Downtown Disney - Cannot use Disney Reward Points

zyezye

I'd Rather Be at Disney!
We are now staying in Anaheim and went to Downtown Disney tonight fully expecting to be able to use our Disney Rewards Card for supper. We were told that none of the restaurants are Disney owned, so they would not accept our Reward Card. My guess is most of the stores there would not accept the Disney Reward Card because they are not Disney owned.
Very disappointing....

I know, it's a bummer. The world of disney store does accept the card as well as the chocolate shop (I can't remember what it was called), at least they did last month.

Kathy

misscampbells said:
I know, it's a bummer. The world of disney store does accept the card as well as the chocolate shop (I can't remember what it was called), at least they did last month.

Kathy

Marecelines is the choclate shop and they are Disney-owned.

There are some restaurants that are Disney owned in the Grand Californian that should take it for dinner. Storytellers Cafe, Napa Rose, Whitewater Snacks and that is right next to DTD (it could even be argued it is in DTD).

I got mine and was so excited about it. Then I read it. Disneystore Gift Card! What! Don't they realize there are no Disney Stores that I know of within a 100 mile radius of where I live? I was supposed to get a Disney Rewards Card. Then it says Disneystore.com or Disney Catalog. So much for using it at the park. Is the World of Disney store considered a Disney Store? Also, Downtown Disney is not totally made up of stores affiliated with Disney. For example, the Roxy store will not take any discount cards, AAA, APs or otherwise.

The card also says it may not be used towards the purchase of any Disney gift cards or Disney Dollars so that idea went out the window too. I guest I need to request a catalog.

MsYumiBr said:
The card also says it may not be used towards the purchase of any Disney gift cards or Disney Dollars so that idea went out the window too. I guest I need to request a catalog.

Check out disneyshopping.com (used to be called disneystore.com). I've found a lot of great things on clearance. My sister bought her kids clearance items and took them with her to DL and gave things to the kids each day--they were excited to get "souvineers" and it was a lot cheaper than buying things in the park. They even got some t-shirts that were $5 instead of $15-20.

The gift card you recieved was probably what you got for signing up for the credit card. It isn't what you get when you accumulate disney dollars for charging.

The rewards card is what you get when you've earned Disney Dollars by charging on your credit card. It works like a credit/debit card anywhere in the park, at Disney hotels, for disney reservations, and at World of Disney and Marcellines Confectionary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter