Dress code for V&A - please help

zillow

Mouseketeer
I know that the men are required to wear jackets and the women should wear evening attire but what specifically does that mean? Anyone who has eaten there, please help. Do people get very dressed up? Would the women's dress be the equivalent of something one might wear to an evening wedding? I can't figure out what to bring with me and would hate to be overdressed. Thanks in advance!

that a nice dress or a pant suit is fine. I have seen everything from a semi-formal gown to a sweater and slacks.

My wife wore a summery dress.

Almost anything goes for women, just as long as it is not shorts or jeans.

Something doesn't seem fair there, but that is the way the rules are written.

:rolleyes:

We ate at V&A on 7/17. DH wore a navy blazer w/light tan slacks, dress shirt, silk tie.

I wore a black silk/rayon blend dress (tiny white dots) with a 3/4 sleeve-length jacket.

A woman at the table next to us was on a business dinner with 5 men and she wore slacks and a sweater set. One of her dinner companions wore his kilt!

Another woman across the room wore a classic little black dress.

Nothing very formal at all on that night.

Enjoy your evening! We loved our night there - truly an event for us with wonderful memories.

I agree with the others...you'll see a range of dress for women.

What I think of as evening wear is the exception in my admittedly limited experience there. I've worn things I'd wear to an evening wedding reception as well as outfits I'd wear to a daytime wedding. Just pick something nice that you enjoy wearing and that is easy to pack and you'll be fine.

I can let you know after 9-9 ;)

Seriously, I'm planning on basic black silky pantsuit dressed up with some jewelry.

Denise < --- can't go wrong with basic black and diamonds/pearls (real or fake!).

Mrs. Uncleromulus used to wear a dress, but these days she usually wears a nice light-weight pants suit. Much easier to pack, and a lot more comfortable too.
But as others have said, many ladies like to REALLY dress up, so if that suits you, then do so. We often see nice gowns and other "evening" attire when we go.

When we went, I wore a salmon-colored, above knee "party" dress and thought I looked pretty good. :earseek:

I saw mostly what I would consider coctail dresses (like the 'little black dress'), but also formal gowns and nice pantsuits.

Maybe the DIS PhotoAlbum should include a category just for Victoria and Alberts and people could post pics of themselves to show what they were wearing. For people that have never been I think it would be very helpful.

Thanks so much to all of you. For the ladies (sorry men), it sounds as though almost anything 'nice' goes. I'm thinking of wearing a low-key cocktail dress. I do want to look nice since it's our 10th anniversary. H@%%, Maybe I'll wear my wedding dress :). Hmm, 10 years, 2 kids, wonder if it still fits :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!