Driving from New York - Westchester County

diskids2

<font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag
Ok this time my family would like to drive. I think they are way off base (so you see I am a skeptic), but am willing to give it a try. Based on what time we will be leaving, we should have about 7 hours of driving time under our belts. Any good suggestions for an overnight hotel?

Any other driving suggestions from this part of the country would be welcome as well.

Thanks!

Ok we're in the same situation, leaving Syracuse NY around 4pm on Thurs.,4/10. Would like to get at least 7 hoours under our belts. Lets hear some suggestions for a place to stay overnight.

To both posters, try www.usastar.com and go to the I-95 page. lots of info there. We like to stay at the Best Western at Kings Dominion amusment park in the winter when the park is closed (Ashland Va just before Richmond), great "snowbird " specials. Its about 8 1/2 hours for us, maybe a little longer from Syracuse, less from Weschester. 7 Hours from Syracuse is MD, WV, Winchester Va area on I-81.Lots of motels there.( If your going by way of US-17 to avoid DC area.)

As for driving tips from New York, take 295 around Richmond and Jacksonville, don't be afraid to stop at South of the Boarder(some love it, some hate it) and if it starts snowing south of Pa, get the heck off the roads, those people are nuts in the snow!!!!

Hi Diskids2,

Hey neighbor, we're in Pelham. We drove one year, south to Ft Lauderdale and north from Orlando. We were 3 drivers and did it straight through Hurricane David. uuuggghhh. It took us 18 hours and let me tell you that we are all good car travelers. We're used to driving 9 hours to get to Toronto to visit the inlaws, one year it was once a month. My point is the kids are used to it but, of course you were expecting a but:smooth: , the constant rain was horrific and I have now vowed I will never, NEVER drive again. If the rest of the family goes they can pick me up at the airport or I'll be waiting for them around the pool:sunny: Even taking two days to get down just isn't my cup of tea. I'd rather do connecting flights to get a cheaper airfare than drive, jmho.:)

But, another but,;) if that is the only way for me to get to WDW the most magical place on earth then I would walk if I had to.:cool: :bounce:

Hope this helped:jester:

TTFN

jetsetter90

How funny - fellow Pelhamer! That is how I feel, but am willing to give it the one time try. By the way, I went to Pelham High School, so I am very familiar with the area. Have a nice trip when you go and thanks for the travel info!

Thanks everyone for the travel info! I will check out that website as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter