Dream/Fantasy 8A cabins

Silverfox97

PLATINUM Castaway Club
Here are the list of the Cat 8A double porthole rooms on the Dream/Fantasy (HA = Handicap access).

Deck 5
5018 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5020 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5022 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

5518 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5520 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5522 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

Deck 6
6012 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6014 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6016 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

6510 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6512 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6514 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

We are aft verandah peeps ourselves, but this info might really help some people. Anyone have any more info that we can add to this list??

search for a post by krisannB from the past month or so. She posted details of several of these rooms. I've also updated some details we know from before

My brother is interested in one of these rooms, but he would prefer one that looks like a suite with the wall divider, not one with a pole in the center. Is there a list anywhere that says what each room looks like??? If not, I thought I could compile one and update this first post with the info (HA = Handicap access).

Deck 5
5018 (HA) - sleeps 4, no tub [designed HA, but not booking as HA]
5020 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, sleeps 3, no split bath
5022 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, sleeps 3, no split bath

5518 (HA) - sleeps 4, no tub [designed HA, but not booking as HA]
5520 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, sleeps 3, no split bath
5522 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, sleeps 3, no split bath

Deck 6
6012 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6014 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6016 - pole in center, no privacy curtain, no spilt bath, sleeps 4

6510 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6512 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6514 - pole in center, no privacy curtain, no spilt bath, sleeps 4

We are Cat 6A peeps ourselves, but this info might really help some people. Anyone have any more info that we can add to this list??

search for a post by krisannB from the past month or so. She posted details of several of these rooms. I've also updated some details we know from before

Thanks. KrisannB's info was in my 1st post already. I'll update my first post w/the other info.

We were just in 5518 last week... I took some pictures and will try to post them tonight when I get home. We loved this cabin! It was just DH and myself in it and it was huge! We were not sure how we were going to feel about the HA bathroom but it did not bother us at all. We loved the huge double portholes.... They were really cool! Now I do have to mention that we were upgraded to this cabin so we really did feel extra lucky to have it! (but if the price was right I would book it again in a heartbeat!!!) Also, we did not have any problems with noise.... And even took an afternoon nap.

We were just in 5518 last week... I took some pictures and will try to post them tonight when I get home. We loved this cabin! It was just DH and myself in it and it was huge! We were not sure how we were going to feel about the HA bathroom but it did not bother us at all. We loved the huge double portholes.... They were really cool! Now I do have to mention that we were upgraded to this cabin so we really did feel extra lucky to have it! (but if the price was right I would book it again in a heartbeat!!!) Also, we did not have any problems with noise.... And even took an afternoon nap.

Great! Pics would be awesome! Did you have a wall divider making it look like a mini-suite or a pole in the center of your room?

Great! Pics would be awesome! Did you have a wall divider making it look like a mini-suite or a pole in the center of your room?

The cabin didn't have a pole or a wall... It was just open! There wasn't a privacy curtain though so that might make a difference for some. Since it was just the 2 of us it didn't matter. It did not have a ton of storage for 4... For 2 it was fine, but for more, hmmm... But the cabin itself was very large. We have connecting inside cabins in August and are going to feel it I'm afraid!!! Lol!!!

I've never posted pictures before... here it goes....

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

Thank you for posting the pictures.

Can you see the TV from the couch? Is there one closet?

Appreciate it, Jill

We were just in 5522 last month, and LOVED it. No split bathroom, but it didn't bother us. There were two tv's, one by the sofa, one mounted on the wall in front of the bed. There were two closets, and the doors pulled open rather than sliding so no rattling during the rough weather.

Here is a link to some of my pictures.

Thank you for posting the pictures.

Can you see the TV from the couch? Is there one closet?

Appreciate it, Jill

There is one closet. I don't remember if you can see the tv from the couch. I think that it pulls out so it can be repositioned, but we didn't really spend any time on the couch....

Thanks guys, I just moved our Fantasy 2013 rooms, to 5020 and 5022 connecting. It will be tons of space and the baths will be fine. We did have the "pole" rooms.

Jill

We were just in 5522 last month, and LOVED it. No split bathroom, but it didn't bother us. There were two tv's, one by the sofa, one mounted on the wall in front of the bed. There were two closets, and the doors pulled open rather than sliding so no rattling during the rough weather.

Here is a link to some of my pictures.

Awesome! Have this room booked for our 2013 Fantasy trip! :)

This is very helpful - we just booked 6014 & 6016 connecting for December '12. There will be many many pictures after we return if anyone needs them! Let the countdown begin!

We just booked 6512 & 6514 for October 2013. :goodvibes

Not sure yet whether or not we'll keep them or change though... time will tell which kids will be joining us and then we'll decide. If all 4 of mine come, and/or any of DH's, we'll need more room, especially if any of the older kids have significant others by then!

It's great to be able to book so far ahead though - for the price alone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter