"Double Dip Delight" 09.27.2008 - Take 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Tiffany not only volunteers in this ministry at our church, she is the COORDINATOR for us. :thumbsup2 ...

screen name:
Pretty bland actually. Its a reference to being a cinderella fan - more about Emmie's being a fan than mine though....

Tiffany!! God love ya!

Okay, Rhonda...I must admit I TOTALLY thought that you were a Cyndi Lauper fan! Maybe a closet fan?? :)

If you are on AirTran better check your flight times. Again for the 3rd time they have changed my DD"s flight on the 26th from Philadelphia to Orlando.:eek: :eek:

Also they changed Michelle's flight home on the 5th from afternoon to early morning

Maureen

I'm sure we'll do our best! :goodvibes
Priority with delivery confirmation, right???;)

Nah, USPS is by far the cheapest for delivering heavy packages. The general rule for estimating cost is Priority is roughly $1 per pound after 10 pounds or so. Parcel Post usually runs $5-$10 cheaper, but takes longer.

Do you work for the USPS? I don't think I remembered that! Jason's father is a rural letter carrier...actually he's the regional or national chapter president or something like that (recently elected) for the rural letter carrier union/organization.

We did send it priority and got a receipt with a tracking number (although the tracking number still registers as "invalid" when I go to the USPS website so I'm a little concerned about that......but I've literally NEVER had a problem with the mail (*knock on wood*) so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Our postage for the box ended up figuring to be right about $1 per pound....it was funny though....apparently the front desk Postal Staff are encouraged to "upsell" all packages to overnight shipping...so when Jason went to the P.O. the girl said, "I can already guess you're going to say no but I have to ask anyway----would you like to ship this overnight? It will be $123?" :rotfl2:

My screen name is also not very exciting. Its my first name followed by my high school football number.

As for MILs, I get along greatwith her now, but that was not always the case. When my wife told her we were getting married, she kind of flipped out and started making a lot of derogatory remarks about my family ("hicks from the hills"...) and about my future prospects. I was just about to graduate from college with an English degree and they didn't see much of a future there. My wife and her father are both engineers, as was the guy they had picked out for her.

Now, almost twenty years later, she is quite please with her daughter's choice as my wife has been able to enjoy being a stay at home mom for the last 6 years and we included a suite for them in the home we built for when they come to town (they retired to Northern Michigan and come down to see the grand kids who all live near us). She claims to have no recollection of ever not loving me to death and certainly never said any of those things.

Oh well, life is too short to worry about things said in the past.

If you are on AirTran better check your flight times. Again for the 3rd time they have changed my DD"s flight on the 26th from Philadelphia to Orlando.:eek: :eek:

Also they changed Michelle's flight home on the 5th from afternoon to early morning

Maureen

What flight is she on? The 8 of us:scared1: my family and Crissichef family fly down sept 26 at 4:40, it was orginally a bit later but thie change to 4:40 happend a couple of months ago!

Thanks Erik and Jason, cant wait for our lanyards!

Screen Name:
RK is my daughters initals Rachel Kelly
MJ is my sons initals Matthew James
and well I am their mommy...although some days I would like to deny it:rotfl2:

OK Important stuff.

I am making an assumption on Monday our first planned Day at sea there will be several tastings.

FatCat (assuming Mrs. FatCa) gives the go ahead) will be at the tequila/margarita tasting.

You can buy these tickets(last time $15) when you board at guests services.

So that is my plan... All are welcome.
SEE you there my friend!!!:thumbsup2

I just got back from 4 days in DL- Paris! I missed so much on this thread - trying to catch up!
go ahead, rub it in LOL
:rotfl:

Wow, I get along well with my in laws. (maybe it helps we live 2 hours away.) my inlaws are almost my grandmas age, and they are set in their ways, but will do anything for you. ( they took us all on a cruise 3 years ago).
my mil told me when I was married E, that I was taking her son away from her... HELLO.. no the marine corps "TOOK" your son away LONG before I came around.... suffice to say we tolorate eachother...:mad:

Has this question ever been asked yet?? What does your screen name mean? (some are easy to figure it out.) Mine actually had nothing to do with the Disney Magic. someone one time asked if I was done having kids? and my answer...3 is the Magic number for me.
oh new question of the week
mine is my initials sort of
A- Andrea
NEW- my maiden name (a short version)
Mac- short version of my last name
when I first did it everyone thought I got a new mac computer LOL

I am totally in love with TVEPFOX and her hurricane updates.....who even needs the silly Weather channel anymore? Or weather.com? Her maps are much easier to find and read and she actually summarizes things in a way that's meaningful........I'm glad that the storm that looks like it might actually be a problem is hitting well before our trip. In my experience traveling to WDW and cruising with DCL during hurricane season....unless it's a HUGE disaster of a storm....both WDW and DCL rebound pretty quickly....so even if a storm is there a week or two before we are.....it shouldn't impair our experience!
I :love: you Eric, thanks for that optimisum LOVE IT :)

Okay…. I would hate for you guys to have to memorize yet another post number. We’ve already retired 577 and 6! So, it looks like I might need to start the new thread tonight and get this Chapter closed! That’s good news, IMO!! Can you believe we went through nearly 250 pages in just 2 months?!! Geez! I’ll let you all know when it’s out there.
you rock!

I still have my transparency sheets cut up to use as well, which I’m thinking will work wonderfully for new friends and CMs to sign (dining companions, stateroom host/hostess, servers, etc.) so I can lay it over their photo. It will travel well around the ship. I also have a set for characters to sign that I’ll drop off at GS.
see thats what I was doing for EVERYTHING.. but now.. .you have me a thinken :idea: lol

Angel Food…what a wonderful program that really helps a lot of fraught families and fixed income senior citizens. How nice of you to volunteer your time!
so glad you told me what this is.. here I thought she was just hungry lik Fat Cat LOL:lmao:

No Kidding!!! Hard hat vs. bullet-proof vest?!!! ABSOLUTELY I would be thrilled he’s going to work in that attire! All of the military and law enforcement spouses who live this life...I salute you, too!
Speaking of this... E checked out his new unit and told me last night good news bad news.. oh that cant be good.
Good news- he has an insanly big office
Bad new.. they dont deploy.. WHAT... Im sure iM going to sound like some mean wife, but I have been married to the guy for 11almost yrs I dont know him NOT to deploy... We may need counciling or a refee so we dont kill eachother LMAO

BTW, sorry I’m going to miss the Palo Ressie Line Party complete with umbrella drinks (well, I’m not sorry that I do not have a reason be there!). Maybe I can be your runner to keep your hand cool with a full-glass as you sweat out the anxiety to get reservations you want!
a runner.. I like that idea LMAO:laughing:

No need, Shell....thanks though! Remember that because the lanyards were a rather big undertaking...we really didn't have time to work on any large scale separate fish extender gifts for folks. Plus there added here and there costs (like the shipping to Florida) that we didn't originally plan for with the lanyard team but that Jason and I gladly covered.....so the lanyards and the work and expense that went into them (above, of course the GENEROUS support of every member of the amazing lanyard team!!! :yay: :yay: ) was kind of our unofficial fish extender present to everyone, as well!

It was/is our pleasure!!
Thanks again Eric and Jason!!!! and

OK, here is my TIP 'O THE DAY for all of you budget and/or booze minded folks.(Drea...Erica...are you listening?:rolleyes1 )

If you have been on DCL before and have the plastic refillable drink glasses, pack 'em and bring them with you. You trade them in for another one filled with yummy libations. (Well, you do have to pay like $3.95, but that's a lot less than buying the glass again...plus then you get NEW ones:thumbsup2 ) I just added mine to the pile today.
so what happens if ive never cruise disney before??? LOL

Maureen
awww geez

Screen Name:
RK is my daughters initals Rachel Kelly
MJ is my sons initals Matthew James
and well I am their mommy...although some days I would like to deny it:rotfl2:

HAHA dont we all! LMAO :lmao:

My screen name is also not very exciting. Its my first name followed by my high school football number.

As for MILs, I get along greatwith her now, but that was not always the case. When my wife told her we were getting married, she kind of flipped out and started making a lot of derogatory remarks about my family ("hicks from the hills"...) and about my future prospects. I was just about to graduate from college with an English degree and they didn't see much of a future there. My wife and her father are both engineers, as was the guy they had picked out for her.

Now, almost twenty years later, she is quite please with her daughter's choice as my wife has been able to enjoy being a stay at home mom for the last 6 years and we included a suite for them in the home we built for when they come to town (they retired to Northern Michigan and come down to see the grand kids who all live near us). She claims to have no recollection of ever not loving me to death and certainly never said any of those things.

Oh well, life is too short to worry about things said in the past.

You are very blessed to have such a relationship with your mil. My dh has that with my mom.

See, I am a SAHM, and that's one problem my mil has with me. I do almost everything differently than what she did with her kids. She feels that the fact that I don't do things the same way she did means that I think what she did was wrong. :sad2: Such is life. I don't live to please her. :)

A- Andrea

How strange!! My niece grew up with a girl named Andrea New. Didn't grow up around Georgia, did you? LOL!

OK folks...all 8 of the unclaimed lanyards are now spoken for...THANKS!!

Also, cross your fingers that the USPS doesn't make any kind of goof! I shipped the lanyards to Hoagie Pie yesterday (she lives in Florida near WDW and will bring them to me once I arrive there in 14 days). The lanyards and name badges weighed nearly 20 lb. and took up way too much space and I just coudln't afford to have them as luggage....so Sandi graciously agreed to have me ship them to her to hold for me. So yesterday I packed up a box with the lanyards and supplies and the message centers....and I also put all my secret mickey stuff and all my door magnets and fish extender stuff in the box so I don't have to carry any of that with me. The box ended up being over 30lb!!! :rotfl2:

Let's just hope it gets there safely!!

Erik and Jason - thanks for all the hands on work with the landyards. Can't wait to get mine!!!

sushi today.

With MAYO!!!

They put spicy mayo in the spicy tuna roll.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Technically I can take it or leave it but I know some people love it.

Our postage for the box ended up figuring to be right about $1 per pound....it was funny though....apparently the front desk Postal Staff are encouraged to "upsell" all packages to overnight shipping...so when Jason went to the P.O. the girl said, "I can already guess you're going to say no but I have to ask anyway----would you like to ship this overnight? It will be $123?" :rotfl2:

Good decision!!:thumbsup2 :lmao:

Maureen

:scared1: Mine seem to be okay. I'm also leaving on the 26th at 1:43 from Phila to Orlando but my flight is still reading at that time. My flights home were changed previously (twice) but are still reading the same for the moment. I'm not really sure when they go in and make changes, so I usually check them at least 3-4 times a day (first thing in the AM, usually around lunch, usually around dinner and even before I go to bed - I'm not paranoid :rotfl: ).

I sure am glad I'm not flying. I would freak if I kept finding my flight time/date changed..... Totally freak.

Hoping all of you flying have a very good experience and that your flight times get set in stone soon!

Q.O.T.W.: Mine is boring, just my initials and my basketball/volleyball number from childhood/teenage years.

Kimberly: Great pages, I love the goofy one :love:

FatCat: Mmmm Sushi, I love it! We just went to our favorite sushi restaurant on Friday and I got suckered into trying their Japanese version of an Oyster Shooter :scared1:

Question: Can we go straight to Rockin Bar D when we get on the ship to add/change ressies or is there a specific time it opens?

Amen! I even have co-workers coming to me now asking if my personal weather reporter and producer has provided any more updates! You're fame is stretching!!

You are too kind!!!

If there is a storm brewing while we're on the ship, I know how to read the weather charts posted in the ship's lobby. I can hold weather class!
Plus we're getting a tour of the bridge, I'll ask the Captain myself!

I don't mind a little class work, would like it. Glad to see another NY person on the cruise. I live in Elbridge NY just north of Skaneateles lake. Look forward to meeting you.

Jack

I sure am glad I'm not flying. I would freak if I kept finding my flight time/date changed..... Totally freak.

Hoping all of you flying have a very good experience and that your flight times get set in stone soon!

That would be great but things can even change the day of.... Believe me, now that I have tickets for MNSSHP that same night, I wish I could leave either earlier that day or possibly the day before (although switching at this late point, I'd have to shell out more $$$ for flights and a night's stay). I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed!!! As long as the weather holds out, I think we'll be okay. I like to get to the airport VERY early! Even my sons tend to go early - in fact last year when my oldest and his DGF went for a week at WDW, they were there so early that they asked them if they wanted to leave on the earlier flight!!! So they made it to WDW about 1-1/2 hours early!

A- Andrea

I am enjoying hearing the backgrounds of all of these screen names.

NEW....Newton like the cookie (or now I know like the family tequilla business!)

So my interpretation of "anewmac"....
When you got married, you became a new Mcxxxxx, thus "anewmac"!

That would be great but things can even change the day of.... Believe me, now that I have tickets for MNSSHP that same night, I wish I could leave either earlier that day or possibly the day before (although switching at this late point, I'd have to shell out more $$$ for flights and a night's stay). I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed!!! As long as the weather holds out, I think we'll be okay. I like to get to the airport VERY early! Even my sons tend to go early - in fact last year when my oldest and his DGF went for a week at WDW, they were there so early that they asked them if they wanted to leave on the earlier flight!!! So they made it to WDW about 1-1/2 hours early!

I have actually been thinking about getting there even earlier but that means the kids missing another day of school, if the weather is bad, I will be at PHL as early as possible hoping for an earlier flight!

That was nice that we got that earlier flight...it still makes me laugh thinking that Dave never told me that the flight number added to to the number 13 BEFORE the flight! :rotfl:

I checked our flights and they were all still departing at the scheduled time as of now...knock on wood! :)

Just checking in on all the posts that I missed....boy are we one chatty group....:rolleyes1

I have been waiting all day for the phone call from the hospital....I will be going in for my third knee operation Friday morning @ 8:00am....:goodvibes

I'm praying for a full recovery by the time the cruise is here:wizard: If not then it means more drinking at The Cove:rolleyes:

I will be away from the boards for a few days and I'm sure when I come back we will be on Take 4....

Everyone have a great weekend and lets continue our countdown to seeing and meeting new friends

Just checking in on all the posts that I missed....boy are we one chatty group....:rolleyes1

I have been waiting all day for the phone call from the hospital....I will be going in for my third knee operation Friday morning @ 8:00am....:goodvibes

I'm praying for a full recovery by the time the cruise is here:wizard: If not then it means more drinking at The Cove:rolleyes:

I will be away from the boards for a few days and I'm sure when I come back we will be on Take 4....

Everyone have a great weekend and lets continue our countdown to seeing and meeting new friends

good luck with your surgery...I am an orthpedics nurse, any quetions let me know!

Charlie: good luck tomorrow with the knee surgery!!

we are going in Thurs night now because of our Airtran flights were changed and we would be late for MNSSHP. I checked our flights on Sunday and they were changed by 5 minutes. :)

Doug46: do you live in A2? We lived in Saline a few years back. Love that area!! :)

Good luck with your knee! What are you having done to it? Try to let us know how it goes.

good luck with your surgery...I am an orthpedics nurse, any quetions let me know!
Oh good! In January when I have my 3rd ACL reconstruction, I can ask you if I have any questions! :thumbsup2 Yeah...I've torn my left ACL twice and now my right one is currently torn. I did it all three times dancing. I'm starting my 26 year of dance soon and I just can't give it up even though I've gotten hurt a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter