Dopey Shenanigans! A Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend TR (Completed-videos added)

Love all the medal pictures and the pictures of Illuminations. We tried to catch it on our last trip, but we were still nose deep on our pizza at Via Napoli so we didn't make it outside to see. It's been a while since I've actually watched it, I think I need to do that soon!

Love all the medal pictures and the pictures of Illuminations. We tried to catch it on our last trip, but we were still nose deep on our pizza at Via Napoli so we didn't make it outside to see. It's been a while since I've actually watched it, I think I need to do that soon!
Thanks! Via Napoli is a good excuse to miss it.

Illuminations is always a great show. My favorite version of the show is new years.

Arg, I just realized that I stopped getting alerts for your TR! :mad:

Anyway...congrats on finishing your first full Dopey! ;) Glad you had nicer weather for the marathon and it sounds like it was a fun race! But WHAT is going on with the lady in the ECV? Not cool lady!

I love that you went to AK after the marathon when I think most people would head to Magic Kingdom! :yay:

Looking forward to reading about the last day!

Awesome pictures of Illuminations! That is my favorite nighttime show as well, and I will be really sad when that finally leaves.

Illuminations is always a great show. My favorite version of the show is new years.

I'd love to see it during New Year's sometime.

Arg, I just realized that I stopped getting alerts for your TR! :mad:

Anyway...congrats on finishing your first full Dopey! ;) Glad you had nicer weather for the marathon and it sounds like it was a fun race! But WHAT is going on with the lady in the ECV? Not cool lady!

I love that you went to AK after the marathon when I think most people would head to Magic Kingdom! :yay:

Looking forward to reading about the last day!

Those dang alerts!

Thanks! Yeah it was a great race despite the crazy EVC lady.

I went to MK last year so decided to change it up.

Awesome pictures of Illuminations! That is my favorite nighttime show as well, and I will be really sad when that finally leaves.

That day will eventually come...

Good read. Thanks for posting!

I love Disney but I do try to avoid the Marathon crowds. :)

Thanks! Marathon crowds aren't typically that bad. The holiday crowds is what did it this year.

I love all of your medal picturs! But that Goofy medal really doesn't fit in so well ... the round medals make so much more sense.

So cool that you got to see Michael!

I love your Illuminations pictures!
Here's the important question ... which was cooler, the SpaceX launch or Illuminations? The launch is definitely more rare, but Illuminations is pretty cool ...

I love all of your medal picturs! But that Goofy medal really doesn't fit in so well ... the round medals make so much more sense.

So cool that you got to see Michael!

I love your Illuminations pictures!
Here's the important question ... which was cooler, the SpaceX launch or Illuminations? The launch is definitely more rare, but Illuminations is pretty cool ...
Thanks! Yeah I wish Goofy was round but I guess Goofy feels he needs to stand out on his own from Dopey.

Good question! SpaceX would’ve probably been cooler had I been prepared for it. It was a nice surprise though.

Any TR with the word "shenanigans" in the title deserves to be read, and this one is great so far!
Congrats on finishing the challenge!

I haven't commented much, but I have been reading your entire report! I loved your race recaps - I have no desire to ever run more than a 5K, but it is interesting to read about the longer distances!

Good for you for lasting the entire day after your marathon!

I haven't commented much, but I have been reading your entire report! I loved your race recaps - I have no desire to ever run more than a 5K, but it is interesting to read about the longer distances!

Good for you for lasting the entire day after your marathon!
Thanks! The 5K is definitely a fun race.

Its good to keep moving after a marathon.

Wow, the pictures and your story-telling through the Marathon are really awesome! Congrats on that amazing accomplishment!

Color me jealous..... friends with Michael Bowling and meeting up with him at Epcot ... SO COOL! You guys should have snapped a pic together for your TR. I'm a loyal listener and fan of the Connecting with Walt Podcast :thumbsup2 "From West to East and Kingdom to Kingdom" :music:

Wow, the pictures and your story-telling through the Marathon are really awesome! Congrats on that amazing accomplishment!

Color me jealous..... friends with Michael Bowling and meeting up with him at Epcot ... SO COOL! You guys should have snapped a pic together for your TR. I'm a loyal listener and fan of the Connecting with Walt Podcast :thumbsup2 "From West to East and Kingdom to Kingdom" :music:
Thank you!

I know I should’ve gotten a pic. I didn’t think of it and it was dark. I have a picture from the Dis 20 trip though. Connecting with Walt is one of my favorites!

So jealous you got to meet up with Michael Bowling. Connecting with Walt is one of my favorites.

Bon Voyage!

Hey I finally got to sleep in! Well at least longer than I have the last four days. Today we had a breakfast ADR at Trattoria Al Forno for the Bon Voyage Character breakfast! I had yet to be there so I was excited to try it out. I am warning you though I was a bad Diser and didn't take any food pictures. When I booked this ADR only four were going on this trip. This was the only ADR I couldn't change to five online. We told them when we arrived we had five and they said they would accommodate us. On the way there though was a weird circumstance. We walked over to MK to take a bus to the Boardwalk. No bus was coming for the I can see. Then all of the sudden a van pulls up. It says Disney transportation on the side and a CM gets out and asks where we are heading. We say Boardwalk and she says hop in! So we get in this van and get a FREE personal ride to the Boardwalk. It was weird but really cool at the same time! We were about 15 minutes late when we arrived and that didn't seem to be a problem for them either thankfully.

We were seated and served the typical juice Disney gives at most breakfasts. The first course was breads/pastries. There were sooo good! The star shaped one especially!

Then the characters arrived!

First off Rapunzel

IMG_2231_2_50.jpg

IMG_2233_50.jpg

IMG_2235_50.jpg

Then Prince Eric

IMG_2239_50.jpg

IMG_2241_50.jpg

Somewhere in here our next course of fruit came. Nothing special just fruit...

Then Ariel...

IMG_2243_50.jpg

IMG_2245_50.jpg

IMG_2247_50.jpg

Then our food came. I ordered the fluffy pancakes with bacon. The pancakes were quite good and filling. I didn't finish it especially after all the pastries I ate.

Finally Flynn Ryder

IMG_2250_50.jpg

IMG_2253_50.jpg

I really enjoyed this breakfast and so did everyone else in my group. One thing I liked is it wasn't a buffet but it was all you can eat so you could get more pastries, more fruit, and more of your entrée if you wanted. I would definitely do this meal again.

After that we headed to Epcot for some morning fun!

Up next: Hey look characters!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter