DVC point balancing 2022 vs 2021

Nothing new on the website. I wonder if they will wait...assuming they follow through with what some were told...until they put out the new 2022 chart for VGF which has to be done since they are adding the rooms.
If they introduce new booking categories for studios at VGF1.1, they might publish them shortly before they begin sales, they are not required to publish them in time to open reservations 11 months in advance.
They might publish them 5 months before opening and give one month headstart for current and new owners then open to other resorts owners. I think this is how they usually do for new resorts.

If they introduce new booking categories for studios at VGF1.1, they might publish them shortly before they begin sales, they are not required to publish them in time to open reservations 11 months in advance.
They might publish them 5 months before opening and give one month headstart for current and new owners then open to other resorts owners. I think this is how they usually do for new resorts.

Yep. Or if they end up being the same categories there will be nothing different to publish. I wouldn't expect that anything would be seen for VGF until spring at the earliest even if it is a new category.

I have a call with Yvonne on the 28th to check for an update. I do want to point out though; DVCM may decide that the points required for the highlighted weeks correctly reflect the value and may instead decide to remove the points from Sept 1-19 or other ranges (even if it adds new seasons). Like I have expressed in my opinions before; I do not believe this issue is in any way "specifically" related to Easter.

I'm curious to hear any updates. Hoping they update the charts soon.

I have a call with Yvonne on the 28th to check for an update. I do want to point out though; DVCM may decide that the points required for the highlighted weeks correctly reflect the value and may instead decide to remove the points from Sept 1-19 or other ranges (even if it adds new seasons). Like I have expressed in my opinions before; I do not believe this issue is in any way "specifically" related to Easter.

I had my call today with Yvonne; it was only a few minutes.

She indicated they are moving forward with the reductions for the 2022 point charts in the "later part of the year where there is less demand" and are working on it getting approved with legal as well as imported into the systems. A "few more weeks" was the only timeline she gave.

One additional bit of information was that they went ahead and performed calculations on 2023 point charts; she indicated there will be "savings" over what would normally have been planned (will we ever really know what it was initially?) - but the big news is she said they would be "releasing 2023 point charts significantly earlier than normal" - I imagine as a response to the whiplash this has been causing them.

I had my call today with Yvonne; it was only a few minutes.

She indicated they are moving forward with the reductions for the 2022 point charts in the "later part of the year where there is less demand" and are working on it getting approved with legal as well as imported into the systems. A "few more weeks" was the only timeline she gave.

One additional bit of information was that they went ahead and performed calculations on 2023 point charts; she indicated there will be "savings" over what would normally have been planned (will we ever really know what it was initially?) - but the big news is she said they would be "releasing 2023 point charts significantly earlier than normal" - I imagine as a response to the whiplash this has been causing them.

"Later part of the year where there is less demand" can only be a reference to September, season 1, and possibly adding to season 1 some, but not all, of the other Sep days from season 2, since late Sep to end of the year cannot be a time of "less demand," at least in the minds of any sane people.

Potentially, we do know what 2023 would have been initially. Basically, you would just be taking the existing 2022 points calendar, apply the normal movement of the three higher-point Thanksgiving days, and make the following changes: (a) move Easter to April 9, and thus put April 2 through 9 in season 7, and April 10 through 15 in season 6, as the applicable Easter weeks; (b) put all days in March through April 1 in season 6, and all days from April 16 through 30 in season 5. Then just total the points for the year. I say we "potentially" know what that calendar would have been because that is what the 7-season chart for 2023 would have been unless DVC were actually planning to make another adjustment that raises fall points even higher and makes summer and possibly some other seasons lower. However, even if that additional adjustment were intended, that allowed seasonal shift of points would not result in any increase in total points.

Last edited:

We received a “random DVC Member satisfaction survey” over the weekend. I have never given DVC a less than excellent rating before and this one was scathing specifically regarding the point charts.

I did have remorse after filling it out and sending. The removing of holding, the removing of borrowed points back to the original UY helped us during 2020 a lot. However the anger about these charts was all I could remember as I filled out the survey.

I'm going to predict new charts come out on June 9th around 3:30PM. Then the offices are all closing early for "training".

If the basis of that prediction is so they can avoid calls from members once the charts come out, then you are probably incorrect because, based on the existing practice during the last few months, they would never answer the phone anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter