Drowning at POP Century

My apologies if this has already been posted, but it's an important read for anyone who ever goes near pools, especially lifeguards and parents. Like others have said, drowning is silent and happens quickly. It's important for everyone to understand that it's not arms flailing and yelling. I highly recommend this article for everyone to read. I share it every spring with everyone I know, and I've heard of a few instances that reading it has actually potentially helped save a life.

http://mariovittone.com/2010/05/154/

mjperry said:
So it was not at the Pop Century Resort?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It was at Pop Century. The page says the Walt Disney Pop Culture Resort. I guess I'm just too leery about those type of things.

My apologies if this has already been posted, but it's an important read for anyone who ever goes near pools, especially lifeguards and parents. Like others have said, drowning is silent and happens quickly. It's important for everyone to understand that it's not arms flailing and yelling. I highly recommend this article for everyone to read. I share it every spring with everyone I know, and I've heard of a few instances that reading it has actually potentially helped save a life.

http://mariovittone.com/2010/05/154/

thank you for the link. it was educational...i had no idea what a drowning person would act like. just reading the "signs of drowning" is alarming.

my heart goes out to friends and family of the drowning victim. :(

I live in Central Florida, and my local news just reported that this poor boy did pass away. They didn't give details, except about it happening at PC.

Edit - I actually looked at their website for more info, and he died Tuesday morning; I don't know why they're just reporting it this morning. They advise that the Sheriff's office is still investigating, no other details are available.

This boys drowning makes me hyper vigilant even while I am watching my own children at swim lessons. I had to talk to one of my sons classmates about putting my sons head under the water. I hope I scared the boy. Even under the best circumstances people can drown. Medical problems, heat exhaustion, swallow too much water, being over tired- the list goes on.

I am so thankful my kids are in swim lessons but it doesn't give me a free pass not to pay attention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter