Driving to Miami - tools and port questions

su_A_ve

DIS Veteran
29 days away and finally looking into this. I realized that I will more than likely end up taking part of the FL TPK.

I will not get a SunPass - Need to pay $5 (for the mini) and then deposit $10 on top of it and maintain that. So the other option is toll-by-plate. But do I need to pre register to avoid the administrative fees? Does that require a deposit like SunPass?

The other question is the port. Is the parking at the port in a garage? And is then walking distance to the Wonder or you have to take a shuttle?

TIA.

For the tolling question, we have toll-by-plate here in NC (fairly new) but they don't charge an admin fee over the toll - they just send people random $0.36 toll bills that jump up to $6.36 and then $36.36 if you don't pay them quickly enough. :rolleyes2 NCDot also discounts the traponde-based tolls by quite a bit over the billed tolls, and the pass is free - give them $20 to put on the account, and they give you the transponder sticker. Everyone around here complains, but it sounds like a much more driver-friendly system than FDOT!

Anyway - I checked the Turnpike website and found this: http://www.floridasturnpike.com/all-electronictolling/ESP/PayingAToll.cfm?PersonalVehicle

It looks like - in-state or out-of-state - you'll want to pre-register if you want to avoid the administrative fee.

For the tolling question, we have toll-by-plate here in NC (fairly new) but they don't charge an admin fee over the toll - they just send people random $0.36 toll bills that jump up to $6.36 and then $36.36 if you don't pay them quickly enough. :rolleyes2 NCDot also discounts the traponde-based tolls by quite a bit over the billed tolls, and the pass is free - give them $20 to put on the account, and they give you the transponder sticker. Everyone around here complains, but it sounds like a much more driver-friendly system than FDOT!

Anyway - I checked the Turnpike website and found this: http://www.floridasturnpike.com/all-electronictolling/ESP/PayingAToll.cfm?PersonalVehicle

It looks like - in-state or out-of-state - you'll want to pre-register if you want to avoid the administrative fee.

From NJ and have easypass... Found a phone number so will call them tomorrow, but it seems that I still have to deposit a minimum of $10. I calculated my tolls in FL to be about $8 or less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!