Drinking age in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, just buy your daughter the wine and give it to her. There will not be a cop there demanding ID. If she is 19, she looks close enough to 21.

seriously you are telling an INTERNATIONAL visitor to break local law?!

the server has every right to demand ID of EVERYONE drinking, regardless of who bough the wine.

so not worth the possibility of being deported unceremoniously in the middle of one's Holiday.

don't panic - there is no way I going to break any law- thats why I asked.

The 2 drinks thing is interesting- does that mean that unless more than 2 eating are above 21 you cannot order a bottle of wine as it has more than 2 glasses per adult.:confused3. It's no wonder there are so many bottles of california wine in my local supermarket :rotfl2:

don't panic - there is no way I going to break any law- thats why I asked.

The 2 drinks thing is interesting- does that mean that unless more than 2 eating are above 21 you cannot order a bottle of wine as it has more than 2 glasses per adult.:confused3. It's no wonder there are so many bottles of california wine in my local supermarket :rotfl2:

think we all realized that you had made your decision and DD will just have to beg to come back next year when she CAN drink hehehh.

I THINK..and I may be wrong cuz there is just the 2 of us and we are both waaaaayyyyy over 21 that the 2 drink limit is 'at a time' and pertains more to cocktails rather than bottles of tasty fermented grape juice.

so a party that consists of 2 legal adult and 2 underaged can only buy 2 drinks at a time, to prevent ..sharing. 'sides who wants a watered down margarita anyway.. by the time you finish the first one, the second will be all gross and weak.

I know I have purchased bottles before when there have been underaged kids at the table.. course they only brought out glasses for the old fogies heheheh

seriously you are telling an INTERNATIONAL visitor to break local law?!

the server has every right to demand ID of EVERYONE drinking, regardless of who bough the wine.

so not worth the possibility of being deported unceremoniously in the middle of one's Holiday.

OMG, drama queen much? Nothing is going to result from a parent buying their almost adult child an alcoholic beverage at WDW. Unless they are going around screaming they are underage, no one is going to think twice.

I know that under 21's cannot buy alcohol in the US. But is it OK for an adult to give them a drink if they buy it. My DD will be 19 and although she doesn't drink much she does enjoy the odd glass of wine with a special meal. I know that in some countries the age for adults to give alcohol to teens is diff than the age they can buy it for themselves, what is the possition in the US, as I do not want to do anything wrong.

21:thumbsup2

OMG, drama queen much? Nothing is going to result from a parent buying their almost adult child an alcoholic beverage at WDW. Unless they are going around screaming they are underage, no one is going to think twice.

They can ask who the person is buying the drink for and require ID for the other person.

Though the OP said they would not do this, it simply would not be worth the consequences if they DID get caught.

I was also under the impression that these boards DO NOT permit 'advice' on rule/law breaking.

I also follow the local laws of wherever I visit, whether or not I agree with them or they are similar to my country's. When in Rome( or orlando...)

you do NOT wanna know what Japan does to people who break their drinking laws. not even military personnel with SOFA status are immune.

its attitudes like this that make it much harder for everyone else. and you DO NOT know what will or will not happen. maybe the OPs daughter is adult enough to handle a single glass of wine. but somebody else comes along, reads this and decides.,. yeehaw, time to get drunk in Mouse Town cuz some random dude sez it's okay for me to cooerce Mom unto running a bar tab. Hey, I'm 20 and almost an Adult!

and then they fondle some 12 year old in the pool.

I was also under the impression that these boards DO NOT permit 'advice' on rule/law breaking.

I also follow the local laws of wherever I visit, whether or not I agree with them or they are similar to my country's. When in Rome( or orlando...)

you do NOT wanna know what Japan does to people who break their drinking laws. not even military personnel with SOFA status are immune.

its attitudes like this that make it much harder for everyone else. and you DO NOT know what will or will not happen. maybe the OPs daughter is adult enough to handle a single glass of wine. but somebody else comes along, reads this and decides.,. yeehaw, time to get drunk in Mouse Town cuz some random dude sez it's okay for me to cooerce Mom unto running a bar tab. Hey, I'm 20 and almost an Adult!

and then they fondle some 12 year old in the pool

Ok, I don't think you can honestly post and expect to be taken seriously after that leap.

I don't really care what the OP does. I was just letting her know, that it would probably never be remarked upon if she did decide to buy her almost adult child a drink.

Ok, I don't think you can honestly post and expect to be taken seriously after that leap.

tell that to the 19 year old( well he's closer to 26 now) doing 15 years in a Japanese prison after daddy did exactly that.. supplied Junior with beer at a party and he tried to get into a 12 year old Japanese girl's panties.

Junior is spending quality time in the Japanese penal system, daddy got busted outta the Navy..lost his retirement and everything. oh and the Missus divorced him. I still email her on occasion.

under no circumstances will i EVER advise or condone anyone who does so the breaking of legal law..anywhere. I may not agree with the law, I may think it's stupid or that nothing truly terrible will happen if they do break it. all it takes is for somebody somewhere to decide to make an example out of the next scofflaw.

How willing are YOU to be the one who gets to pay the price?

tell that to the 19 year old( well he's closer to 26 now) doing 15 years in a Japanese prison after daddy did exactly that.. supplied Junior with beer at a party and he tried to get into a 12 year old Japanese girl's panties.

Junior is spending quality time in the Japanese penal system, daddy got busted outta the Navy..lost his retirement and everything. oh and the Missus divorced him. I still email her on occasion.

under no circumstances will i EVER advise or condone anyone who does so the breaking of legal law..anywhere. I may not agree with the law, I may think it's stupid or that nothing truly terrible will happen if they do break it. all it takes is for somebody somewhere to decide to make an example out of the next scofflaw.

How willing are YOU to be the one who gets to pay the price?

I doubt this person would have been much of a model citizen at 21 if this is how he behaved at 19.

If I were in the OP's position I wouldn't allow my 19 yo to drink in a restaurant because it is likely someone would notice. However, I might just buy something at one of the stands in WS and let her have it as we walked around.

21 to drink is NOT the hardfast law in all states in the US.

Some states allow children/spouses to drink under the age of 21 if their legal guardian is with them and purchasing the drinks. This includes restaurants and other purblic spaces NOT just homes.

Military bases also allow soldiers 18 years of age to purchase and consume alcohol.

However Florida does NOT allow this. You must be 21 to purchase and consume alcohol.

Bolded is not true. Believe me, I know. And it's my wife's job to know.

I'll be the same age as your daughter when we go too. I enjoy the occasional Pina Colada or Mimosa as well. In the state where I'm from, if your parents directly hand you an alcoholic beverage, it is legal to drink. However and unfortunately, legally in FLORIDA it is illegal to drink under 21, regardless of parents, etc. :confused3 :headache:

The question as it pertains to Disney Restaurants or Trip Planning has been answered and this is veering WAY off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter