DVC Member website

Planned during the morning instead of the middle of the night? Why would they do that? Wouldn't they do maintenance at 3:00a?
Umm, do you want to be up at 3 AM doing a critical set of maintenance routines while extremely tired and if you mess up could permanently delete your entire site? Hopefully you have really good hourly backups. Personally, I would rather be awake when doing the maintenance.

Looks like the Disboards site crashed again this morning. Are they outsourcing their webserver to the same company that runs Disneys?
I'm pretty sure this morning was planned....I thought I saw it posted as a notice somewhere last night that it would be down at some point this morning.
Planned during the morning instead of the middle of the night? Why would they do that? Wouldn't they do maintenance at 3:00a?
No idea but there was a notice that it would be down 10am or something like that.

The DISboards short outage was a PLANNED outage. Sorry to hear some of you missed the notice that was posted at the top of all the forums.

No more off topic posts, please. Thank you.

P.S. According to the webmasters, the long outage was due to a hack because someone's password was compromised. The good news is that did not get them into the servers etc. As a result, the DIS now requires two step verification.

Last edited:
it's been 2 weeks and the DVC vacation planning portal is still not working AT ALL??!!! Anyone else experiencing this ??

So what is the issue? Is it not loading when you search for dates, are you getting an error message, etc?
I was able to get through with DVC member services and solved the issue. There was a technical issue which the cast member corrected. Everything is working perfectly now. Thanks for your input :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter