• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC and annual passes

That's a real kick in the teeth for those who bought a fixed week and their AP is now blocked out that week or might get to that point in the future.
That's just wrong.

I wonder if Disney will start blocking out more holidays in the years to come? I imagine it might be tempting to do so where they see demand.

Well, it’s only DL passes so far, and the top one blocks just Xmas week..other holidays are still open.

But, yeah, I’m sure it will be frustrating to those who do visit during that time to have to go with multi day tickets for that specific trip

That's a real kick in the teeth for those who bought a fixed week and their AP is now blocked out that week or might get to that point in the future.
That's just wrong.

I wonder if Disney will start blocking out more holidays in the years to come? I imagine it might be tempting to do so where they see demand.
Well, only if they own more weeks/points than that one week. If that’s the only week they own, they would likely buy regular tix anyway.

Well, it’s only DL passes so far, and the top one blocks just Xmas week..other holidays are still open.

But, yeah, I’m sure it will be frustrating to those who do visit during that time to have to go with multi day tickets for that specific trip
I chose to cancel my Christmas reservation at VGC ... but my next choice was "keep the reservation, enjoy the hotel decorations and spend money at off-site restaurants." Essentially, we would have dug in our heels and doubled down on the "unfavorable attendance mix" by taking up hotel space and not generating a single buck for Disney.

But ... as that wouldn't have been "joyous" to us ... we simply cancelled and moved on. It wasn't worth the struggle.

Well, only if they own more weeks/points than that one week. If that’s the only week they own, they would likely buy regular tix anyway.

Probably but they might even be a local, or visit multiple times a year staying other places in the area or onsite hotels.

Many if not most DVC owners likely run out of points and do other stays (I'm looking at me). Even a US stay or Spring Break beach stay flying through MCO would likely get a day or 2 to WDW with an AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter