DVC Magic Resales

I figured I'd just chime in because I am currently in the process of buying resale through DVC Magic Resales and another much larger broker (that's my impression anyway) that markets themselves as the "#1 DVC RESELLER IN THE WORLD."

I saw a VGC resale contract on DMR that I was interested in. I called late afternoon pacific time and there was no answer. So I sent an email to the site email box to ask if someone could call me to give me some information. The next day I got an email from the broker saying he'd call me after his 2 hour call was over, but were there any questions he could answer over email. He ended up just saying I should put in an offer over email if I was interested, which I did. I didn't hear anything back for a few hours so I went ahead and put in an offer through the website. The next day I still didn't have a response so I emailed to follow up. He emailed back saying the sellers were firm. I accepted and he said he'd have the written contact to me the next day with the deposit information. The next day I had the contract in my email with deposit information. I returned the contract by email and dropped the deposit in the mail. From that point on I haven't heard from him at all. All my dealings have been with the title company which for the most part has been excellent. I am (hopefully) closing this week. I never received a phone call from the broker as I had originally requested.

One night I was half heartedly looking for a BLT resale contract when I couldn't sleep. On the larger broker site I saw one that was the perfect point amount, UY, and price. I put in an offer very early in the morning pacific time through the website and eventually fell asleep. When I woke up a few hours later there was an email saying they had received my offer and would be in touch. When I got out of the shower an hour later there was an email from the broker saying the sellers had accepted my offer. I was blown away. I called the broker to ask some quetions. I called the number listed as his direct line in his signature block. He answered right away. He was extremely knowledgeable and answered all my questions quickly. I was very impressed. He said the contract and deposit information would be emailed to me a couple days later and it was by a staff member. He also said the listing would be changed to pending on their website in a few minutes. Both were spot on. I haven't interacted with the broker since. I'm only in ROFR right now so I can't comment too much on the title company other than they've provided timely updates on my status.

So my opinion after this experience? Even though my BLT resale broker interaction was much better than my DMR experience, I'm not sure it really matters. Although it was a bit more frustrating dealing with DMR, in the end it seems like the title company matters a lot more as they do most of the heavy lifting. I've read on here a few times to focus on the DVC resale brokers discussed on this board and particularly on the contract you want. Having used brokers at both ends of the spectrum I think that's great advice. These are 20+ year commitments after all. A few days dealing with brokers is a very tiny part of that. I think some frustration and hiccups for a few days may be worth it for years of something you'll enjoy, but your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
I figured I'd just chime in because I am currently in the process of buying resale through DVC Magic Resales and another much larger broker (that's my impression anyway) that markets themselves as the "#1 DVC RESELLER IN THE WORLD."

I saw a VGC resale contract on DMR that I was interested in. I called late afternoon pacific time and there was no answer. So I sent an email to the site email box to ask if someone could call me to give me some information. The next day I got an email from the broker saying he'd call me after his 2 hour call was over, but were there any questions he could answer over email. He ended up just saying I should put in an offer over email if I was interested, which I did. I'd didn't hear anything back for a few hours so I went ahead and put in an offer through the website. The next day I still didn't have a response so I emailed to follow up. He emailed back saying the sellers were firm. I accepted and he said he'd have the written contact to me the next day with the deposit information. The next day I had the contract in my email with deposit information. I returned the contract by email and dropped the deposit in the mail. From that point on I haven't heard from him at all. All my dealings have been with the title company which for the most part has been excellent. I am (hopefully) closing this week. I never received a phone call from the broker as I had originally requested.

One night I was half heartedly looking for a BLT when I couldn't sleep. On the larger broker site I saw one that was the perfect point amount, UY, and price. I put in an offer very early in the morning pacific time through the website and eventually fell asleep. When I woke up a few hours later there was an email saying they had received my offer and would be in touch. When I got out of the shower an hour later there was an email from the broker saying the sellers had accepted my offer. I was blown away. I called the broker to ask some quetions. I called the number listed as his direct line in his signature block. He answered right away. He was extremely knowledgeable and answered all my questions quickly. I was very impressed. He said the contract and deposit information would be emailed to me a couple days later and it was by a staff member. He also said the listing would be changed pending on their website in a few minutes. Both were spot on. I haven't interacted with the broker since. I'm only in ROFR right now so I can't comment too much on the title company other than they've provided timely updates on my status.

So my opinion after this experience? Even though my BLT resale broker interaction was much better than my DMR experience, I'm not sure it really matters. Although it was a bit more frustrating dealing with DMR, in the end it seems like the title company matters a lot more as they do most of the heavy lifting. I've read on here a few times to focus on the DVC resale brokers discussed on this board and particularly on the contract you want. Having used brokers at both ends of the spectrum I think that's great advice. These are 20+ year commitments after all. A few days dealing with brokers is a very tiny part of that. I think some frustration and hiccups for a few days may be worth it for years of something you'll enjoy, but your mileage may vary.

Same experience with DMR. Spotty communication. Only getting about half my emails replied to. It’s either within minutes or I’ll never hear back.

Not too concerned as we have a contract signed and the title company has processed the deposit. So I expect once I get contact from First Reliable Transfers, things will be smooth sailing.

Probably would avoid this broker in the future though. But they happened to have the exact contract I was looking for which avoided me having to buy excess points.

Not too concerned as we have a contract signed and the title company has processed the deposit. So I expect once I get contact from First Reliable Transfers, things will be smooth sailing.

I'm using First Reliable Transfers as well. I wish their upfront communication had been a bit better (contract sent for ROFR, deposit received, etc.) but the process itself has been awesome. 25 days total from submitting signed contract to DMR to receiving closing docs. (And it probably would have been even faster if I had paid deposit with credit card instead of mailing a check.) Also if you have questions Sheila's response time and knowledge is fantastic.

I'm using First Reliable Transfers as well. I wish their upfront communication had been a bit better (contract sent for ROFR, deposit received, etc.) but the process itself has been awesome. 25 days total from submitting signed contract to DMR to receiving closing docs. (And it probably would have been even faster if I had paid deposit with credit card instead of mailing a check.) Also if you have questions Sheila's response time and knowledge is fantastic.
Thanks that is good to hear. I am trying to remain patient and hoping to hear good results on ROFR soon. Time is of the essence on our contract so we can rent/transfer out some points ASAP so we are hoping everything moves fast. Now that annual dues are collected DVC should be able to handle ROFR and estoppel faster (I hope!)

I saw a VGC resale contract on DMR that I was interested in. I called late afternoon pacific time and there was no answer. So I sent an email to the site email box to ask if someone could call me to give me some information. The next day I got an email from the broker saying he'd call me after his 2 hour call was over, but were there any questions he could answer over email. He ended up just saying I should put in an offer over email if I was interested, which I did. I didn't hear anything back for a few hours so I went ahead and put in an offer through the website. The next day I still didn't have a response so I emailed to follow up. He emailed back saying the sellers were firm. I accepted and he said he'd have the written contact to me the next day with the deposit information. The next day I had the contract in my email with deposit information. I returned the contract by email and dropped the deposit in the mail. From that point on I haven't heard from him at all. All my dealings have been with the title company which for the most part has been excellent. I am (hopefully) closing this week. I never received a phone call from the broker as I had originally requested.

One night I was half heartedly looking for a BLT resale contract when I couldn't sleep. On the larger broker site I saw one that was the perfect point amount, UY, and price. I put in an offer very early in the morning pacific time through the website and eventually fell asleep. When I woke up a few hours later there was an email saying they had received my offer and would be in touch. When I got out of the shower an hour later there was an email from the broker saying the sellers had accepted my offer. I was blown away. I called the broker to ask some quetions. I called the number listed as his direct line in his signature block. He answered right away. He was extremely knowledgeable and answered all my questions quickly. I was very impressed. He said the contract and deposit information would be emailed to me a couple days later and it was by a staff member. He also said the listing would be changed to pending on their website in a few minutes. Both were spot on. I haven't interacted with the broker since. I'm only in ROFR right now so I can't comment too much on the title company other than they've provided timely updates on my status.

I understand that things worked out and everything is ok. For me, it’s a huge purchase decision and I wouldn’t work with a company that didn’t communicate well or that required me to do the follow up. My one experience with them required follow up right out of the gate and never improved. Bad way to conduct business imo

I understand that things worked out and everything is ok. For me, it’s a huge purchase decision and I wouldn’t work with a company that didn’t communicate well or that required me to do the follow up. My one experience with them required follow up right out of the gate and never improved. Bad way to conduct business imo

Don't blame you at all. At the end of the day you have to be satisfied with the transaction, if you're not happy with how things are going by all means find someone else. I was just sharing my experience as another data point for folks to consider.

I also tried contacting DMR to put in an offer and never heard back, whereas the other brokers I ended up going with were very responsive and helpful. Ultimately I decided not to keep trying with DMR since it wasn’t worth the effort when there are other great brokers, plus they had very limited listings for the UY I wanted.

Don't blame you at all. At the end of the day you have to be satisfied with the transaction, if you're not happy with how things are going by all means find someone else. I was just sharing my experience as another data point for folks to consider.
I appreciate the input! Always good to have as many examples as possible. According to the general consensus on this thread, it appears as if they are not as responsive as others. To some it matters, to others it doesn't :)

Anyone have issues getting someone from DVC Magic Resales to return your phone calls or emails lately? I'm looking at a contract for my first DVC purchase and can't get anyone to call me back or answer the phone for that matter.

Just curious because they seem to get good reviews.

I had a weird experience with DVC Magic Resales last year. I called and spoke with them. Put in an offer. Then they contacted me and said the seller was having financial difficulty. Needed time to think over the offer. I was new to resale and dvc, so agreed. Well after a few days of back and forth emails it seemed they were just trying to stall in case a better offer came along. I just got the impression they didn't actually care to sell the contract and it seemed shady. So I withdraw my offer.

I offered on another contract the next day with another company, and had an acceptance right away. Way better experience with the other company I used.

This is somewhat of a zombie thread at this point, but it does appear that they are no longer in business.

We used them when we bought back in 2012 and they were extremely responsive and helpful, so it's unfortunate to see things not work out for them.

Just closed on a contract a week or two ago that I bought through them. Communication was not great but they used First Reliable Transfers which was pretty speedy.
I was a little upset in that they did not notify me that we passed ROFR until Estoppel had finished as well. Overall I guess it was an ok experience but not at all the level of service that people have experienced with other brokers.

Last time I checked DVC Magic Resale's inventory, it appeared to match up with Vacatia, and the contract seemed to indicate some sort of partnership. So maybe they are just consolidating.

Just closed on a contract a week or two ago that I bought through them. Communication was not great but they used First Reliable Transfers which was pretty speedy.
I was a little upset in that they did not notify me that we passed ROFR until Estoppel had finished as well. Overall I guess it was an ok experience but not at all the level of service that people have experienced with other brokers.

Last time I checked DVC Magic Resale's inventory, it appeared to match up with Vacatia, and the contract seemed to indicate some sort of partnership. So maybe they are just consolidating

I think I was maybe a week ahead of you with them. Agree on all counts. I found the Vacatia references in the contract weird as well, but since it was my first one I didn't question it too much. It's even more odd because it seemed like they were updating their website last week with new listings and statuses. Oh well, that's too bad. I hope this doesn't leave any buyers/sellers holding the bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter