DTD - now that hotel construction has been abandoned

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by sherilaine, Jan 10, 2019.

1. BrianL

BrianL Doom Buggy Driver

Well, as long as Earl is back and stays back, then I'm happy! They can rework the rest of it, but Earl stays.

2. SOCALMouseMommy

SOCALMouseMommy DIS Veteran

I agree and when we stayed at the DLH in November they had a nice variety of musicians playing (I remember one really talented man outside Naples). It was hopping when we were there. Although I do miss RFC for my son. I’d like it if they would put in a T-Rex Cafe like at Disney Springs!

3. ash-n-brensmom

ash-n-brensmom DIS Veteran

Thanks for this thread! You guys have me excited to go to DTD on arrival day now. I was going to "burn" a ticket day with a late arrival plan, but now I'm going to take a few hours to enjoy DTD and it's updates. Thanks again!

4. sherilaine

sherilaine DIS Veteran

We've been tempted to do the same thing - the only time we ever went on arrival day was our very first trip, and regretted doing so, and when we had APs a few years back. Our last two trips though we have made dinner reservations in DTD and just enjoyed the atmosphere, went shopping in the World of Disney and got nice and excited for heading to the parks for magic morning the next day. We also were able to get to bed at a decent time to be well rested for an early morning.

It's a great approach I think.