Dream special rooms - now that we see the pictures! ** Index now in Post 7 **

A cat 4a unobstructed veranda that sleeps 5. Look great to me.
Slightly closer to the aft elevators which we would like, but great mid locale.

Have you seen the pics on the DCL site? They are accurate. All the 4a categories are pretty much the same that sleep 5. The pics don't show the wall murphy, but the floor plans do.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/s...uxe-family-oceanview-stateroom-with-verandah/

HTH

Not all 4As sleep 5. We had 2 different 4A rooms on our recent B2B. One had the murphy bed, one didn't.

4A with murphy bed:
2qum1x5.jpg

4A without murphy bed:
2r7a3q0.jpg

I have been told as well that not all rooms are numbered the same. it came up on this thread about a year or so ago

Is there a thread like this for the Fantasy. I'm trying to find a room that is between lifeboats. I know some of the room numbers on the Dream are not the same on the Fantasy.

Not true, the staterooms are exactly the same on both the Dream and Fantasy. The only discussion I have seen here regarding possible differences were with the room configurations and how many people each could sleep. However, after spending hours searching and getting confirmation for the thread I did with that information, I didn't find a single room that was different between the two ships.

Bear3412....Thanks for the info..did you actually stay in this room? I 'm almost certain it has the murphy bed, no?

Dream corner aft 7688 and 7686

We have these two connecting rooms booked and wonder if the verandas have a removable divider, or if there is actually a dead space between the two. its hard to tell from the deckplans I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Totally late to this party and it's prob been posted before but...anyone have any pics of Fantasy room 10166? I found a video on YouTube that showed it pretty well but wanted to see other's pics. We have always stayed midship and this is our first aft stay - not too worried about the vibrations and very excited about our oversized veranda! :cool1:

Dream corner aft 7688 and 7686

We have these two connecting rooms booked and wonder if the verandas have a removable divider, or if there is actually a dead space between the two. its hard to tell from the deckplans I have seen....

I've always wondered about these cabin balcony connections.
I thought I recall years ago when the Dream launched the answer was no.
But I also recall a little door of sorts on the side room (not aft) that created a little protected space "outside" the normal veranda area. :confused3

Never heard anymore, so IDK.

Of course that could have been noise from another cruise line, but ...

Please take pics from both sides and report back.

TIA

.... I found a video on YouTube that showed it pretty well but wanted to see other's pics....

What did the video lack that you desire?

Are you going to share the video link? Lol

Most pax are pleasantly satisfied with an even lame video.

All the cabins are pretty much the same in a specified cat.

Ahhh, I see now, cat 5e aft .

Here is the adjoining cabin 10164; http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46984761&postcount=11

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/g1227-dream-10664.html

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=50714949&postcount=3

After the last linked photos you get no more sympathy. :lmao:

This cabin is dead center aft with an extra large veranda.

What else do you need to know?

You apparently have heard the possible short comings, ie; vibrations, sound, showers/trash from Cabanas.
These are sacrifices that must be made for such impressive balconies.

Enjoy

I've always wondered about these cabin balcony connections. I thought I recall years ago when the Dream launched the answer was no. But I also recall a little door of sorts on the side room (not aft) that created a little protected space "outside" the normal veranda area. :confused3 Never heard anymore, so IDK. Of course that could have been noise from another cruise line, but ... Please take pics from both sides and report back. TIA

I'll definitely take pics and try to post a u toob of it too. I still would love to see pics/video before I go though. We don't sail till Aug

Hi

Our first cruise is in April on the Dream and very excited. Any one ever stay in or near our room and have pictures? Is this a good spot? Again, this is our first cruise and lots to learn:)

Hi everyone -- I was fortunate enough to stay in stateroom 8682 on the May 1st sailing of the Dream :)
It is a HA cabin on the Aft of the ship -- category 6A -- here are some pics! I would HIGHLY recommend this cabin!

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

(Ignore my DBF in the mirror :rotfl2:)

IMG_0815.jpg

(bathroom door)

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

And now...the amazing verandah!!!

Walk out the door and look to the right:
IMG_0818.jpg

Out the door looking to the left:
IMG_0817.jpg

Let me know if anyone has any questions :)

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Verdana;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs26 \cf0 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 }

Was the divider between this corner aft room and the first adjacent side balcony removable or would it open. We have 7688 and 7686 booked on an upcoming dream cruise and would love to know if their balconies could open to each other.

We have stayed in this cabin before on the Dream on deck 8, but I doubt that they would connect to balconies on deck 7. But the photo shows that the divider to the right of the deck can be opened. We've stayed on the Dream and they do open all these dividers when cleaning and upon request. I don't think that they can be removed.

We will be in stateroom 8598, category 4B on the Dream. I was wondering if we are going to have the verandah "skin" that others have discussed? I cannot seem to located in a pic after the skin was added.
Thanks!
We are booked in 8598 this year in November. Can you tell me if the verandah skin bothered you or if you had any other issues with the stateroom? Also, does 8598 have a pull down bunk bed or a Murphy wall bed? Thank you for your help!

Have looked at the photos but something is different. Then I realized, our cabin is on Deck 9-starboard-aft. If you watch the Dream on the PC web cam, there are now support "bars" attached near the port hole cabins. Our cabin is one that does not have the "support bar" to obstruct a view. Just lucked out, we hope.

I've always wondered about these cabin balcony connections.
I thought I recall years ago when the Dream launched the answer was no.
But I also recall a little door of sorts on the side room (not aft) that created a little protected space "outside" the normal veranda area. :confused3

Never heard anymore, so IDK.

Of course that could have been noise from another cruise line, but ...

Please take pics from both sides and report back.

TIA
Just recently back from our Dream cruise. Wow! i can confirm that 7688 (corner aft) and 7686 do have connecting balconies. Our room steward opened our divider and it made for a huge balcony.

Maybe they needed that space for the float-out so that their crew can scatter on the balcony for look out and that they might add dividers later? :confused3

I hear ya discorsner… we have that room too.. :goodvibes
I have read a review from someone who was in 6192- the flagpole room...their balcony was divided, and rather deep. From the rail he said he could see into the neighbor's balcony due to the curve of the ship. I think all of the dividers are retractable though if rooms can be connected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!