Downgrading from concierge

Lomac924

Earning My Ears
I am booked in an oceanview concierge room on a Wish sailing this September and am really wondering if it will be worth it for the extra money. When I booked this, it was the only room available at the time and the cast member kept saying what a great deal it was with my discount (which it is) but I just don't know if we will realize the full value with my family (husband and 3 kids- 10, 8, and 2 yrs old). My questions are:

-Is it possible to downgrade to a lower category from concierge? I understand that the deposit is non-refundable but if we were putting it towards the same sailing would we still lose money or would they just apply everything to the new room? I am paid in full so would they refund the difference or would it automatically be FCC or OBC?

-I was able to book a few things through the concierge guest services. If I were to switch, would I lose the things I booked? (Nothing big, just a couple of tastings)

I appreciate anyone's feedback. Not sure what we would do moving forward but would love to hear if anyone has made a similar switch.

We downgraded for similar reasons. Yes it is totally fine to do, but it does make your deposit nonrefundable as you note.They were super nice on the phone about it, no awkward pressure to keep it; just made the change we requested.

We made the switch prior to the concierge activities booking date so I do not know what happens to your tastings. I think it is likely all activities will be cancelled because Disney would not want to create a loophole for folks to book CC cabanas as concierge and then switch, but you never know.

We downgraded for similar reasons. Yes it is totally fine to do, but it does make your deposit nonrefundable as you note.They were super nice on the phone about it, no awkward pressure to keep it; just made the change we requested.

We made the switch prior to the concierge activities booking date so I do not know what happens to your tastings. I think it is likely all activities will be cancelled because Disney would not want to create a loophole for folks to book CC cabanas as concierge and then switch, but you never know.
Thanks for your reply. Yes- I was thinking the same thing and I honestly agree with that so it keeps it fair but I wouldn't be mad if they forgot to cancel them. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!