Drowning?? Arts of animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom to minnie&mickey

DIS Veteran
About an hour ago medics took away a lifeless little boy from the pool. We were there and it did not look good. Prayers needed! Do not know if he survived, pool is now closed.

About an hour ago medics took away a lifeless little boy from the pool. We were there and it did not look good. Prayers needed! Do not know if he survived, pool is now closed.
Ack, that's so unfortunate. Hopefully everything turns out ok. Are there no lifeguards at AoA?

There were plenty of lifeguards - 2 at the Cars quiet pool alone - when we were there last August. They were also *very* vigilant & came down hard on kids engaged in horseplay etc.

But those pools, especially the big blue pool are insanely crowded. I hated taking the kids down there because I would come back with a stress headache from trying to monitor all 3 at once!

Hmmm....

I know there was a drowning at Pop a couple of years ago, and since then I was under the impression that there are lifeguards at all resort pools. We stayed at the Pop earlier this summer. My husband and I are both lifeguards and were extremely impressed with the active guarding at the pools while we were there. There were four on duty at all times and they were well-organized and attentive. I assume the same would hold true at AofA. I would guess that if this story it true, the result is due to a seizure or other type of medical emergency that happened while the child was in the pool. I sincerely hope the boy is ok.

I hope there can be a happy end to this story.
No matter how perfectly we watch, everybody has looked away or been distracted for 30 seconds before. You have to assume the caregiver had another child or something unusual happened at just the wrong time before trying to blame somebody.

There were plenty of lifeguards - 2 at the Cars quiet pool alone - when we were there last August. They were also *very* vigilant & came down hard on kids engaged in horseplay etc.

But those pools, especially the big blue pool are insanely crowded. I hated taking the kids down there because I would come back with a stress headache from trying to monitor all 3 at once!

I agree. It's hard to keep track of your kids in the big blue pool.
Lifeguards have always been phenomenal at every Disney pool we've been to though.
Prayers to all involved.

A 7-year-old child drowned Tuesday in a pool at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The child was found shortly after 8 p.m. The child was pronounced dead at a hospital, deputies said.

According to deputies, the child visiting from out-of-town was somehow separated from his parents. After a search, the child was found underwater.

Other details were not immediately available.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...animation-drowning-disney-20150714-story.html

But it would be a nice change if people could refrain from assigning blame, or speculating on exactly what happened, until more facts are known.
We probably know as much as we're ever going to find out.

Prayers and condolences to the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter