Downtown Disney Rennovations

Speaking of DD renos, any thoughts on how that parking garage is going to look? It doesn't feel "Disney" to me... It makes me nervous. Thoughts? Predictions?
I think it's needed they are expanding with this and going into the parking area. This is going to increase parking capacity for locals and those who drive to WDW. It's not like the structure will be at a park so I'm not that bothered by it.

The parking lot is going to be highly themed. They already have the concept art out on WDWMagic I believe. They also have it posted on the walls around the parking lot. It is going to match the theme of the new area.

The parking lot is going to be highly themed. They already have the concept art out on WDWMagic I believe. They also have it posted on the walls around the parking lot. It is going to match the theme of the new area.
Doesn't necessarily mean a themed parking structure is a good thing. DTD is going to look completely different so I think the Parking structure will just fit it. I'm not bothered by it at all.

Doesn't necessarily mean a themed parking structure is a good thing. DTD is going to look completely different so I think the Parking structure will just fit it. I'm not bothered by it at all.

Doesn't bother me either, but Disney is investing in making it not a plain concrete parking garage. Not only is it going to be themed, but it will match the new area of Disney Springs and block Disney Quest which would ruin the new illusion. My main point is they are actually wanting to take the time to make it right.

Was there last week. Hard to see how theming will overcome the massive size of the structure and how it will block the "skyline" of the rest of Disney Springs... still hopeful I guess.

There is nothing going on "inside" however.. no stores or other changes that you can see coming yet. The new bridges are definitely under constructions.

Was there last week. Hard to see how theming will overcome the massive size of the structure and how it will block the "skyline" of the rest of Disney Springs... still hopeful I guess.

There is nothing going on "inside" however.. no stores or other changes that you can see coming yet. The new bridges are definitely under constructions.

It only trying to block DisneyQuest. The themeing is going to be mostly paint but the towers on each corner is going to be themed to the new look of Disney Springs. Planters and other decorative items will also be placed on the walls on the garage. The inside will be normal I imagine.

It only trying to block DisneyQuest. The themeing is going to be mostly paint but the towers on each corner is going to be themed to the new look of Disney Springs. Planters and other decorative items will also be placed on the walls on the garage. The inside will be normal I imagine.

I'm sure the garage will look nice. Honestly the Central Casting building (the one with the diamond pattern) is one of the most uniquely "Disney style" and attractive buildings on property - and if they can make an office complex look that way, I'm sure they can make the garage look nice too.

They need to get that puppy done though. Traffic through there is a true nightmare right now.

Pretty sure we will be putting up with the mess throughout this year and into next. The garage is not very far along. Pillars and a few decks in half the structure only. Dirt and some pillars in the other half. Since it's been almost 6 months clearly the rest of the year for the parking garage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter