Driving Down South?

Disney Ontario

Ontario Disney
We are planning on driving down, the second week in March. Does anyone know of any neat stops on the way? We are going down I-75 and are probably spending one night in or around Kentucky.We got to give dad(my husband) a driving break. Ps. We all love Nascar, Scrapbooking and discount shopping. :jumping4:

I can't really give you any good tips since it has been 10 years since we drove down. However, for our upcoming trip, we have found Dave Hunters book "Along the I75" to be full of info. A book with more than just maps...lots of details about what is at each exit, and lots of historical information about things too. He talks about what to do when you want to take a break...check it out.

I will second looking at Dave Hunter's Along the I-75 book. It's great as it has what's available at each exit from Detroit all the way to the Florida border.

We Love This Book Too. Make Sure When You Get To The Florida Border That You Stop At The Official Welcome Center Of Florida. When You Get Inside, Go To The Back Corner, To The Counter Where They Answer Any Questions You May Have. Ask Them To Sign Dave's Book. He Has A Log Book That Records People That Have Used His Book. Kind Of Neat. The Only Bad Thing About Using The Book, When You Get To Florida You're On Your Own, Until The Way Back Home. And It's A Long 4 Hours Until Orlando.....boring!!!!! As For You Loving Nascar....we're Going 1-77 This Time So We Can Stop In North Carolina To Tour Dei And Other Shops...i'll Let You Know. We'll Be At Dei On Friday Jan 28/05. We'll Be Back After Feb12/05 Watch For My Post Or I'll Pm You!
Jan30/05- 7 Day Land(cbr) & Sea(disney Wonder)
2004- Fort Wilderness
1981-off Property

:flower: Thanks everyone for your responce. Yes I have got the newest 2005 book. Last drive down we had an older edition of it.My husband likes CAA map. I love the Hunter one. Its read all the way down. :flower:

In 2003 we just used the Map from Dave Hunter's book and then a CAA triptick for the drive home 95/77/79. I really found the drive a fun adventure and not too daunting at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter