days out from 7 months.
Here’s where it gets complicated . We borrowed from the next year . If I go ahead and book the Saturday night ( prior to cancelling riviera the Sunday I will be one point short . If I wait until the next day and modify ( which will be 7 months out from the Sunday ) I will not be one point short . (Sun at beach club is less points then Sunday at riviera )
Sigh

First off, Welcome home.
So if I do my math your looking at mid,end august. So with beach club, great location and pool, is small resort. Tough to get, but the time might work for you. To secure the day that you can you can buy onetime use point for $19 from Disney and use at the 7months. It is up to you if you want to try and risk that extra day wait or not. Now if it is just for the pool then I understand, but if for location try boardwalk. Less points and same location area.

Thanks Mort
Yeah I didn’t do a lot of research went to a presentation and boom. We won’t be doing park days those days so the kids wanna try the beach club pool etc.. really I think they’d be open to anywhere those two nights ..
Weve tried Poly. (Cash stay )Just seeing what else is out there .
This will prob be one of our last big trips as my big kid prob heads to college in sept and I can’t imagine traveling solo with the 3 littles on my own :). At least with the two big kids I have extra hands off and on :)

First off, Welcome home.
So if I do my math your looking at mid,end august. So with beach club, great location and pool, is small resort. Tough to get, but the time might work for you. To secure the day that you can you can buy onetime use point for $19 from Disney and use at the 7months. It is up to you if you want to try and risk that extra day wait or not. Now if it is just for the pool then I understand, but if for location try boardwalk. Less points and same location area.

Thanks Mort
Yeah I didn’t do a lot of research went to a presentation and boom. We won’t be doing park days those days so the kids wanna try the beach club pool etc.. really I think they’d be open to anywhere those two nights ..
Weve tried Poly. (Cash stay )Just seeing what else is out there .
This will prob be one of our last big trips as my big kid prob heads to college in sept and I can’t imagine traveling solo with the 3 littles on my own :). At least with the two big kids I have extra hands off and on :)
Thats great. So maybe spring for the extra point upfront. Night time on the boardwalk is great. Ample hills creamery for ice cream and walk around. There is magicians and small entertainment there too.

Beach club is extremely difficult to get at the 7 month mark. You will have a chance right at 8 am at 7 months, but it will likely be fully booked shortly thereafter. Don't forget that if you have borrowed points, you can't return them to the original UY, so if you don't use them, you will lose them.

Hopeful for just one night :) somewhere
No huge deal as we have alternate arrangements made in Tampa and then at riviera .

Beach club is extremely difficult to get at the 7 month mark. You will have a chance right at 8 am at 7 months, but it will likely be fully booked shortly thereafter. Don't forget that if you have borrowed points, you can't return them to the original UY, so if you don't use them, you will lose them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter