DVC has become my addiction!

cgodzyk

Mouseketeer
When you read about addonitis, you think "No, it can't happen to me." Then you add one more contract. Then another. (We've added 2 this year. Both direct, as we wanted to match our specific UY and didn't want to wait for the unicorn). Now, after a very memorable stay April stay at BWV, I find myself stalking resale sites, morning, noon and night. This one I am willing to wait for (since it's a 2042 resort).

Is there such a thing as too many points? - asking for a friend

Are there others who are addicted too? Is there a support group?

I’ve heard the support group is called the 1,000+ Point Club (I sure wouldn’t mind joining someday). How many DVC points do I need? More. :). Tee hee ok some people have a small amount of points and it’s perfect for them! But the majority want more if money weren’t standing in their way either due to the buy-in price or those pesky yearly maintenance fees :). Welcome Home!

We started with 1 resale contract+ a tiny direct add-on. My hubby said that would be it... for life.

2 years later, we added another contract. The following year, another... and one more the next year (which brings us to 2021 🤣). Once we see the goodness it brings, it’s hard to not go back for more. 😉😍 Now, I’m finding myself within shooting distance of the 1,000 point club & am thinking... why stop now?? 😂😂 I hope @UrsulaWantsYourSoul is right about this one 😆

Now, after a very memorable stay April stay at BWV, I find myself stalking resale sites, morning, noon and night.
Btw- this has been a huge reason for us as well. The beauty of using our points all around “the world” is that even though we love our current home resort, we really love the place we just got to visit too... but there’s a catch to that bliss! You realize it’s very hard to book if you don’t own there (aren’t they all?!)... soooo 😂

Last edited:
We jumped in the pool in early 2018 with both feet (600 direct points at CCV). Then this year added 2 more contracts. These 2 add-ons brought us to the 1,000 point club. But I find myself wanting more. And more. And more.

Every trip to WDW brings such joy to DH and me. We now have 5 grands and sharing our happy place with them is the best part of our early 50's. So adding on clearly makes sense (to me anyways!). And now I've talked myself into adding on! That was easy! 😁

We jumped in the pool in early 2018 with both feet (600 direct points at CCV). Then this year added 2 more contracts. These 2 add-ons brought us to the 1,000 point club. But I find myself wanting more. And more. And more.

Every trip to WDW brings such joy to DH and me. We now have 5 grands and sharing our happy place with them is the best part of our early 50's. So adding on clearly makes sense (to me anyways!). And now I've talked myself into adding on! That was easy! 😁
Where are your two add-ons at and where will you likely buy next? 1,000 point club- you’re living the dream. Someday!

We added 200 at VGF in January (it's our favorite resort and was where we wanted to buy initially) and then another 200 in February at the RIV because we loved the Skyliner. Now I'm thinking of adding BWV, as we love walking into Epcot (maybe just 75-125).

And as far as paying the maintenance fees, we pay a lot of our business expenses on corporate credit cards (that we pay off each month). Then I use the rebate checks to pay maintenance fees! I consider it a bonus to myself for the 30 years I put in building our company!

I now have 2 one direct one resale- I simply cannot afford anything more. I feel extremely fortunate to be able to have what I do and will not put myself in any financial hardship just because I might want somethin more. I am satisfied and very grateful for what I do have and it will have to be enough. It is so very tempting to add more and more but honestly what for? I am almost 59 years old and my oldest child and SIL are in their 30's. And my youngest in her mid 20's. They will reap more of the benefits of DVC than I ever will. These purchases was more so for them and for my grandchildren so they will always know and share my love of Disney!! :)

14 contracts? Wow! Do you do a lot of split stays? We are going to book our first split stay for March of 2022! Now that we have options!

14 contracts? Wow! Do you do a lot of split stays? We are going to book our first split stay for March of 2022! Now that we have options!
We just started - we’ll do 3 days at a MK resort and then 4 at an Epcot/HS resort so we don’t have to worry about driving or taking a bus. Ease of transportation is a higher priority than just staying put...

Last edited:
This time last year I had 0 points.

I now have 2500+

Ive never stayed DVC yet as I am from the UK and flights are banned.

I had planned for 500, then it was 1000........

I have around 18 contracts.......

I think I have a problem.......
YIKES! You Win!

I now have 2500+

If I came from that far away I'd want to stay a long time too! You sure can have amazingly ridiculous adventures with that many points! Welcome Home :-)

I now have 2500+

how do you know your going to like them?😝

or have you got them invest?

I now have 2500+

Holy crap! I hope you can get over here STAT for at least a month!

I now have 2500+

In all seriousnes, macman123 you are my favorite poster because you own how much you own. As soon as I start to feel I over purchased, I’m like nah, macman123 is beyond me :worship: Now, if I only owned an AKL contract, then I’d be done. Honest :P

I will rent a few but use the rest. I don't know Im going to like them.

But the thought of going to BLT and saying "that's the door handle I own" makes me smile...... :)
Every resort has its own special charm. You are going to make some amazing memories with the points you have amassed this year :)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter