Dream 7 night schedule

Shinaniganz

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

First time cruisers here. We’re going to be on the Dream Western Caribbean cruise on April 15 with 3 kids. I see that this is the first time the Dream is doing a 7 night cruise. How similar will it be to the 7 night schedule on the Fantasy?

Looking at personal navigators for the Fantasy on disneycruiselineblog, I see two recent schedules (7/30/22 and 1/28/23) but they aren’t quite the same. Not sure if this is due to the latter being PDAS or a change over time? Both have Pirate night at Grand Cayman, but shows are not on the same days.

I’m basically trying to figure out the best time to book Remy without missing some of the main nighttime entertainment. I see some people recommending Remy on Pirate’s night. How much of Pirate’s night activities can the kids still enjoy if we do that?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

First time cruisers here. We’re going to be on the Dream Western Caribbean cruise on April 15 with 3 kids. I see that this is the first time the Dream is doing a 7 night cruise. How similar will it be to the 7 night schedule on the Fantasy?

Looking at personal navigators for the Fantasy on disneycruiselineblog, I see two recent schedules (7/30/22 and 1/28/23) but they aren’t quite the same. Not sure if this is due to the latter being PDAS or a change over time? Both have Pirate night at Grand Cayman, but shows are not on the same days.

I’m basically trying to figure out the best time to book Remy without missing some of the main nighttime entertainment. I see some people recommending Remy on Pirate’s night. How much of Pirate’s night activities can the kids still enjoy if we do that?

Thanks in advance!
If you schedule Remy for pirates night you would either have to eat very late or miss the show. Our meal at Remy was over two hours.

The safest bet would be first day as the show there is usually very lame. Otherwise, first sea day is usually formal night and big show, so stay away from that. I would pick any day inbetween and then check as soon as you get on board in the app. If the time/ day doesn’t work, go and talk to them if you can change.

And can I put in a request? We are on the Dream in the Med on the third 7- night ever. I would love to know the show schedule, dining rotation and menus served from your cruise!!!

If you schedule Remy for pirates night you would either have to eat very late or miss the show. Our meal at Remy was over two hours.

The safest bet would be first day as the show there is usually very lame. Otherwise, first sea day is usually formal night and big show, so stay away from that. I would pick any day inbetween and then check as soon as you get on board in the app. If the time/ day doesn’t work, go and talk to them if you can change.

And can I put in a request? We are on the Dream in the Med on the third 7- night ever. I would love to know the show schedule, dining rotation and menus served from your cruise!!!
To add to this request, can anyone confirm if they are doing Animation Magic on the Dream in Animators Palate with the 7 night sailings?

I will try to collect the daily schedules and update after the cruise, as I really wish I had this info for planning!

I was thinking of scheduling for the 3rd night in Cozumel, but both trips that I mentioned show a big show on that night.
  • Walt Disney Theatre Production – Frozen, A Musical Spectacular (last July)
  • Walt Disney Theatre Production – Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular (this January)

I’ll have a look at Navigators and will try to figure things out.

On the Dream, one big show is Golden Mickeys. I have only seen it on the Wonder, but there it was always in Formal Night as the show has a very cute pre show with a red carpet arrival (it’s an awards show). So, I would be surprised if they have it on a port day.

Ok, so I see. I think the Pixar one is a bit wonky. They don’t usually show Toy Story for main show.

I see the shows on Day 3. Before Pandemic it was shows on days 2, 6 and 7. And that’s still true for the Eastern itineraries now. No idea why they change it up. I will ask my mother in law who was on a Western in October last year if she remembers the show schedule. That might give us an additional data point.

So, my advice would be to book day 5, Falmouth day, as that has no prior history of having a big show.

Hope this helps!

Also, I was under the impression that the first day was just open house for the kid's club where parents need to stay with the kids. Am I mistaken? Or do they have drop off later in the evening?

Also, I was under the impression that the first day was just open house for the kid's club where parents need to stay with the kids. Am I mistaken? Or do they have drop off later in the evening?
They have drop off in the evening. I believe it's open house until the first dinner time?

Our fantasy western show schedule in June 2022 was movie, Aladdin (at sea, formal), Frozen (Cozumel), movie (Grand Cayman, pirate night), entertainer (Jamaica), entertainer (at sea, semi formal), Believe (Castaway).

We actually loved the pirate menu. I know a ton of people hate it for some reason, but it was our favorite menu, lots of flavorful foods. My 18 yr old loved the mango soup. I got tons of appetizers (including the mango soup and the samosa) and the jerk chicken and loved them.

I am not an expert on kid's clubs. But as far as I know and can see from the Eastern Fantasy Personal Navigator from November, Open House is only until the lifeboat drill, afterwards is scheduled programming.

I know I said first night is best bet, but since we travel without kids, I forgot about that. I think you might want to start the vacation with a family meal. So, if I were you, I would book Falmouth day and check once you are on board. They might even be able to put you on a wait list, people do cancel their Remy reservations (too much sun, too much food).

To add to this request, can anyone confirm if they are doing Animation Magic on the Dream in Animators Palate with the 7 night sailings?

At the moment it hasn’t been installed, they’re hoping to get it done soon but it’s not even certain it will be done for the transatlantic in May so I imagine it won’t be ready for the first 7 night next month

Thanks Flossbolna and everyone else who commented for the info and advice! Will keep Pirate night open then and try for a different time that works. Looks like day 5 doesn't have space for a party of 2 (not sold out but times grayed out).

You have main dining, I guess? Would you be willing to go to the show with the kids, feed them burgers or something else from the pool deck for dinner before the show (or room service), all go to the show together and then drop off the kids at the club and head to Remy? The early show goes from 6 to 7. So, if you make sure to rush out at the end, you could make a 7:15 reservation (7:30 would make it a bit safer). I think with that you should still be able to get out of Remy by around 10 pm.

Day 6 might be your second best bet otherwise for an evening without show though. And keep in mind, you can always try to change the reservation once onboard. Especially if its not booked out, but only greyed out.

You have main dining, I guess? Would you be willing to go to the show with the kids, feed them burgers or something else from the pool deck for dinner before the show (or room service), all go to the show together and then drop off the kids at the club and head to Remy?

We currently have late dining, but I've read that this is because Disney holds back a lot of early dining for families and assigns them later. My wife prefers early dining for our kids (they are fairly young - 6, 3, 3), just so we have flexibility if they are hungry/tired.

What you suggested sounds perfectly reasonable. I assume you're referring to Day 3 (Cozumel) with the assumption there's one of the big shows on that night?

We currently have late dining, but I've read that this is because Disney holds back a lot of early dining for families and assigns them later. My wife prefers early dining for our kids (they are fairly young - 6, 3, 3), just so we have flexibility if they are hungry/tired.

What you suggested sounds perfectly reasonable. I assume you're referring to Day 3 (Cozumel) with the assumption there's one of the big shows on that night?
Check the app to see if you can switch to early. We were able to switch about 2 weeks before the cruise (I was checking the app daily because we normally eat dinner at 6pm.)

I just booked yesterday and we have early dining.see if you can switch in the app or ask your ta to change for you.

It still shows waitlisted for me (our TA added us when we first booked).

Main Seating - 5:45 PM - This seating time is at capacity.

You have been added to the Waitlist! ...

We're still 18+ days out, so I'll keep checking.

Still, day 6 would be the better choice as recently no show. But yes, day 3 or 6 should work with that strategy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter