DVC pool hopping?

As a DVC member, staying at a DVC resort, you are allowed to pool hop. They are suppose to check your room key which states that you are a DVC member and staying at a DVC property during that time. There are some restrictions to pool hopping during the busy season and if you go to the Disney DVC website they will let you know. Also, when staying planning to pool hop, it is advised to call ahead to the main desk at the pool you plan on hopping to and see if it is permissible.

Enjoy.

On our last trip, we hopped to 7 pools. What a blast. Was only checked twice. Once at CBR and the other at Poly when getting towels.

Use of other Walt Disney World® Resort Hotel Pools
Disney Vacation Club Members and their guests staying with them at Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's BoardWalk Villas and The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge are permitted to use other Walt Disney World® Resort and Disney Vacation Club resort hotel pools (other than the hotel at which you are staying) if these pools are not at capacity on any given day. A Walt Disney World® Resort ID card identifying you as a "DVC Member" is required to use the other pools. This offer is not available at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Please check with the front desk of the destination hotel regarding pool availability.
Hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitations. Due to the high occupancy that is expected over the Thanksgiving and end-of-year holidays (November 20- 25, 2001 and December 22, 2001- January 2, 2002*), Disney Vacation Club Members may not "pool hop" during those dates. If you are using the pool at a resort other than the one where you are staying, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate guests of that resort.

*Other restricted dates may be added based on projected pool capacity.

:smooth:

Only if you are staying at Vero Beach, it is not in the pool hopping area. In other words, if you visit for the day, you cannot use the pool, you can, however use the ocean. Or at least that is what a bunch of members were told within the last year or so.

I'm wondering if with the supposed low attendence (the reason for cutbacks in hours and services) if pool hopping over Thansgiving will be reinstated?

While staying at OKW in June, we were able to "pool hop" at VB. We did call the front desk at OKW to make sure it was permitted. The person at the front desk was unsure so she called VB to make sure it was ok and it was. We made sure to get the name of the person she spoke to at VB. When we arrived at VB we went to the front desk to let them know we were there to use the pool and were simply welcomed home.

Good luck!

Mary

Just got back last night! We pool hopped everyday last week. Every one was so nice at all of the resorts. We went up to the desk and said that we were DVC members and were wondering if it was alright to use their pool if they were not busy. They all gushed with delight to have us there and walked us right out to show us where the towels were and the beverage /snack places. It was alot of fun! My kids were on a mission to find the best water slide. When all was said and done the results were: The Polynesian #1(fastest), Yacht Club#2 (coolest), Coronado Springs#3 (Fast,Cool, good music), Boardwalk Luna Park#4 (good fun), and they liked the serpent slide at Port Orleans#5, wilderness lodge #6. We stayed at OKW, but did not use the pool, because they do not have a water slide. Maybe they will put one in someday too!

Just a couple of clarifications. It takes a resort ID with the word member on it to pool hop, a DVC membership card will not do. Also, VB has been discussed before and technically not available to pool hopping. It's good you called first and got the name of someone just in case.

Thanks for the slide review. Would have thought SAB would have rated teh top, we'll have to try the poly....

BTW, OKW members voted to not have a slide.

I hope this member priveledge remains.....

You mean your room key will have the word member on it? This enables the pool hopping? Not the DVC card?

That is correct. When you register at your DVC Resort, they will print "member" on your room card key for that length of stay. So that is why that is the acceptable ID for pool hopping.

By the way, the pool at Vero Beach is fenced, gated and locked to keep the locals out, and is only accessible with a valid room card key.

but now to add to that, you won't have member on your card unless you are staying on points. You are only allowed to hop if staying on points.

I am correct, aren't I?

At all of the resorts I displayed 3 pieces of ID; Drivers license (for picture), DVC card, and hotel card (to show that I was a current guest). The only place that actually looked at them was Polynesian when I got towels, and Wilderness Lodge, because I needed to check out a life jacket for my six year old (accidentally left it back in the room). You should always be prepared, and remember it is a priviledge not a right to use their facilities so we always need to be on our "BEST" behavior to ensure a lasting opportunity.

Originally posted by imgoingtodisney
You mean your room key will have the word member on it? This enables the pool hopping? Not the DVC card?
Your question has been answered but I though you might like a little background. Some timeshares allow members to use the facilities year round just for being a member, Marriott is a good example. DVC does not allow this and I agree with the reasons. There are still many out there that think they can pool hop just because they are a DVC member and many of these actually live in the WDW area.

At Vero beach you use to be able to use the pool if registered at a WDW DVC Resort. Is that still true?

facebook twitter