don't you get tired of going to the same place?

thanks for your responses, all! I just was in the mood to hear from like-minded people!:grouphug:

don't get me wrong, I didn't say there is anything wrong with going to a cabin (or beach, or whatever) often. I just get amazed that no one asks these people the same question.

people reallycan't understand why we goto disney at all, let alone often, since our kids are grown and its just us 2!!!

ps Hi tracy and mari!:wave2:

sigh.. once again, was asked this. at work today, tending bar.

I pointed out that Johnny Fisher (fake name;)) has a trailer and site up north (to us illinoians, that would be wisconsin, where 50% of Illinoians vacation) and goes there almost every weekend in the summer, and for a few weeks at a time often.

the person asking has a house in Galena,IL, and she and hubby drive west from the Chicago area to their place many times throughout the year.

don't you get tired of going to the same place all the time?

after getting the "hmm, good point". it was pointed out to me that once they get there, they don't have to spend any money. unless they want to go out to eat, etc.

um, nevermind that they have a mortagage on the house, and property taxes! or a payment on the trailer, and a monthly site. fee.:lmao:

I really don't cae what anyone wants to do with their money, or where they want to vacation, but it amazes me how opinionated people get when they find out you go to disney every year (maybe twice a year!!!;))

We go to our lake house Up North (WI Dells area) several times a year. I don't get tired of it at all. It's a time to get away from the hectic life here and just relax.

I do wish it was just a bit closer. 3 1/2 hours without traffic but if it's a holiday weekend, it can easily add 1 1/2 each way.

We go the same lakeside resort every summer for a week. We see the same people there, the same week, year after year, some have been going there for over 30 years (there is a couple who has gone there for 50 years). August was our 7th year.

We just can't bear to give it up. Every year we think - there are lots of other things we would like to do, places we would like to go. Every year we talk and talk about it, and it comes back to this place. I keep thinking my girls (12 and 13) are going to get bored, but they don't.

Both girls have already decided they are going to get married there and are going to bring their own families there someday.

I can see how Disney would be that kind of place for people (even though it isn't for me).

Denae

I have been other places plenty. So whenever I face a long drive to get to said place I think - I should have just driven to Disney instead. Yes it is more expensive than Camping but it's my happy place.

Whenever I camp I really enjoy myself but it's apples to oranges for me. I like to swim and go tubing down a river but I rather do it at a resort where I can change the scenery quickly to a ride on POTC.

The problem is that Disney is perfect for my kids and I love it as well. OTOH the louvre is fantastic but my 3 year old would not feel so inclined. I will save those trips for when my kids can appreciate art and culture ( not to mention sit still for over a minute).

My oldest has been to Europe and Africa but he doesn't beg me to take him there. He begs for waterparks and roller coasters.

My friends ask us that and laugh at us. I think it's because most people have WDW in their minds as a once in a lifetime trip. They don't think of it like their annual beach/skiing trips. The same friend who is the most puzzled by our love of WDW - goes to Fort Lauderdale every year to spend a week hanging out in his dad's condo pretty much doing nothing.

I just find it so affordable compared to other vacations. Funny isn't it? Most people say its $$ and that's why they can't imaine people going often. Heck - I used to say the same thing!

But really...there's not many places I can go with food, lodging, and amusement all thrown in for much less. Last year we did a 10 day trip for $2500. This year we did a 12 day trip for $3500 (incl. tips, etc. Not airfare though). Prices went up and we splurged a little more this year :)

Our cruise earlier this year which was fun, but not as fun as WDW - was $2500 for 5 days.

Last year's trip to a cottage on a local island was $500 for 4 days and we only ate 1 meal out and didn't spend anything on extra activities.

Camping was just as expensive and our 4 day weekend this summer cost us $500 including non-electrical campsite, canoe rentals, a couple of meals out, etc.

I find WDW good value for money.

That said, we've gone 3 times in the last 3 yrs and we're probably going to take a break for a little bit. DH is slightly "Disneyed out" and TBH, so am I. A break for a year or two is perfect for us. Next year, we plan to do most of our vacationing with our friends.

The only place I get tired of going to all the time is work.

:highfive!!!

I do have to say weekend lake cottages are quite a bit easier to go to than going to FL from somewhere in the Midwest. So, it's not really an apples & apples comparison. If the only place they ever vacationed was the lake & the lake was 1,000 miles from home, then it'd be more comparable.

And though I do enjoy revisiting places I've already been, I'm not going to keep going the same places over & over if it means NOT going to any other place I'd like to visit (and there are tons of those).:goodvibes

I just find it so affordable compared to other vacations. Funny isn't it? Most people say its $$ and that's why they can't imaine people going often. Heck - I used to say the same thing!

Even with Y.E.S. tickets & a cheap off-site cabin, our Disney trip this year was far & away the most expensive vacation I've ever paid for out of my own pocket. It's all relative, I guess :)

Even Asa DVC member, we don't plan on going to the parks every year.

My bil and his gf go every year, this trip,will be their 3rd in 13 months. Way too much for me, but I usually just roll my eyes to myself and go,about my business.

The problem is that Disney is perfect for my kids and I love it as well. OTOH the louvre is fantastic but my 3 year old would not feel so inclined. I will save those trips for when my kids can appreciate art and culture ( not to mention sit still for over a minute).

That's a big part of it for my family right now too. My youngest is 4 and just not old enough to appreciate many destinations. Even going up north - she's not big enough for horseback riding or hiking or zip lining, she gets bored canoeing, and keeping an eye on her at the beach is a full time job. And places geared toward her age group, like children's museums, Sesame Place, etc. aren't terribly fun for my older kids (14 & 11). At Disney, there is something for everyone. It isn't the only place where that is true but there are more places I'd rather postpone until she's older than places that have something to offer everyone in the family.

Well, no. I don't get tired of:

Going to DL (two parks and a DTD)
Going to WDW (four parks and two water parks and a DTD, plus the hotels)
Going on a Cruise in the Bahamas (Nassau, CC)
Going on a Cruise in Mexico (PV and Cabo, plus the Ship itself)
Visiting SF for the WDF Museum (Pretty great city)

Disney Travel is fairly diverse. I haven't even started with Adventures By Disney yet.

This was the answer stated by yours truly to the person who visits the SAME LAKE in Canada twice a year.

Doesn't Canada have more than one lake? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter