DS doesn't want to be Peter Pan

My DS (9) would never in a million years dress up like Peter Pan. DD is 3, and I wish DS and her would pick matching costumes , but I know thats never going to happen.

She always wants to be some kind of Princess and I can almost bet the bank, he will never dress as her prince. :lmao:

Let him be what he wants. They are little for such a short period of time.

I agree with the concensus here: let him be who he wants to be.

Big picture: you have to look at who this trip is about. If you're trying to give your kids memories they'll always treasure, then him being mortified about a costume he hates probably isn't what you're shooting for.

but I so want him to dress up as Peter Pan to play against our baby who I want to be Tinkerbell.

He's 8 and she'll be 9 months old. He wants to be Anakin Skywalker. I told him he could dress up for the day at MGM, but do MNSSHP as Peter Pan, but he just does not want to.

Any ideas on how I can talk him into it? Maybe a flat-out bribe to be spent at Lego store in DTD?

Easy. Tell him that Peter Pan is a picture necessity and that he only has to wear it long enought to get the picture then he can throw an anakin robe over the costume and clip on a braid and carry his lightsaber. You just have to be willing to buy two costumes.

Another vote for having your daughter as Yoda! Ds went as Yoda for Halloween last year & everyone thought he was just too cute. Of course, it helped that DH was Darth Vader & I was Leia......

My only thing about that particular pairing is that...wasn't Tinkerbell kind of in love with Peter Pan? I mean, they weren't siblings.

I do admit I tend to think too much into "light" things, but I don't think I could have siblings dress up as a pair that is anything but friends or siblings. Or Anakin and Yoda, something like that.

I would worry if my son wanted to be Peter Pan at that age. :lmao:

But, you could blackmail him at 16 by threatening to show his dates the pictures! :rotfl:

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

doing almost the same thing. DS 1 as Peter Pan, talked DD 11 into Tink (she didn't like the idea @ first but after seeing the costume got into it) DS 8 refused to be Captain Hook and wants to be Anakin.The look on his face was priceless. :lmao: He would not have been less offended than if I had told him to jump off a bridge. I told him if he dressed as a "pirate":rolleyes1 (did get him just a regular pirate costume) for MNSSHP then he could be Anakin @ halloween. Worked great but I did buy two costumes for him. (bringing the Star Wars just in case.)pirate: pirate:

I agree! If you're willing to buy 2 costumes, I'm sure he'd be willing to dress up as Peter Pan just for a few pictures, and THEN he can be Anakin at the parks. I think that would be a fair trade and remind him how happy it would make his mommy :yay:

My DH dressed up as Peter Pan when my DD was Tink.:rolleyes1 My DS was Captain Hook. He wore the tights and everything and went trick or treating around the neighborhood dressed up as well.:woohoo: In fact we all dress up. Yeah, dorky I guess but we have such a good time! We love Halloween! You should see the POTC display we are putting up this year! (But that's a whole different thread!:upsidedow ) Anyway- maybe make your DD Princess Leia?

but I so want him to dress up as Peter Pan to play against our baby who I want to be Tinkerbell.

He's 8 and she'll be 9 months old. He wants to be Anakin Skywalker. I told him he could dress up for the day at MGM, but do MNSSHP as Peter Pan, but he just does not want to.

Any ideas on how I can talk him into it? Maybe a flat-out bribe to be spent at Lego store in DTD?

I had to read this post to my son, because for many many years, I've threatened to make him dress up as Peter Pan when we go to Disney (he's 15 now). He is laughing right now, and saying, "Forget it!" I know that there are Peter Pan outfits out there now that don't involve tights (thank goodness!!!) but I think it would be hard to find many boys that age who wouldn't be totally humiliated to go as Peter Pan! If he loved Peter Pan, that would be a different story!

I totally understand wanting to the theme thing. It would be very cute. It is Halloween though and children should be able to dress up as their current "hero." We're doing the Star Wars thing too this year. Ours will be the older characters though....Ds 5 wants to be Luke, Ds 3 wants to be Yoda so dd1 will be Princess Leia. :goodvibes Ds 5 wants me to be Amidala but whew that'd be askin' a lot of that tight costume.:rotfl: So we'll see. Don't want to REALLY scare the kiddos in the neighborhood.
If you are really set on Tink for your dd though, why don't you go as Peter? I bought DD the cutest Snow White costume last year (but the boys were Batman and Robin- just couldn't talk em in to being a dwarves ;) ) so anyway, I went as the Evil Queen. We got tons of compliments!
Whatever you do, have fun!

Please! My DS3 doesn't want to be Peter Pan either. Ha has no choice though as his sister is being Tink and I already bought the costume. He liked it when he tried it on though. He really wanted to be Captain Hook instead, but it's going to be hot October 4th at MNSSHP. Good luck convincing him. I agree the idea is cute.

My DS 2.5y won't dress as PP either...so sad as I got the costume already! Oh well....at least he still likes his pooh and tigger costumes! I don't think it's the idea of tights...he just hates Captain Hook and doesn't want anything to do with the whole story line...he pretty much freaked out when I asked if he wanted to take a photo with Hook and Smee at the pirate and princess party this past monday!

There is a really cute baby Princess Leia costume that I've seen. I'd go with that, although I know where you're coming from. DS is going to be Peter Pan (he's 3 and it's his choice), and DD will be Tinkerbell. I told him him he could choose, and I'd dress her to go along with him. My only fear is that when he sees the Buzz costume he'll change his mind. I guess then DD will have to be Jesse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter