DVC California Question...as if there hasn't been enough

Nikisha421

i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disne
:rotfl: So very excited that I was able to book February 15-February19, 2010, a studio at the Grand California (a little down that when I called on July 14th there was no availability for the 14th of Feb, but it's okay I called the next day and got the rest)..now this will be our first time on the west coast:cool1: and obviously at DL...so here are two of my questions:

1--I know there is a DP, but can you add it to your DVC ressie? Do you tell MS to do this while book? What is the cost per night?

2--Do they have a ME service or something like it? If not, how does one get from the airport (SNA) to the resort?

TIA:cloud9:

The dining plan at Disney is totally different than WDW...I believe it's like vouchers and not worth the cost. Dining is pretty easy there..there are no ADRs, everything is PS (priority seating) and you can make your PS arrangements 60 days out by calling Disney Dining. Since no one really does a dining plan, it's pretty easy to just walk up to a CS place anytime and eat..some restaraunts will certainly require PS such as Blue Bayou.

There is no ME..we usually take Super Shuttle from LAX but I'm sure they must service SNA also.
I think you will find DLR delightful! Any other questions, just ask..and the Disneyland board folks are very helpful as well.

The dining plan at Disney is totally different than WDW...I believe it's like vouchers and not worth the cost. Dining is pretty easy there..there are no ADRs, everything is PS (priority seating) and you can make your PS arrangements 60 days out by calling Disney Dining. Since no one really does a dining plan, it's pretty easy to just walk up to a CS place anytime and eat..some restaraunts will certainly require PS such as Blue Bayou.

There is no ME..we usually take Super Shuttle from LAX but I'm sure they must service SNA also.
I think you will find DLR delightful! Any other questions, just ask..and the Disneyland board folks are very helpful as well.
Thanks so much for the information...I cant believe im starting to think about DL already with a WDW vaction in just 1 day and 12.5hrs!!!!

Here is a link for the brochure for the Disneyland Express that leaves from LAX and SNA. http://graylineanaheim.com/docs/GL Anaheim DRE Brochure 2009.pdf
I used the Super Shuttle and really liked the service, I used them because our company had discount coupons. Here is a link for their website, make sure that you put in the hotel name, if you just put in a zipcode or and area the price comes up higher http://www.supershuttle.com/
Thanks a lot that was super helpful!

According to Mousesavers.com, the cost of a taxi from SNA to Disneyland should run $40 or less. So if there are 4, in your party, this will be the cheapest option. This will also be faster than either the Disneyland Express bus or a shared shuttle like SuperShuttle. Best of luck -- Suzanne

According to Mousesavers.com, the cost of a taxi from SNA to Disneyland should run $40 or less. So if there are 4, in your party, this will be the cheapest option. This will also be faster than either the Disneyland Express bus or a shared shuttle like SuperShuttle. Best of luck -- Suzanne

The costs for the cabs has gone up a bit...it would behoove the OP to call the taxi company (I googled Anaheim yellow cab once and got pretty much ALL the companies in the area) and see what the costs would be. Then verify with the cab driver before getting into the cab.

Going back to the airport can almost never be worked out with a flat rate. SNA is pretty close, but mileage, standing, and traffic delays are all charged for.

Some like the dining plan at DLR just for convenience, but it's NOT a savings unless you really really really plan, and usually you still end up paying OOP b/c you don't get change for the vouchers, so you buy more than the cost of the voucher and pay out of pocket for the extra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter