Drowning?? Arts of animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest update on this tragedy comes from WESH TV in Orlando who are reporting that the child is a three year old (not 7 as earlier reported in the Sentinel) who was from New York.

http://m.wesh.com/news/toddler-drow...art-of-animation-resort-deputies-say/34171288

My heart breaks for all involved, the family & loved ones of the child, those who were lifeguarding & those who witnessed the incident... may they all find what they need to see them through.

Prayers going up tonight for all needing strength & comfort at this very difficult time.

What a nightmare. Things can change in the blink of an eye. Prayers to his family.

So sad...... :worried:

Prayers and hugs for the family. Thoughts and prayers also with the Lifeguards and first responders.

Last edited:

This is so incredibly sad. My heart goes out to this family who just suffered such a tragic loss

Absolutely heartbreaking... Prayers for all those involved, from the family of the boy to the first responders.

I feel bad for everyone involved. Obviously my deepest condolences to the family. It doesn't matter who's fault it was, it doesn't change the fact that a sweet child is gone. I'd like to point out that the lifeguards here appear to be very alert and this happened in the side of the pool where the lifeguard is constantly looking and moving.

This is probably the most tragic event I've witnessed. My children, four and one, didn't know what was going on. I just feel so bad that while my children were running through the splash pad there was a family losing a member. So heart breaking.

Just hug your loved ones, you don't know if/when something like this could happen.

We stayed at AoA last summer and I remember thinking how vigilant the life guards were at all the pools, even the Cars pool. I remember watching them make their "rounds" and how much must have been required of them compared to the pool life guards I was used to at home. However, the Big Blue pool was always so busy, and drowning does not look like the movies, so obviously the worst can happen. I feel so heartbroken for this child's family. :(

I rescued a child once from
drowning at Disney. It was probably 2011. Fort wilderness campground little pool.

I watched a little 2/3 year old boy walk right down the stairs and take that last step and under he went. All you could see was the top of his head bobbing up and down. It took me a split second to realize I was the only person who saw this kid. I swam about 10-15 feet and pulled him up. He was probably under water maybe 8 seconds. (Felt like an eternity) I took him up the steps to his grandmother who had just realized what happened. I was shaking. She was a mess. It was probably one of the most intense moments of my life and it lasted the span of less than a minute.

I really dwelled for months. How fast it happened. How I just happened to be looking at him as he went in. Had I not seen him step in I might not have thought twice about seeing a little bobbing figure under the water.

In the blink of an eye....

Terrible tragedy.

drowning at Disney. It was probably 2011. Fort wilderness campground little pool.

I watched a little 2/3 year old boy walk right down the stairs and take that last step and under he went. All you could see was the top of his head bobbing up and down. It took me a split second to realize I was the only person who saw this kid. I swam about 10-15 feet and pulled him up. He was probably under water maybe 8 seconds. (Felt like an eternity) I took him up the steps to his grandmother who had just realized what happened. I was shaking. She was a mess. It was probably one of the most intense moments of my life and it lasted the span of less than a minute.

I really dwelled for months. How fast it happened. How I just happened to be looking at him as he went in. Had I not seen him step in I might not have thought twice about seeing a little bobbing figure under the water.

Terrible tragedy.

You were that kid's angel that day. The right moment and the right timing.
:worried::sad:So sad about tonight's baby.

This is so sad. No matter who was a fault a child lost his life last not and that is horrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and may he Rest In Peace.

Terrible tragedy.

Wow, that is heavy and thank God you were there!! I can see how this will affect a person.. I also had to jump in to help my daughter and friend. They were playing on a surfboard ( with a damn, stupid string I have since cut off), both got tangled in the cord ( around the necks) and were basically strangeling each other in the water in panic as both kept pulling in opposite directions... Horrible moment realizing they weren't playing. I was a private pool, both could swim, but in this panic I kept thinking weeks after what if I had not been there.

Prayers for this family... they will need it.

:sad:What a horrific reminder of how easily and quickly things can go so terribly wrong.
I feel heartbroken for this family.

How terrible sad. I never learned to swim well and so the one thing that terrifies me is water and kids. You just never know. I have always seen the lifeguards watch carefully at the pools in WDW and never took m eyes off of my DGD, but still thank the Good Lord that nothing happened on my watch.

We went to a water park near our home one time, and becasue the pools were so large we never went again, I just could not get comfortable. THe pools in WDW are huge, and there is always so much commotion during the Summer months that accidents can easily occur. My heart hurts for everyone involved in this tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter