"Dress Up Night" Gone from 3-night cruise?

riggins

You can't always get what you want, but if you try
Hi guys-
We just got off the 4/10 3-night on the Wonder yesterday. I was surprised on Saturday to see that the Navigator showed "Evening Attire: Cruise Casual" instead of the normal "Dress Up Night." I thought maybe it was a typo, so I picked up another Navigator later in the day and it said the same thing. (I saved them and will submit them to be posted in a day or two).

A lot of the passengers were dressed up and Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy were out taking pictures in their formal wear. Does anyone know if this has changed? Our last 3-night was in August, but I checked some more recent Navigators before we left and I think they all showed "Dress Up Night" too.

Thanks
Leslie

Isn't that interesting. There was still a dress-up night back in March. I wonder if DCL decided that with a 3-night cruise, suggesting dress-up was more than casual cruisers wanted to trouble themselves with?

I noted back then that "dress-up" is a term that could be interpreted many different ways. I just felt like "dress-up" made passengers part of the overall "show experience," making the ambience on board just a little more special for everyone.

For me - it's all good. Even if I had to wear a suit of armor, I'd just be pleased to be on board.

We sailed the Wonder on the April 3rd - 6th three day and the Navigators listed our third night's evening attire as dress up night...

I sure hope there's still a dress-up night as our family intends to dress up really nice for pictures on the third night! :goodvibes

following on from this - we are sailing on the 3 nighter in May, and DS has just bought a really nice pair of khaki linen trousers and a cream short sleeved linen shirt - I think the outfit would probably be smart enough (as I know the 3 nighter doesn't usually end up being as formal as the 7 night from what I have read here before) - but my question is, when he was trying the outfit on, he teamed them with a pair of cream flip flops - he looked really nice and summery but I wondered whether these would be a no-no??? :confused3

thanks for your advice!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I sure hope there's still a dress-up night as our family intends to dress up really nice for pictures on the third night! :goodvibes

Please remember if it doesn't say "dress up" you are still free to dress as up market as you want to. Those who go more casual have no problem at all with others taking it up a notch. It's your trip and your photo opportunity. I hope your photo comes out perfect and just the way "your" family wants it to look. Have a wonderful trip! :laundy:

I too just got off the Wonder this pass Sunday and in the Navigator is did say cruise causual, but I believe it is a typo.

Just thought I'd bump this up so people coming off this past 3-night cruise can weigh-in on what their Navigators said on Saturday night.

Okay. We're just back from the April 17 3 night cruise. I have our Navigators in front of me. The second night is "Pirate or Optional Dress Up Night". The other two nights were Cruise Casual. There were a number of people who still dressed up.

Okay. We're just back from the April 17 3 night cruise. I have our Navigators in front of me. The second night is "Pirate or Optional Dress Up Night". The other two nights were Cruise Casual. There were a number of people who still dressed up.

Well, guess it's not a typo. With the cost of everything from clothing to paying extra for a second bag on most airlines this was bound to happen.

Would love to see your navigators Silver Queen. :banana:

We sailed the Wonder on the April 3rd - 6th three day and the Navigators listed our third night's evening attire as dress up night...

We were on the same cruise and yep, it was still Dress Up night one week prior to the OP's cruise.

It's starting to look like DCL made all there changes over this past weekend. Dress Theme, Smoking Policy, etc. Multiple post seem to have April 17th, 18th, 19th all in common.

Silver Queen,

Any chance you could post your navigators? Off in 2 weeks and would love to see them. :yay:

Whats the smoking policy? If there is no smoking onboard that leaves that cruiseline out for us since DH is a smoker.

Whats the smoking policy? If there is no smoking onboard that leaves that cruiseline out for us since DH is a smoker.

It has changed ... short version, there is no smoking allowed in any interior spaces, but it's still allowed on stateroom verandahs and certain areas of certain decks. You might want to check out a locked thread in this forum that will give you more details, and more opinions, than you can bear. DH will be fine.

Here's the thread, although reading it is sort of like slowing down to get a close look at a car wreck.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1795494

It has changed ... short version, there is no smoking allowed in any interior spaces, but it's still allowed on stateroom verandahs and certain areas of certain decks. You might want to check out a locked thread in this forum that will give you more details, and more opinions, than you can bear. DH will be fine.

Here's the thread, although reading it is sort of like slowing down to get a close look at a car wreck.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1795494

to get the info you need, read the first post of that thread and then close it. quickly. don't let it suck you in... popcorn:: :surfweb:

Are Flip Flops Allowed in the Dinning rooms including Palos? I have a really nice dress and a pair of black flip flops that I was going to wear.. Or does anyone have a link that would take me to the dress policies

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter