Dream questions😊

cougar87

Earning My Ears
Hello-
Sorry if these are repeat questions. Getting ready to board the Dream Friday and had a few questions. Do you still use your key to the world card to pay for everything on the ship? Drinks and what not. Read somewhere you can use the app but didn’t know how that worked. Also how late are the lounges in the adult area open at night now? Is the 5k on Castaway still being done? Thanks so much!

Hello-
Sorry if these are repeat questions. Getting ready to board the Dream Friday and had a few questions. Do you still use your key to the world card to pay for everything on the ship? Drinks and what not. Read somewhere you can use the app but didn’t know how that worked. Also how late are the lounges in the adult area open at night now? Is the 5k on Castaway still being done? Thanks so much!
Instead of handing over your KTTW card, they will ask for your stateroom number. You will then receive a notice that you have a new item in your cruise folio. If it is a transaction that allows a tip, e.g., a drink from a bar, you add the tip when you get that notice. Pull up your folio, select the transaction, enter the amount of tip, enter the purchase PIN you selected, and confirm.

The 5K is an on your own thing. You can run/walk whenever you want, then get the medal from guest services.

I wasn't out late so can't answer your question about closing time on the lounges.

Instead of handing over your KTTW card, they will ask for your stateroom number. You will then receive a notice that you have a new item in your cruise folio. If it is a transaction that allows a tip, e.g., a drink from a bar, you add the tip when you get that notice. Pull up your folio, select the transaction, enter the amount of tip, enter the purchase PIN you selected, and confirm.

The 5K is an on your own thing. You can run/walk whenever you want, then get the medal from guest services.

I wasn't out late so can't answer your question about closing time on the lounges.

As another data point - the cruise we just got off of on the Dream, we were asked for the KttW card for all transactions, though tips were done on the app. Might depend on the specific cast member, but we were only asked for the card, and never for just the room number, including from the roving waiters by Satellite Falls.

As another data point - the cruise we just got off of on the Dream, we were asked for the KttW card for all transactions, though tips were done on the app. Might depend on the specific cast member, but we were only asked for the card, and never for just the room number, including from the roving waiters by Satellite Falls.
That is a definite change in procedure between cruises, because out of multiple drink purchases at various lounges on board, from roving waiters both onboard and at CC, from the bars at CC, and in the MDR, not once was I ever asked for my KTTW card on the 9/6 cruise. Only the stateroom number and my name.

That is a definite change in procedure between cruises, because out of multiple drink purchases at various lounges on board, from roving waiters both onboard and at CC, from the bars at CC, and in the MDR, not once was I ever asked for my KTTW card on the 9/6 cruise. Only the stateroom number and my name.
Was the Skyline lounge open at all during your cruise?
Thanks!

Was the Skyline lounge open at all during your cruise?
Thanks!
No, only for tasting classes. Someone in my tequila and margarita tasting class asked if Skyline would open after our class and was told it was not open at all outside of the classes.

I had not heard anything about the tasting classes. Those were offered on your cruise? I'm guessing the Mixology classes are definitely a no go right now.

I'm not sure it's an official change in procedure. My feeling (not at all scientific and just a gut feeling) was that it was more the cast members we happened to interact with....but it happened in multiple locations on multiple occasions.

I had not heard anything about the tasting classes. Those were offered on your cruise? I'm guessing the Mixology classes are definitely a no go right now.
Yes, the tasting classes are being offered. On my cruise, they were offering a full range of classes similar to pre-COVID cruises. But drinks will be pre-made or made for you. No going up behind the bar and mixing drinks yourself. I only did the tequila and margarita class. We had 2 pre-made margaritas and 3 shots of tequila.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter