Dream a Little Dream: May 8-12, 2011

I can not believe that the trip is just around the corner...I am so ready for take off. It is all I can talk about right now. Anyone asks what's new and I have to give them our countdown to the trip. :woohoo:

I am so ready for some sun the weather here is so bad we have had snow this week. I hate snow :scared1: but I just went with it and said in a few days I will be in the sunshine.

It's snowing RIGHT NOW. We have 5 inches of fresh snow and accumulating. My crocuses are out... oups, "were" out!

:tinker:Poussière de snow!

Ok...I am not good at reading directions so I missed the whole ten post thing. Sorry! TA has our docs...she flashed me with the docs and then told me we would meet at a later date to discuss:( Very cruel. At least we have them. I have a couple of questions since I have never been on a cruise before. With having to pay for checked bags and of course everyone is trying to carry on anything they can...will I then be stuck with all items until our room is ready or do they take anything form you when you board or check in? Also, what should we do first when we get on the boat? Everything says to go to guest services and I am wondering if that is the first place we should head to. Ok...thanks in advance!!

Ok...I am not good at reading directions so I missed the whole ten post thing. Sorry! TA has our docs...she flashed me with the docs and then told me we would meet at a later date to discuss:( Very cruel. At least we have them. I have a couple of questions since I have never been on a cruise before. With having to pay for checked bags and of course everyone is trying to carry on anything they can...will I then be stuck with all items until our room is ready or do they take anything form you when you board or check in? Also, what should we do first when we get on the boat? Everything says to go to guest services and I am wondering if that is the first place we should head to. Ok...thanks in advance!!

did you do your online checkin?

They take all of your bags and deliver them to your stateroom. Keep a carry-on with you with essentials in it. You can go to GS when you get onboard to book excursions or spa appointments and dinner reservations. You can also go to the restaurant and eat if you'd like. Or, feel free to explore the ship. It's completely up to you what you do after you board. Good luck and happy cruising! :thumbsup2

I can not believe that we only have 10 days and we will be sitting in FL at amk. I am so looking forward to this trip and boy does it seem real now. :cool1: We have started packing and we are about set to fly out. If all goes well we will be on the road at 6am on May 3rd. I can not wait.

I look at the tickers and I think I realize we'll be the first ones to arrive at WDW pre-cruise. Anything you guys need?

:tinker:Poussière de fée!

Our TA finally received our cruise docs on Tuesday and I got them in the mail yesterday. YAY! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I have been throwing items for the cruise into my suitcase for the past few days. No clothes yet, but flip-flops, my soft-sided cooler, mesh laundry bag, etc.

I think most of my carry-on suitcase is going to be filled with FE gifts! My DD (13) helped me assemble most everything one day this week, and I'm pleased with how everything came together :yay:

Anyone else notice we are getting very close to 1,000 posts?? :cheer2:

We did do the online check-in and I am now getting a feel for what we need to do. I just got all of my cruise info today, which was a huge help in knowing what to bring. We will be heading to Wilderness lodge after the cruise. I know a couple of you have mentioned heading to the parks after the cruise. As a side note too, we stayed at Kidani Village last year and we ate at Boma and Jiko. Looooooved it!!!! I can't say enough about the rooms and the resort. We used my moms DVC points. The food was excellent and if you are a coffee drinker...you will never be the same!

We did do the online check-in and I am now getting a feel for what we need to do. I just got all of my cruise info today, which was a huge help in knowing what to bring. We will be heading to Wilderness lodge after the cruise. I know a couple of you have mentioned heading to the parks after the cruise. As a side note too, we stayed at Kidani Village last year and we ate at Boma and Jiko. Looooooved it!!!! I can't say enough about the rooms and the resort. We used my moms DVC points. The food was excellent and if you are a coffee drinker...you will never be the same!

now the hard part....waiting!!!!:flower3:

Don't forget your pirate gear!! pirate:

we took our pirate gear last time and it was fun...I am not sure if we are taking it this time...It was alot of extra to pack. But the pirate party was a blast. They did give everyone pirate rags to wear on your head.

I can not believe that I have one week left of normal life...I can not wait a week from Tuesday we are on a plane. :woohoo: Instead of me watching everyone else fly out it will be me. :cheer2:

I can't imagine what you'd need to go straight to guest services for as soon as you board. Like Launchpad said, if you need any reservations or changes to dining and/or spa, you can go straight to the spa or the club area for dining stuff. As someone else said, just enjoy being on the amazing new ship!!! It's going to be incredible! Go eat at one of the restaurants, it's a great time to go to one of the upper pool decks and sit in the sun.

Us--we are making a beeline for the Bon Voyage bar the second we get on, I have to get my Captain's Mai Tai! THEN we'll go explore and eat.

Oh--and they won't take anything from you beyond what you are leaving with the porters outside, so whatever you are carrying with you, however full or heavy, you will have to carry it until the room is ready. I know it's a bit daunting and overwhelming to not know what to do being your first cruise, but there are plenty of people to guide you in the right direction, and you will be SO excited you'll forget you were even nervous in the first place!

As I was getting ready for work this morning, I thought, "Two weeks from now, I will be waking up in Nassau!" I am soooo ready for this vacation. :woohoo:

Had to do it!!!! Much too inviting...post 1,000!!!!
So how many of you are going to try to meet after the drill?
I personally am looking forward to putting faces to the names.:flower3:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter