dress code for lunch

Good morning Grumbo.

June 15th is fast approaching and you know the turmoil that will be forthcoming

June 15th? The sunday before estimated tax payments are due???

Originally posted by AprilN
December99,

Just wanted to let you know that I probably wear a bigger size than you, but when I cruised in February, I decided it didn't matter - I was going to wear a bathing suit, and people could just deal with it. And guess what? They did! I went swimming in the adult pool, wore my suit and coverup to the breakfast buffet, went snorkeling at St. John and Castaway Cay, even had a full body massage (w/ no clothes!), and no one made me feel uncomfortable - because for probably the first time in my life, I made a conscious decision not to care.

I'm not saying that I'll be running down to the local beach or pool to strut my stuff anytime soon, and I've got enough body issues to rival most people, but on the cruise, don't let anyone prevent you from having a great time just because of a swimsuit.

And don't forget the sunscreen! :smooth:

April

P.S. - Check out Junonia for great swimsuits - I highly recommend the Skirted Swimsuit!

This isn't referring to wearing a swim suit at the appropriate places on the ship or off ship. It's wearing inappropriate outfits to the formal dining areas of the ship - it's just plain NASTY to have to see even a very handsome, muscular man wearing his thong and a net shirt while having lunch at Lumieres. (You can substitute sexy girl in bikini there and it's still NASTY).
But put either of them or a chubby gal like myself at the pool area, then it's no one's business since that is acceptable wear.

Pajamas - BD, that was IU formalwear, silly boy!

Rae

Rae,

I just wanted to clarify the purpose of my response. I realize that earlier comments on this thread were directed towards improper dress in the dining rooms, but December99's message was a of a more general nature (stemming from what seems to be a misunderstanding of earlier comments) about society's attitude towards body types and bathing suits. I was trying to reassure her that she can wear a suit onboard (in the appropriate venues, of course) and feel good about herself. I definitely wasn't replying to any other messages in the thread, just hers.

My response was a little off-topic, to be sure, but I was just trying to help December99 feel better about herself. Maybe I should have sent her a PM instead. Oh well. Sorry for the confusion.

April

Thank you but no one ruins my vacations except my husband and my daughter.

Originally posted by AprilN
Rae,

I just wanted to clarify the purpose of my response. I realize that earlier comments on this thread were directed towards improper dress in the dining rooms, but December99's message was a of a more general nature (stemming from what seems to be a misunderstanding of earlier comments) about society's attitude towards body types and bathing suits. I was trying to reassure her that she can wear a suit onboard (in the appropriate venues, of course) and feel good about herself. I definitely wasn't replying to any other messages in the thread, just hers.

My response was a little off-topic, to be sure, but I was just trying to help December99 feel better about herself. Maybe I should have sent her a PM instead. Oh well. Sorry for the confusion.

April

Sorry if I misunderstood - I agree - we should all be leery of the "Twiggy" mode unless, of course, we have that from nature!
Personally, we all need to be more accepting of our bodies and if others don't like it -well, that's okay too!!!!

Rae

Hi Angie.

I am from KY.

That's ok. No need to apologize... lol.

PS - My mom was raised in Louisville and met my dad when he was stationed at Fort Knox - just prior to his WWII combat service commanding a tank squadron assigned to Paton's 4th Armored division...

So you are a Kentuckian at heart, BD. I should have noticed it right off...my DS's parents were in KY when they met and mingled - she brough him across the river to IN so he wouldn't have a stigma attached....go figure that one out! I tell him he was born on the far Eastern side of the Hospital - the part that faced New York, so he thinks he is safe.

Rae

Good morning Rae.

my DS's parents were in KY when they met and mingled - she brough him across the river to IN so he wouldn't have a stigma attached

No stigma? Is that what they call a "midwestern bris?"

I would tell you what I heard it called, but then again, I'd better not!!!!

Hope you have an outstanding day, BD! Bris or bris less, as the case maybe!!!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter