Drone was flying at Art of Animation

If a drone is "launched" from off property...it 110% legal to fly anywhere over disney property.
Many (most?) drones have gps sensors that won't allow them to fly into a no-fly zone. I live in Winter Garden ~2 miles from the MK castle and drones will not fly over my house because of this.

I just looked at a map and I can't see where any part of Winter Garden is even close to being two-mile from MK, it looks to be about 4 miles from the map I'm looking at.

I just looked at a map and I can't see where any part of Winter Garden is even close to being two-mile from MK, it looks to be about 4 miles from the map I'm looking at.
Take a look at Reams Rd. From the back of the MK, follow it to the North West until it meets Fiquette and Summerlake Park Blvd. Off of that road you'll find tons of new homes that are within the 2 mile radius. That's all considered Winter Garden by the post office.

Take a look at Reams Rd. From the back of the MK, follow it to the North West until it meets Fiquette and Summerlake Park Blvd. Off of that road you'll find tons of new homes that are within the 2 mile radius. That's all considered Winter Garden by the post office.
What the post considers a city is very different than the city limits in many cases. I looked at the map of the city limits when measuring the distances. That city is 1 of the most cut up ones I've ever seen. The laws for annexation in Florida must be really strange to allow blocks that are not part of the city to exist in area surrounded by the city.

What the post considers a city is very different than the city limits in many cases. I looked at the map of the city limits when measuring the distances. That city is 1 of the most cut up ones I've ever seen. The laws for annexation in Florida must be really strange to allow blocks that are not part of the city to exist in area surrounded by the city.
People that live in nicer cities always claim their city regardless of what the post office says. People in "lesser" cities always go by the post office if it is a nicer city ;). Around here huge chucks of Oklahoma City are served by the Edmond post office and everyone in those parts claim they live in Edmond. Builders even advertise "OKC Utilities, Edmond Address!" It amazes me how many people think they actually live in the wrong city.

Not saying that is what OKW Lover is doing ;).

Without splitting hairs...I think the question about homes within a 2 mile radius of the MK for drone purposes doesn't matter if its "officially in Winter Garden".

Without splitting hairs...I think the question about homes within a 2 mile radius of the MK for drone purposes doesn't matter if its "officially in Winter Garden".
This whole thing about city boundaries reminds me of the haphazard situation of postal addresses here in the UK, which often has villages and small towns not matching up with their political and historical county boundaries. For example, Denham in Buckinghamshire has an Uxbridge address and postcode (UB9), and because counties were previously mandatory in postal addresses, people had to write Middlesex as their county, despite Denham being part of Buckinghamshire. The issue gets more contentious in the Roses, especially in Yorkshire, because the smaller villages that lie within the postal boundaries of each county often results in one village ending up with a postal address that associates it with a postal town that's in Lancashire, and given the history Yorkshire and Lancashire had, that can rile up residents that have affinity towards the White Rose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter