Don't want to wait in lines? Follow us! 10 day Picture Tutorial.

Yes I haven't been since 1995. I don't mind waiting in lines..after all we're going to be there 9 days :) And in all likelihood spend the majority of our time at MK and Epcot. Of course we'll go to DHS (MGM I call it) and AK. The last time I went to DHS was 1995 and wasn't impressed. I know they've added a bunch since then, and I will give it a second chance.

Don't mind waiting in lines! :sad2: You must be one of the patient ones. You may have been able to tell, me, not so much! I feel as if I'm burnin' daylight. :hourglass Definitely give DHS a second chance, though without my kids it wouldn't be as interesting to me. I would never see Playhouse Disney, Little Mermaid, Lights, Motors, Action, etc on my own. But One Man's Dream, Tot, Rockin' Coaster, Toy Story Mania, Fantasmic, and the Streetmosphere are certainly worth a visit. Plus other fun stuff.

wonderful wonderful wonderful job, so fun, so interesting, I too was on the edge of my seat a few times, I think this has been my fav report, and I read lots of 'em! Thanx 4 taking the time........and I love your red shirts,:laundy: :flower3: :cheer2:

hurry back please**********************************

Thanks! I like to read TR's too. KathyRN is my favorite.

great updates, note to self no chocolate eclairs in Epcot, :rotfl:

:rotfl: Chocolate croissants and napoleans on the other hand... Can you send me some when you go? :thumbsup2

Are the red shirts from Disney or zazzle or your own creation? I think they look great! I haven't had any luck on the web finding those tie-dye Mickey heads so it looks like I'm going to have to give it a whirl if I want one. My boys saw the stuff I printed with the icon to sew on and the tie-dying instructions and had a good laugh at the idea of ME trying to be crafty. They also vetoed any plan I might have for matching clothes. Teens can be such a joy sometimes!

Well, actually, I do remember the rest of my day fairly well, despite being a bit loopy. And crazy enough, it was filled right to the top.

From France we were on a mission to see the sugar lady in Japan. I, myself, work in sugar and wanted to be impressed by her as I always hear people talk about her on here. So I was on a mission.

CIMG3716.jpg

Ha, ha! Found her. I scoped out a spot and prepared to be impressed. Well, she was pretty fast. And I don’t do what she does, working with spun sugar. I work with fondant and gumpaste. And she is a lot faster than me. But, I wasn’t all that impressed. Oooo, I hope that isn’t too bad to say. It was just OK. But probably people are impressed with what I do too so it isn’t fair. I was still glad I saw her.

Here is how my family entertained themselves while I was watching.

DSCN3060.jpg

DSCN3061.jpg

There are many more but I won't bore you.

Then we went into Japan and looked at all the stuff, especially for kitties. We ended up buying a teeny tiny cat that was a dollar. I guess that is getting a pretty cheap souvenir.

After that we went to Italy. We walked all the way into Italy to get our photos taken with the Photopass guy.
image543.jpg

Then we saw this guy so we stopped. And Mulan got to be in the show. I ended up sitting down as I was pretty tired. He was cute and funny.

CIMG3719.jpg

CIMG3721.jpg

Then we wandered for a bit, stopping to listen to all the entertainment.

CIMG3717.jpg

And then I really wanted to see the Chinese acrobats. But we had missed them so we saw Mulan first and then the movie and then settled outside to wait for them. While we were waiting I needed to change Boo. Now don’t forget, she was in a terrible mood.

So she and I go into the CS Chinese restaurant to use their facilities. Afterwards she realizes this is a place to eat and she hasn’t eaten in a long time since she skipped lunch and missed the French pastries. So I order her orange chicken. Yes, I guess we were following Suzy & Milo around this whole day. We were the only people in the place as it was around 4:30 p.m. So the very nice girl who took our order bends down to say hello to Boo. I had said “Ni Hao” which is hello in Chinese and I think the girls thought we were friendly. We certainly seemed innocent enough.

But, we were a hostile group. And as soon as she bent down Boo smacked her flat on the face with all her might. This made the poor girl fall backwards as she was just squatted down there. All the workers behind the counter who were bored and watching the scene burst out laughing and there was general Chinese hub bub in the whole place. I, naturally, was MORTIFIED. I could not apologize enough and I could not escape fast enough. I grabbed that orange chicken and hit the road. Which in typical fashion of my bad CS skills, had I been thinking I would have gotten more orange chicken as when I went back to the family the 3 girls DEVOURED that plate of food.

DSCN3062.jpg

CIMG3722.jpg

DSCN3063.jpg

DSCN3065.jpg

From here we went to Norway and rode Maelstrom and watched the quite lame movie. And bought School bread for a later treat. By this time the girls were hungry and we decided to skip Mexico which we had done very thoroughly the year before.

The other reason we wanted to leave was I wanted to take the big girls to the outlet mall next to Crossroads. Donald didn’t want to do this so I took him and Boo home. He thought I was crazy for going shopping after a day at Epcot and not feeling well. And maybe I was. But I HAD to get my girls some shoes and there is a shoe store in that outlet mall that is totally awesome. AWESOME. I did not feel I could go home without a trip there. I promised to be reasonable and just go to the shoe store and the Disney outlet and grab dinner and come home.

And that is exactly what we did. We were gone about an hour and a half. We got both girls dress shoes and boots and Mulan a pair of sandals. All of which were desperately needed and much cheaper here. And much better quality.

Then we went to the Disney store and I got some scrapbook stuff. Suzy later pointed out that I should have bought her some too and kind of like not keeping Jack-Jack on Epcot day, I’m not sure why I didn’t. Had I thought of her for one minute I would have known that she would want her own kits when we got home. But I wasn’t thinking about her. I was thinking about getting out of there cause I was starving.

I also got Boo a shirt that says, “You can’t spell princess without ESPN” which she wears all the time. She is currently wearing it.

From there we called Donald to see what he wanted to eat but he had already eaten stuff from our stock at the house and said to just forget about him. So we decided to pick up from Bob Evans. I used the GPS to find the closest one and also the phone number. There was one on 192 right next to our house. Yum! They said 20 minutes and we killed time by going to a store right there in the same parking lot. I bought the girls each a stuffed animal and I bought a Mickey sweatshirt that I wear almost every day. I love it and I loved that it was under $20!

Having killed enough time, we went to grab our bag of food and head home. I think it was just before 8 p.m. We had gotten lots of food at Bob Evans and we ate almost every single bite. Having added up what I ate for that day it came up very short. Ummm, maybe a yogurt and Shepherd’s pie. I think that was pretty much it. I had assumed at W.S. when I was hungry I would just grab something delish but it just didn’t work out that way. So this really hit the spot. MMMM, Bob Evans green beans. Does anyone do the green bean better? I doubt very much that they do.

And then I was toast. I’m pretty sure I did something of interest. I think it was Thursday night so there may even have been NFL on. And then to bed.

Only to awaken to our last Disney Day. Sigh.

Are the red shirts from Disney or zazzle or your own creation? I think they look great! I haven't had any luck on the web finding those tie-dye Mickey heads so it looks like I'm going to have to give it a whirl if I want one. My boys saw the stuff I printed with the icon to sew on and the tie-dying instructions and had a good laugh at the idea of ME trying to be crafty. They also vetoed any plan I might have for matching clothes. Teens can be such a joy sometimes!

Kind of my own creation. It's a design from here from long ago that I had saved and then just photoshopped it all to make it look like us. But you won't be able to find them anywhere.

Ah, yes, I'm still a few years away from teenagers but I can only imagine. Ariel already struggles with the idea of matching and she is only 6. It's so hard to be searching for your own identity. ::yes::

Sounds like you had an interesting time. I haven't spent much time at the China pavilion but would like to next time. I think we'll spend the majority of our time at MK and Epcot b/c there's just so much to do.

Great updates. It really looks you had a great time. I'm glad to see those pics, really amazing. Looking forward for more.

Have a nice day. :)

Such a great trip report. We are going in May and I have been showing the girls' all your pics etc. I am also a WW girl and feel your pain. Can't wait to read the rest!

Sounds like you had an interesting time. I haven't spent much time at the China pavilion but would like to next time. I think we'll spend the majority of our time at MK and Epcot b/c there's just so much to do.

I know, I know. Epcot and MK are so huge with such great stuff. And I always feel like I'm rushing around Future World. Or else I'm just camped out in one pavilion for the entire time and miss all the others! But I must say both DHS & AK are really growing on me.

Great updates. It really looks you had a great time. I'm glad to see those pics, really amazing. Looking forward for more.

Have a nice day. :)

I hope you had a great weekend and thanks! We only have 1 more on property day and then home again, home again, jiggity jig. :sad2:

Such a great trip report. We are going in May and I have been showing the girls' all your pics etc. I am also a WW girl and feel your pain. Can't wait to read the rest!

My girls love looking at other people's TR before we go so I'm glad to return the favor!

As for WW.... AHHHHHH!!!!! It's driving me insane this week. It's 11:25 p.m. and I just spent the last hour scrapbooking and cleaning so I wouldn't eat anything. It's been HOURS since I ran out of points as my dad made home made pizza. I originally only had 6 points worth. But, of course, I ended up having 9 points when all was said & done. Along with my afternoon popcorn and my post dinner 1 pt. brownies all my points were gone at 6:00 p.m.! Sigh. I had 1 pt worth of f.f. Pringles at around 8:00. And now the only thing left for me is to go to bed. At least I'm finally getting tired. Anyone else an insomniac when they are dieting?

I did lose 1.4 lbs at weigh-in on Wed., though, so that was encouraging as I'm never a big loser. I'm hoping this week for a half lb. And to get that I'm seriously going to have to starve myself on Monday and Tuesday as I'm having a big party at my house tomorrow to give Suzy her Fantasy Football Trophy. I have an eating plan but I'm sure even with a good plan in place I'll need 5-10 Flexpoints. I weighed myself yesterday and I think I'm the same, though I don't really know how my scale compares to the official scale. I think mine weighs heavy. :rolleyes:

I really need a good :cheer2: and then a giant :grouphug: so I can look like a princess: and not a :clown: .

When I first went to Epcot I was 11, almost 12 so it didn't have that much of a profound effect on me. Went back when I was fourteen and meh!! But I did have a little more fun. When I went back in 1995, I was twenty-three, almost twenty-four and had newfound respect. Now that i'm 37, well I can't WAIT to get back to Epcot.

I love walking around the countries too :)

Will you post more pics?

When I first went to Epcot I was 11, almost 12 so it didn't have that much of a profound effect on me. Went back when I was fourteen and meh!! But I did have a little more fun. When I went back in 1995, I was twenty-three, almost twenty-four and had newfound respect. Now that i'm 37, well I can't WAIT to get back to Epcot.

I love walking around the countries too :)

Will you post more pics?

I will post more pics, but no more of Epcot. We just didn't take a lot of generic countries. I think next time we go back I will take more of the countries and random things. Even with 1600 photos I felt a little short changed on the random photos of things other than our family.

Suzy - I like your date night idea. We are going in May with my parents & I think I'll use the same idea for our date night.

I hope you are both going to cheer for the Eagles today! :cheer2: I know you won't be cheering for the Steelers.

Suzy - I like your date night idea. We are going in May with my parents & I think I'll use the same idea for our date night.

I hope you are both going to cheer for the Eagles today! :cheer2: I know you won't be cheering for the Steelers.

Yup. Here in our house we're rooting for Donovan McNabb.

I will post more pics, but no more of Epcot. We just didn't take a lot of generic countries. I think next time we go back I will take more of the countries and random things. Even with 1600 photos I felt a little short changed on the random photos of things other than our family.

Oh I plan on taking thousands of pictures. This might be the last time we get to go but who knows :) The more pictures i have the better it will be.

Thank you so much for posting your trip in such detail! I loved reading every page! We're leaving for our first trip as a family (I went when I was 14) with my DH and my Twin DDs in six days. Can't wait! :woohoo:

OK, I'm happy for Kurt Warner. It's nice for him. But boo to the Steelers. Another Steeler's Playoff game and another broken opponent. I know, I know, football is a violent game. But isn't it curious just how many broken oppenents Pittsburgh leaves behind in the playoffs?

Lemondrop, thank you for posting your first post here!!!! And I promise you I will send a little "Happy Vacation" thought for you in six days.

I started reading some of the advernture....just had to agree with you on one major thing...those WAL-MARTS are HORRIBLE down there!

In the van:
100_0300.jpg

Isn't he cute in his mickey's ears???:love:[/QUOTE]

This is the sign of a wonderful trip. I am boy biased as I have three boys 12,11 and 10. I have seen this kind of complete exaustion before.

I have been reading your TR I love it, its like a good book you just can't put down. We are heading to WDW in April, Myself, DH, my sister Her Dh and my brother his DW and our 9 children. I like your plan of no longer than 10 minutes in line, we are trying to plan the same style, up early and hurry. I was telling my sister about the "Date Night" we agreed it is a great idea and we will be trying this ourselves.

It sounds like a great trip. Thanks for posting the details and pics.::yes::

I started reading some of the advernture....just had to agree with you on one major thing...those WAL-MARTS are HORRIBLE down there!

Glad someone sees it my way. If I lived there I don't even know what I would do. Maybe do all my grocery shopping at the new Aldi's they got down there recently.

I have been reading your TR I love it, its like a good book you just can't put down. We are heading to WDW in April, Myself, DH, my sister Her Dh and my brother his DW and our 9 children. I like your plan of no longer than 10 minutes in line, we are trying to plan the same style, up early and hurry. I was telling my sister about the "Date Night" we agreed it is a great idea and we will be trying this ourselves.

It sounds like a great trip. Thanks for posting the details and pics.::yes::

Definitely do the date night! Looking back it is still one of my highlights. Next time I think we should have a whole date day. :rotfl2:

Side note, we will get back to this TR and finish it up soon. Right now, however, Suzy is at the hospital with Jack-Jack. He is very ill and having some testing done. So once we are all healthy and ready to reminisce again we will finish with our last WDW day and our travel home day.

Stick with us, I'm sure it will be soon...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter