DVC Availability Checker

Thank you so much for all your hard work in creating this search tool! We are staying at Grand Californian in May and could book all the nights but our first one. Thanks to this tool I was able to book the first night of our stay tonight. The email notification option is awesome. I got the email this afternoon and had it booked this evening.

So, I just was using ******.com and it told me a lake view studio was available at BLT on March 23rd. However, when I went to book it, the online booking tool said it was not available. Went back to check ******.com and it still claims to be available.

Thank you for the tool, I just wanted to make you aware that sometimes it lies. :)

So, I just was using ******.com and it told me a lake view studio was available at BLT on March 23rd. However, when I went to book it, the online booking tool said it was not available. Went back to check ******.com and it still claims to be available.

Thank you for the tool, I just wanted to make you aware that sometimes it lies. :)

It doesn't lie, at the time that it scanned the room inventory, the room was available. It hasn't scanned again so the inventory isn't updated. From what I understand, it scans approximately every 6 hours.

:earsboy: Bill

It doesn't lie, at the time that it scanned the room inventory, the room was available. It hasn't scanned again so the inventory isn't updated. From what I understand, it scans approximately every 6 hours.

Thanks Bill, I just went back and looked, that's what that time is on each cell.

Strange thing is that it doesn't seem to have seen that room (BLT studio lake view) available on March 23 since 11/29, so if it said it was available for you, that would be a bug, not something where the app caught availability and you just didn't get onto the website fast enough. If you have an alert set up, I would be interested to know if you got an email about it.

Another HUGE thank you for creating this. Wow! I played around with it forever last night before it helped me decide to push my vacation out just a few more weeks. Saved me so much time!

This is an awesome tool. I just saw this post today!!

I can't wait to use it (and actually need it) LOL.

Strange thing is that it doesn't seem to have seen that room (BLT studio lake view) available on March 23 since 11/29, so if it said it was available for you, that would be a bug, not something where the app caught availability and you just didn't get onto the website fast enough. If you have an alert set up, I would be interested to know if you got an email about it.

Sorry I can't really remember what the email said. I get alerts almost every day for our trip but we made a choice to stay at OKW for one night. Which reminds me, I need to call MS and drop one night of treehouse. Sure wish I could do that on the website..

I love this!!!! It is awesome and really helped me add a day on to a future trip that we had previous booked on cash. Thanks so much! :cool1:

I've tried to make it clearer now when the room/date you've selected is not visible to the app. Now it will say "Unknown" for dates outside the 7-month window at non-GCAL resorts. I also put a note at the top of the page to indicate as much.

Total bummer! I was planning to use this as our trip approached! I hope you are not in too much trouble! If they gave you any reasons that you are allowed to share I am sure we would love to read them...and more curiously - how did they contact you?

Sorry, but I took your room!! I needed a 2 bedroom and was checking the DVC website 7 times a day....so a 1 bdrm must of become available during that time which allowed me to get the 2 bdrm. I Saw it and booked it immediately. The app didn't lie its just upgrades the info every 6 hours.

The app is such a great tool. Thank you!

Ps. I had to switch due to friends joining us from my booked GFV 1 br to a 2 br at the BW or blt

Happy to say I got 4 nights in the 2 bedroom within 2 weeks of canceling my GFV ressie by booking day by day and having MS link the ressie. I was on a waitlist too, but checked MS site all the time to increase my chances of getting the room. The dvc app helped too especially during the night, but the chances of getting 4 nights at the BLT, lake view during Florida's spring break was a long shot so I checked the MS website frequently and it paid off. Although the Ms site is frustrating the dvc app is superior?

I hope a new studio becomes available for you soon.

Also you can cancel your ressie online.

I don't think there was a bug. I was checking like every hour on MS site for a lake view 2 bedrm and I think I grab it just after it updated for him showing a studio was available. I just really lucked out as the room just became available. I was on the alert system too but never got the email that the 2 br became available.............. The studio probably was avail when it updated, then a 1 br became available shortly after and I just was on the ms site at the right time to combine the studio and 1 bedroom for the 2 br. It was a lock off.

You app is awesome.

Looks like Disney requested that the app be shut down.

RIP DVC checker. It was such a wonderful tool as long as it lasted. I'm so sorry to see it shut down. Now I'll have to go back to checking for my April BWV studio 10 times a day.

There is absolutely no reason why Disney couldn't provide their members the same ability to check room availability, except general IT incompetence.

I very much appreciated the ability to

1) check ALL availability at a particular resort (instead of checking room type by room type);
2) look for any 2BR's on property.

I would love to contact the exact person who requested the shutdown. They need to hear from us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter